Great Rick Gosselin article about Jerry Jones ego.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Gosselin is one of the better draftniks out there. Don't have time to read this right now but I know it will be good.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Just goes to show what most of us think about crazy uncle Jerruh is spot on.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2sruk5b5 said:

Good read. Sounds like Jerry had the unquenchable ego you would expect from an oil tycoon.

You have to admit though, Jones was dead right about one thing. His infamous line. After making that statement he won a championship with Barry Switzer. There might have been 500 coaches in America who could have been better at running an NFL team than Switzer.

But had he swallowed his ego and just put up with Jimmy Johnson, a team capable of winning 1 SB with a terrible coach could have won more by keeping one of the best.

Reading that article, I thought of Harbaugh and Baalke. Warmed my heart.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kearly":258b3xri said:
Scottemojo":258b3xri said:

Good read. Sounds like Jerry had the unquenchable ego you would expect from an oil tycoon.

You have to admit though, Jones was dead right about one thing. His infamous line. After making that statement he won a championship with Barry Switzer. There might have been 500 coaches in America who could have been better at running an NFL team than Switzer.

But had he swallowed his ego and just put up with Jimmy Johnson, a team capable of winning 1 SB with a terrible coach could have won more by keeping one of the best.

Your last sentence crossed my mind as well. :th2thumbs:

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Ironic that Paul Allen contributes so much more in large part by attempting to do so much less.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jerry dun care... it's his toy, he bought it with his own money and he's going to play with it until it's broken beyond repair.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":34wl0rna said:
Yep, but he wanted to prove it was more him that Jimmuh. He was wrong.

kearly":34wl0rna said:
:0190l: :49ersmall:

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Good article. He talks about Jimmy's ego clashing with Jerry's but from that article you can't blame Jimmy for being pissed at Jerry's antics.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Troy Aikman said "we lost our edge after Jimmy left." The whole team got soft and didn't have the killer instinct to win a Superbowl. They had the talent to overwhelm other teams, they just didn't have the character to bring that talent to the forefront.

I imagine seeing Jerruh fire Jimmy Johnson probably pissed some players off, because most of them loved him, and some of them worshiped Jimmy.