Broncos sign Aqib Talib

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Denver has reached agreement on a 6-year, $57M deal that includes $26M gtd with former Patriots CB Aqib Talib, per sources.

Does this take them out of the DeMarcus Ware sweepstakes? They improved their secondary today with a top corner & SS in TJ Ward.

lucky49

Reaction score
broncos trying really hard to do something about their crappy defense lol. how much you wanna bet talib suddenly proves ineffective or gets ijured

GCrow

Reaction score
Shouldn't be awkward for Wes Welker when he walks by him

Mizak

Reaction score
LOL @ Robert Kraft being a cheap azz AGAIN! How can Tom Brady take this crap for so long?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Mizak":2aqeh4we said:
LOL @ Robert Kraft being a cheap azz AGAIN! How can Tom Brady take this crap for so long?

He's getting shit on by everybody these days...

tom-brady-left-hanging.gif

mikeak

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":17ere30k said:
Richard Sherman is getting 12.5M a year, isn't he?

This is what I am happy about Revis sitting out as a Jet, getting traded to a crappy Bucs and while earning $16 million he received nothing guaranteed and will be cut / restructured tomorrow.

The CB deals today have re-adjusted the market to where Sherman getting $12 / year with $30 million guaranteed is a great deal for him and hopefully it will be even less

We should have planned for that all along

davidonmi

Reaction score
lucky49":3ur489uy said:
broncos trying really hard to do something about their crappy defense lol. how much you wanna bet talib suddenly proves ineffective or gets ijured
you got that right.
I don't care if Denver is being pronounced offseason SB champions I still believe SF and SEA are the best teams

DeuceNine

Reaction score
Mizak":mf77tf6c said:

The Broncos gave Talib the most guaranteed money for a CB ever. I would have let Talib go as well. Especially considering that in both of his seasons in New England, Talib ending up getting injured when the team needed him the most.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Broncos still flying Ware out. They're really trying to turn that defense around.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
mikeak":1eohds99 said:
Smelly McUgly":1eohds99 said:
Richard Sherman is getting 12.5M a year, isn't he?

This is what I am happy about Revis sitting out as a Jet, getting traded to a crappy Bucs and while earning $16 million he received nothing guaranteed and will be cut / restructured tomorrow.

The CB deals today have re-adjusted the market to where Sherman getting $12 / year with $30 million guaranteed is a great deal for him and hopefully it will be even less

We should have planned for that all along
I bet John already has. And like I've been saying for months Revis's contract was a huge outlier not the baseline.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":b351ht6j said:
Broncos still flying Ware out. They're really trying to turn that defense around.
Good luck with that. The AFC is so far behind the NFC as to border on unfair. Ware doesn't solve their actual issue... speed.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Talib quoted upon inking his signature, "Welker, if you ever target me for injury in practice, I'm killing your whole family."

(For the kids at the back of the short bus, Welker's the guy that cheap-shotted Talib onto IR in the playoffs.)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":38213vno said:
Talib quoted upon inking his signature, "Welker, if you ever target me for injury in practice, I'm killing your whole family."

(For the kids at the back of the short bus, Welker's the guy that cheap-shotted Talib onto IR in the playoffs.)
Should be awesome on the practice maybe we should sign Incognito and Revis just to make it fun?

kearly

Reaction score
Great offseason for Denver so far.

I am loving the sight of all these top drawer corners signing for under $10 million per year btw.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":1oisbp5m said:
I am loving the sight of all these top drawer corners signing for under $10 million per year btw.
Watch the Rams or someone sign Revis for $17m/year, 40% guaranteed, throwing the bell curve. I'd want to punch a kitten.

kobebryant

Reaction score
davidonmi":23f0lpbx said:
lucky49":23f0lpbx said:
you got that right.
I don't care if Denver is being pronounced offseason SB champions I still believe SF and SEA are the best teams

Feel you.

Upgrades at CB/S and even adding an old Demarcus Ware really doesn't change the mismatch that Seattle and San Fran are for Denver. Neither Sea/SF throws enough for major upgrades to the pass defense to really change anything - Rodgers-Cromartie limited Tate as well as they would like Talib to be able to do; TJ Ward is a nice safety but its not like Seattle was going deep middle on them.

Denver's biggest issue with the Hawks or 49ers is that their offense is soft, they have no power run game and are extremely immobile at QB, and their RT sucks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Deja Vu! The Denver Broncos are putting together the "Dream Team!" All they need to do now is sign Vince Young and their good to go...out in the first round of the playoffs.

On a side note, how the hell did Vince Young ever rate a 2 letter nickname? He was never that good.

As far as NE goes, it's Bill Belicheck doing all the cheaping out. He's a cross between Undead Al and Jerrah Jones. His ego causes him to do the stupidest things. Just think if he had signed Wes Welker and kept that first round pick and drafted Cordarrelle Patterson. It would have been the Patriots getting their asses handed to them in the Superbowl instead of the Broncos.

Ever since Belicheck's ego got it's own area code, the New England Patriots have come up short year after year. What a fool. Wait a minute...is he getting his advice from Bill Polian? :sherlock:

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Who cares about their defense.. Their historically good offense scored 8 points against us.