Denver reminder

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
I seem to recall that they were about to get shut-out and probably would have if it wasn't a blowout. If course getting rid of Decker should fix that :)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Wasn't there a big missed flag on the one TD they scored that should have called it back, too? I'll have to watch again, but I thought they got away with something there. Could just be revisionist history, though...

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Revisionist history

A flag in the Seahawks kept the drive alive though if I remember. I am not in the club of watching the game 10 times so probably wrong :)

Erebus

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13p22nqw said:
Wasn't there a big missed flag on the one TD they scored that should have called it back, too? I'll have to watch again, but I thought they got away with something there. Could just be revisionist history, though...

The missed flag was DPI on Maxwell. Would've been a TD either way.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
They also figure they only have a year or two of Manning left, so if they want to win a Super Bowl they have to spend now.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
The Donkos will NOT win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning at quarterback. He is done. He will put up big numbers but that's it. Playoffs are a different animal and we exposed him in the Super Bowl

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":3dyxiwvs said:
The Donkos will NOT win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning at quarterback. He is done. He will put up big numbers but that's it. Playoffs are a different animal and we exposed him in the Super Bowl

He was fine in the playoffs. Broncos had NO gameplan for Seattle's D. Can't blame Peyton for this one, Seattle showed up.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
He was average in the playoffs. The best offense ever averaged 18 pts a game during the playoffs. 20 pts below season avg

Ozzy

Reaction score
they avg. 18 in the playoffs because they didn't need to do anymore leading up the Super Bowl. I hate when people use this argument against Seattle's offense and I hate it when its used incorrectly elsewhere too. Look what Seattle's offense did in the Super Bowl when they opened it up a bit. Stats paint a big picture but not all of it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SonicHawk":76wvsski said:
Diezel Dawg":76wvsski said:

He was fine in the playoffs. Broncos had NO gameplan for Seattle's D. Can't blame Peyton for this one, Seattle showed up.

Peyton can't throw the ball deep like he used to do in Indy. That means the defenses can creep up the field ala the Matt Hasselbeck problem. I do agree that the o-line and the receiver thumping is definitely credit to Seattle's D, but Seattle could also play Kam in the box because of Peyton's arm strength. So that is a continuing issue for Peyton going forward and that is his problem.

ivotuk

Reaction score
No team that has ever "won in Free Agency" has ever won the Superbowl. Denver's "Dream Team" will be funny to watch.

Elway is making a huge mistake imaho, he doesn't need to boost his defense, he needs to improve his offensive line. They got exposed against Seattle's man coverage.

In a what if, what if Talib hadn't gotten injured in the AFCCG?

thebanjodude

Reaction score
I don't know about that. One could very well make the argument that we won Free Agency last year.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3mtd1my6 said:
Diezel Dawg":3mtd1my6 said:

As I pointed out in a different post: They came into the SB with the greatest offense of all time. And our D outscored them 9-8. Let's assume they had a vastly improved defense. We still get a couple FG's from the turnovers that didn't result in TD's and win it 15-8. Let's assume Harvin doesn't make it 22-8.
Can Denver, with a LOB type defense win that game?

No. Because Wilson doesn't make turnovers and Manning does.

Marvin49

Reaction score
thebanjodude":3e0s3qfe said:
I don't know about that. One could very well make the argument that we won Free Agency last year.

Beat me to it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1qvhsjx9 said:
Diezel Dawg":1qvhsjx9 said:

They also had no gameplan for the 12s showing up. I keep thinking something about 12 seconds for 2 somehow.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Rambitious

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":22kuhkag said:
He was average in the playoffs. The best offense ever averaged 18 pts a game during the playoffs. 20 pts below season avg

I'm not sure about the 'best offense ever' though. ;)

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Rambitious":fo4pkijt said:
Diezel Dawg":fo4pkijt said:

I'm not sure about the 'best offense ever' though. ;)
You didn't hear Welker claim it during the Super Bowl? LOL