Charles Brown, OT, Formerly with Saints

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Charles Brown is a FA and I'm surprised that the Seahawks haven't looked at him yet. He fills a need vacated by the departure of Breno. He's from USC and played for Pete Carroll. He's relatively young at 26 years old. If nothing else he maybe a good insurance policy for Okung (since Russell is injury prone).

Subzero717

Reaction score
If you saw him last year in NO he was awful. However, he was the third LT on our board behind Trent and Russel. That was with Gibbs as OL coach though.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
New Orleans had him playing out of position at LT. He used to be a TE, but he has pretty slow foot speed. It would be better for him to play RT in a zone blocking system. If they can sign him at a good price, it's not a bad gamble. After getting benched at LT by New Orleans, his stock will never be any lower. A one year "prove it" deal and the opportunity to reunite with Carroll could appeal to him, at least as a way to mend his damaged reputation.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He came into USC as a tight end but was converted to OL early on. He might have played one or two games at RT but was at LT for essentially his entire college career. He was the starting LT between Sam Baker and Matt Kalil.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
This is the same Charles Brown that Sean Payton infamously benched in the middle of a game late last season, saying that he'd "seen enough."

No thanks.

kearly

Reaction score
He was never much of a run blocker, more of a polished finesse guy. He fit Gibbs, but I'm not sure he fits Cable.

ivotuk

Reaction score
No way! Have you seen him try to kick the ball on Peanuts? Dude falls for that trick every time! I say pass.

Boiler

Reaction score
Terrible as a kicker, but in fairness has only had one holder his whole career, and I don't think she had his best interests at stake.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I hate to admit this, but I will.

I remember Sam Baker as our LT at USC. I remember Matt Kalil. I couldn't remember Charles. I knew we had a player with that name who played for Pete, but I totally forgot he was a LT. And it's not that he was terrible in college. He played just fine. But for some unknown reason he didn't stick in my memory.

Subzero717

Reaction score
sc85sis":28ewggov said:
I hate to admit this, but I will.

I remember Sam Baker as our LT at USC. I remember Matt Kalil. I couldn't remember Charles. I knew we had a player with that name who played for Pete, but I totally forgot he was a LT. And it's not that he was terrible in college. He played just fine. But for some unknown reason he didn't stick in my memory.

Ironically Schneider couldn't remember his name either and he was the third LT on their board that year.

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawknation2014":x3dxuh9z said:
New Orleans had him playing out of position at LT. He used to be a TE, but he has pretty slow foot speed. It would be better for him to play RT in a zone blocking system. If they can sign him at a good price, it's not a bad gamble. After getting benched at LT by New Orleans, his stock will never be any lower. A one year "prove it" deal and the opportunity to reunite with Carroll could appeal to him, at least as a way to mend his damaged reputation.

Out of position? He played LT in college as a converted TE. Unless you think he should go back to TE?

sutz

Reaction score
Call LenDale White and ask him how much the "he played with Pete in college" line matters. ;)

razor150

Reaction score
I don't see how him sucking doesn't put him on our radar. Considering the guys we have he would fit right in.

Subzero717

Reaction score
razor150":2i61axer said:
I don't see how him sucking doesn't put him on our radar. Considering the guys we have he was would fit right in.

Thats a valid point in reference to the offensive line.