Whitehurst gets 2 year deal!?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sometimes I just don't understand the NFL. I just heard the Titans signed Charlie Whitehurst to a 2 year deal for up to a max of $4 million. I certainly hope those figures are off. I just don't see how he's worth any more that T-Jack is.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
They must like the look of Jesus with a clipboard.

Chapow

Reaction score
He would be a stud if only he was given a fair shot at being a starting QB, according to Rat. :lol:

Throwdown

Reaction score
But they wouldn't even nibble a bit on the TJack nut?

Whisenhunt is gonna fail.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It's actually a 2-year deal worth up to $8 million, which is just.... LOL.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":v6dsdweh said:
It's actually a 2-year deal worth up to $8 million, which is just.... LOL.

Oh man I must have heard them say $4 million per year and just assumed he was overpriced at $4 million for the 2 year deal. That's ridiculous

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Kellen Clemens just signed with SD for 2 years/$3 million, which is a pretty reasonable back-up deal. And is it me, or is Clemens >>> Whitehurst? Not sure how Charlie keeps pulling this off.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2e0ls381 said:
Kellen Clemens just signed with SD for 2 years/$3 million, which is a pretty reasonable back-up deal. And is it me, or is Clemens >>> Whitehurst? Not sure how Charlie keeps pulling this off.

That flowing hair.

That beautiful, beautiful flowing hair....

Wait, where am I?

kigenzun

Reaction score
Clipboard Jesus just turned nothing into money... now that's miraculous.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They're hoping he can turn Titans into contenders...Water into wine.

Somebody tell 'em miracles aren't real.

drdiags

Reaction score
I finally figured out why the Titans were willing to pay Whitehurst so much. Whisenhunt was in the hunt for Charlie when the Seahawks traded for him. Both teams had a trade offer for him. Seahawks "won" that time but I guess Whisenhunt really likes him. This is the same guy who traded for Kolb. I guess Locker has some new competition. Seems close to starter money over the 2 yrs at first glance.

I am thinking though that the contract is back loaded and little chance of Whitehurst getting the full $8M.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
drdiags":3seuzeiw said:
I finally figured out why the Titans were willing to pay Whitehurst so much. Whisenhunt was in the hunt for Charlie when the Seahawks traded for him. Both teams had a trade offer for him. Seahawks "won" that time but I guess Whisenhunt really likes him. This is the same guy who traded for Kolb. I guess Locker has some new competition. Seems close to starter money over the 2 yrs at first glance.

I am thinking though that the contract is back loaded and little chance of Whitehurst getting the full $8M.

He also thought Skelton was a viable starter and signed off on drafting Ryan Lindley who was historically awful.

One might surmise that QB evaluation isn't Whisenhunt's strong suit.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":n497zvyp said:
Hasselbeck & Flynn are both free agents as well. I wonder who will be interested in them.

I thought Hass was signed through the upcoming season to back up luck?

randomation

Reaction score
Chapow":99mpj48n said:
He would be a stud if only he was given a fair shot at being a starting QB, according to Rat. :lol:

You forgot Stafford is flat out Elite and trading any of 15 or so qbs for RW would be an upgrade :p

davidonmi

Reaction score
randomation":xoaqszhn said:
Chapow":xoaqszhn said:

You forgot Stafford is flat out Elite and trading any of 15 or so qbs for RW would be an upgrade :p
it's not just that he thinks he's elite, he'd legitimately take him over drew brees. Unreal