Denver "winning" free agency.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Ware. Ward. Talib.

Anybody remember when Philly had the free agency for all time with Nnamdi, Ronnie Brown, Young, and a handful of others, and were anointed the new SB favorites? Yeah, Denver feels just like that.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Not really the same. Denver just made it to the SB and they are adding talented players at dire need positions. They aren't just picking names and paying money to get nowhere like the eagles.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2ydd3ea7 said:
Not really the same. Denver just made it to the SB and they are adding talented players at dire need positions. They aren't just picking names and paying money to get nowhere like the eagles.
Go look up how many interceptions Ward has for his career. Look at how many games Ware has missed last year. Look and see if Talib has ever played a full schedule.

Free agency all in almost never works out as well as hoped.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Those "key" players they have signed have missed significant time with various injuries and have a bunch of miles on their bodies. Especially Talib & Ware.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NFL Network just posted on Facebook a little bit ago, asking who was winning Free Agency and they had a pic of a couple team logos, including Denver's. I asked when the last time was where a team won free agency, then won the Super Bowl that season. :)

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I think the AFC was probably the weakest it has been in years last year. Denvers path back will not be easy.

ivotuk

Reaction score
John Elway showing his inexperience, and John Fox showing his idiocy. Still cracks me up that he wasn't ready for noise in the Superbowl. Fox didn't coach, on FX you could see that he made suggestions and Peyton cleared them with a yes or no.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Scottemojo":29rcjju2 said:
Coug_Hawk08":29rcjju2 said:
Go look up how many interceptions Ward has for his career. Look at how many games Ware has missed last year. Look and see if Talib has ever played a full schedule.

Ward was the No.2 safety available, and he is a good player. They upgraded a position they were absolutely terrible at last year.

Hasn't Ware only missed 3 games in his entire career? I know he was hampered by injury last season, but still played pretty well. He is a hall of fame player with years left in the tank.

Talib is a huge improvement over Bailey. If he is available in the playoffs, thats a big deal for them. He made it to the playoffs with the Pats last year.

Their future cap will be crappy, but they don't care. Manning won't be around forever. They needed to take the risks to improve immediately. They are have made an effort ($$$ now) to get better, and I think they have done that.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2re3nw8d said:
NFL Network just posted on Facebook a little bit ago, asking who was winning Free Agency and they had a pic of a couple team logos, including Denver's. I asked when the last time was where a team won free agency, then won the Super Bowl that season. :)

This year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
seanmatt":3ttyyfdj said:
RolandDeschain":3ttyyfdj said:

This year.
Psh, Broncos aren't winning Super Bowl 49. :)

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":lxgacrio said:
seanmatt":lxgacrio said:
RolandDeschain":lxgacrio said:

This year.
Psh, Broncos aren't winning Super Bowl 49. :)

They aren't winning the Super Bowl that will be played in 2015, but the one that was played in 2014...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Lets say if the Donkeys got back to the Super Bowl and we did as well..They still will get Beat up..Peyton will retire ,they will be in salary cap hell (trust me) and Donkeyface will get fired...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Feels like they're spending too early and often on "name" players. In a vacuum, they're all good players, but are they the best scheme fits? This feels like Philly all over again. Even if all three help them, I'm not sure they're getting the best long-term value propositions. Seattle's approach last year was completely different.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1za4aubi said:
Coug_Hawk08":1za4aubi said:

Talib was a nice move for them. But it won't mean a ton if they don't keep DRC too.

Ware will not help that team in a moneyball sense if they use him as a 4-3 DE. Would be a lot more worried if they got Allen instead.

Ward, I dunno. They did need to get tougher on defense.

They still need some speed at LB. Until they get it, they don't scare me.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They are betting the bank on next year. After Manning calls it a career, the Broncos' will stop being on top and most likely drop to the bottom of the league. That's why I don't consider Elway as a top GM. He needs to start planning for the future and not bet on just one year.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3dzu1z7u said:
They are betting the bank on next year. After Manning calls it a career, the Broncos' will stop being on top and most likely drop to the bottom of the league. That's why I don't consider Elway as a top GM. He needs to start planning for the future and not bet on just one year.

Why, if he gets a ring as an executive he's cemented, he can walk away any time or stay as long as he wants. Do you know who John Elway is, in Denver?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Do they get a shiny trophy for winning FA???? Or just another ass kicking by Seattle in the Super Bowl again?

SupersonicSeahawkz

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: Man, ware, talib, and ward are really going to help their offensive line with beadles leaving. They are going to stone wall avril and Bennett :sarcasm_off: