Alex Carrington, DE, Buffalo Bills

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Standing at 6-foot-5 and just over 300 pounds, Carrington presents very good quickness off the edge and the ability to disrupt the pocket as an interior rusher. A concern is that he's coming off of a quad injury that put him on injured reserve after just three games. He does not have big production in terms of sacks, but the scouting report says he can defeat opposing tackles with quickness. He fits in either a 3-4 as a DE or 3-tech in a 4-3. Could be a valued piece of the rotation at what should be a reasonable contract. A cheap one year deal with a 2nd year option or somthing like that? Six Seattle players have gotten paid Millions this offseason and their could be one or two more with Thurmond or Schofield still available. Players have got to recognize that the Seahawks depth players are getting paid good money after one good season with Seattle and have to want to get in on that trend right? So i expect lesser known players(T.McDaniel/C.McDonald) with unique ability to jump at the chance to play in Seattle and improve their status.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
I like Carrington a lot, and think he'd be a really nice, cost-friendly fit as a 5-tech on running downs (Red's role) and an extra interior rusher on passing downs (a la Bennett). That said, its looking more and more like he's going to the Steelers.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Yeah, I would like the Hawks to bring this guy in as well. They better move though because he's still talking to the Stealers.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":3bl2ra34 said:
Yeah, I would like the Hawks to bring this guy in as well. They better move though because he's still talking to the Stealers.
Well we'd best run if we're to STEAL him from the STEELERS. ;)

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I think unless they really are high on someone they will sit tight and see who may fallout after the draft or during camp.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Happypuppy":j19wa7ol said:
I think unless they really are high on someone they will sit tight and see who may fallout after the draft or during camp.

I agree... and isnt their usually a bevy of cap casualties after the draft as well (or am I wrong/overly hopeful in that?)

Largent80

Reaction score
I believe it is early June when clubs begin releasing/cutting more veteran players, mostly because of paying the drafted players and adjusting the cap room. We may be able to pick up some veteran help fairly cheap.