A trip down Cleveland memory lane - RW3

Subzero717

Reaction score
Im glad Paul Allen didnt bring Holmgren back.

FWIW Holmgren looks like a fool for his Richardson rant. I think he looks just as foolish for his Hutch talk 8 years after the fact.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
That thread is just full of gold. Obviously he's too short, they already have Seneca Wallace...

I would rather have Jamarcus Russell then this turd.

Dude's so accurate though. What a waste of talent, if only the guy was 6'2

pass on Russel Wilson. Can we please be interested in QBs that actually have the size to play the position? Is it wrong that we should want to get a guy like Ben or Flacco?

No, he was not even that impressive at the college level and is very undersized.

Russell Wilson is just the same thing Troy Smith was. It's sad but true, both guys were GREAT college QB's and Troy even won the heisman while he was at OSU, but both guys are the same, it doesn't translate to the NFL.

and then a year later in Feb 2013...

why did i say lets draft him and turn into a RB

Boy was I wrong...I wish Troy Smith was in this year's draft instead.

If we had drafted Wilson, I'm almost 100% positive he wouldn't have worked out here anyway. Cleveland has a tendency to suck all of the potential out of young and promising players.

mikeak

Reaction score
My favorite: If we had drafted Wilson, I'm almost 100% positive he wouldn't have worked out here anyway. Cleveland has a tendency to suck all of the potential out of young and promising players.

OP
OP
Seahawks1983

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
mikeak":27kb2z4h said:
My favorite: If we had drafted Wilson, I'm almost 100% positive he wouldn't have worked out here anyway. Cleveland has a tendency to suck all of the potential out of young and promising players.

My favorite too. Absolutely hilarious.

2_0_6

Reaction score
This comment stood out to me...

Default Re: Should the Browns go for Russell Wilson?

I would rather have Jamarcus Russell then this turd.

Brahn

Reaction score
"I would rather have Jamarcus Russell then this turd. "

-Huber

kearly

Reaction score
To be fair, the draft forum here was pretty much of like mind back in January of 2012. I know JSeahawks wanted Wilson, as did a few others, but when I posted a lengthy argument about why we should target Wilson in round 4 because his height wouldn't be an issue and he could be a massive steal, the response I got was mostly "uh, no." That offseason heard a lot of dismissive comments towards Wilson around here, in particular there were a lot of comparisons to Seneca Wallace and Troy Smith. To stump for Wilson you had to go pretty far out on a limb and most people won't do that. Support was even harder to find at Fieldgulls where a lot of people pulled the sarcastic "he's a winner!" card.

Anyway, that was the prevailing wisdom of the day. But if not for the cynicism, I very much doubt Wilson would have made the 12th overall pick, much less the 75th.

OP
OP
Seahawks1983

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
kearly":4umjwc20 said:
To be fair, the draft forum here was pretty much of like mind back in January of 2012. I know JSeahawks wanted Wilson, as did a few others, but when I posted a lengthy argument about why we should target Wilson in round 4 because his height wouldn't be an issue and he could be a massive steal, the response I got was mostly "uh, no." That offseason heard a lot of dismissive comments towards Wilson around here, in particular there were a lot of comparisons to Seneca Wallace and Troy Smith. To stump for Wilson you had to go pretty far out on a limb and most people won't do that. Support was even harder to find at Fieldgulls where a lot of people pulled the sarcastic "he's a winner!" card.

Anyway, that was the prevailing wisdom of the day. But if not for the cynicism, I very much doubt Wilson would have made the 12th overall pick, much less the 75th.

Buzz Killington over here......

Just kidding. I know that sentiment was ripe across the league, just easy to make fun Browns about it now since they cut Weeden.

Latest posts