Boo - Sounds like Hatcher to Skins

King Dog

Reaction score
ProFootballFans @ProFootballFans
Follow
Report: Redskins to sign DT Jason Hatcher, formerly of the Cowboys. #Defense #Skins
3:26 PM - 13 Mar 2014

ivotuk

Reaction score
"The Washington Redskins recovered with a Day 3 flurry in free agency, topped by swiping a defensive lineman from a division rival.

The Redskins have signed former Dallas defensive lineman Jason Hatcher, his agent tweeted and the team confirmed. The four-year contract is worth $27.5 million, according to sources"

Hahah screw you jerrah!

"With Jason Hatcher off to Washington, the Cowboys must act quickly before the market for potential replacements dries up, writes Todd Archer. "

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10603 ... as-cowboys

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Honestly I'm okay with Hatcher going somewhere else. I'm always leery of players who have a sudden spike of production in their contract years.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1n6f8ilq said:
Honestly I'm okay with Hatcher going somewhere else. I'm always leery of players who have a sudden spike of production in their contract years.

Like Michael Bennet?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He would have been a nice add but really another DT is not needed. Especially one that is long in the tooth.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1x1ivvde said:
I was just saying he had his best year in a contract year. His last witj Tampa.
Not even close. Gotta look at all the facts.

Michael Bennett in 2012 with Tampa Bay: 9 sacks, 14 QB hits, 48 hurries.

Michael Bennett in 2013 with Seattle: 8.5 sacks, 17 QB hits, 39 hurries.

Just glancing at that, you can legitimately say 2012 was slightly better than 2013 for him. Sure.

Now...

Michael Bennett's snaps in 2012: 985
Michael Bennett's snaps in 2013: 617

He played less than 2/3rds of the snaps with us as he did in Tampa Bay in 2012. He was WAY more effective on a per-snap basis with us than in his last season in Tampa Bay.

*By the way, this is why I'm a premium Pro Football Focus subscriber. The raw stats they have. Screw their grades, which are all over the place and can't be trusted; the $27/year is more than worth it for being able to grab information like this at a moment's notice.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":8c7uy2qu said:
RolandDeschain":8c7uy2qu said:
CALIHAWK1":8c7uy2qu said:
Like Michael Bennet?
He had marked improvement every single year of his career.

I was just saying he had his best year in a contract year. His last witj Tampa.
He actually was exactly the same in Tampa Bay. Thank your lucky stars we got to correct a huge mistake and he decided we ARE in fact Costco if you're a kool kid.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He is in fact the rarest of rare... a DE that can play inside or outside a literal matchup nightmare especially when combined with end rushers and a 3 tech with push like Melton.

godawg

Reaction score
Michael Bennett is a slower version of Tommie Harris, and we're lucky to have him.