Jason Hatcher to visit Hawks

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Per Bob Condota

Another huge DT, with 11 sacks. One year prove it deal? He may want to cash in or think 31 is still young enough to win a title and get another deal next year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He would be an upgrade in the middle of the D-line.

If he wants to do a prove-it deal, this would be an awesome signing.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
The LOB may have company with Monsters Inc. and all these massive DT's (McD, Hatcher, Williams, Scruggs).

Jville

Reaction score
This is another annual veteran look along the lines of a Allen Branch ..... Tony McDaniel. 2013 was his best statistical year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seems unlikely that he'd be up for a prove-it deal coming off an 11 sack season at DT. But those 11 sacks do look like an aberration in his 8 year career. Looks like a potential homerun or classic overspend depending on the cost.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Wait, 11 sacks as a DT last season? Did I read that right? Damn, that is some serious production. I know this guy is over 30 but I would think the price tag is going to be high.

Chapow

Reaction score
Whoa, he would be awesome on our D, but I can't imagine him taking a 1-2 year "prove it" deal coming off a career year for him.

drdiags

Reaction score
I wonder why the Cowboys didn't start him the first 5 seasons with them? Was it because of the DT that went to the Bengals and the one they selected from LSU? Interesting visit to be sure.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Hmmm wonder what kind of money he would want... in a vacuum it sure would be awesome to add him

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Anybody know anything about this guy ? Plays on Dallas' defence so that's DEFINITLEY red flag #1 lol

Doubt too many 31 yr olds will sign a prove it deal. Would think he'd be looking for some security. Legs should be fresh as he's only been a starter for 3 years

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yes he had 11 sacks, but teams aren't stupid. They will look at his whole career and see that last year was an aberration. They aren't going to throw tons of money at him expecting he will continue to be a 10+ sack guy next year.

It's very likely he could be had on a prove-it deal to show teams that he can produce a lot of sacks again. Depends if he wants to chase a ring too.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HawkFan72":sweguc9z said:
Yes he had 11 sacks, but teams aren't stupid. They will look at his whole career and see that last year was an aberration. They aren't going to throw tons of money at him expecting he will continue to be a 10+ sack guy next year.

It's very likely he could be had on a prove-it deal to show teams that he can produce a lot of sacks again. Depends if he wants to chase a ring too.
Clearly, 11 sacks for DT is an abberation.

Or is it? His first year in a Monte Kiffen 4 man front (guess who Pete credits with a lot of his defensive front philosophy?) and he gets that kind of production? Makes me think Hatcher wishes he had not been in a 3-4 all those years.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
If we get McDaniel back - I am not too concerned with our defensive line. Adding this guy would be great but at no more than a 2-3 year deal worth not too much.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
31 years old, played all his career with Dallas and is finally looking for a pay day. Seattle likely have to pony up 5 mil per year or more. Maybe.

davidonmi

Reaction score
no one is going to give a 31 year DT a 3-4 year deal, that's just the way the NFL works now.
If he can be had on a 1 year deal I'd be ecstatic

bigcc

Reaction score
I'd have to imagine he's coming cheap or not coming at all..... why wouldn't they have just kept a younger mcdonald otherwise?

I'd rather run with the youngins we have and be able to resign KJ/Malcolm next season then give an old DT anything more than a 1 year audition.... which doesn't make sense for him.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If they got this guy, it would totally feel like another Bennett/Avril situation situation. Productive D-linemen on no one's radar but coming off a productive season. Maybe a 1-to-2 year deal at that mid-level range gets it done. This will be interesting.

Except Avril/Bennett were younger, so the prove-it deals made slightly more sense. Still, market might be soft for this guy. We'll see.