Desean Jackson?

Hawknight

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... trade-talk

NFL.com
By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: March 18, 2014 at 11:59 a.m

You think Seattle would pull the trigger to make this happen? If it become a possibility for a trade that is.

"Early this month, reports began to surface suggesting the Philadelphia Eagles might be open to trading DeSean Jackson due in large part to a personality clash with coach Chip Kelly.

The Eagles have yet to address the rumors with Jackson's camp, leaving the star wide receiver in the dark."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Another one those guys I can't stand, but he's a pretty damn good player. I'm sure if he came here, I'd get over my hate quickly :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":d0amxrsc said:
Too expensive. Hawks already have plenty tied up in Percy and their skill sets are similar. Draft a tall WR.

I agree. I can't see Seattle giving up picks and big $$$ to WRs in back to back years.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Meh, Seattle doesn't need him.

Also...This guy seems like a pain in the ass (nothing Pete/John couldn't handle though), would rather avoid him entirely.

Marvin49

Reaction score
CANHawk":noh3bbml said:
Deshawn Jackson for a 3rd is highway robbery. I'd do it just to keep him out of SF. :p

I'm thinkin it won't happen with SF....looks like its a 12 mil cap charge this year. Would require restructure. Unlikely.

2_0_6

Reaction score
SF has too many upcoming contracts to add another high priced diva to the fold. I for one would love to see him go there, just so we could see Kam lay the wood to him.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
Intriguing report from @TheRealDGunnCSN on #Eagles listening on DeSean Jackson. Don't believe #49ers are interested tho. Not at that price.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2yn8i13r said:
SF has too many upcoming contracts to add another high priced diva to the fold. I for one would love to see him go there, just so we could see Kam lay the wood to him.

Well...here's the thing tho....

Crab is in the last year of his deal. Do they think they can resign him for less than Jackson is scheduled to make in the next 3 years? Its effectively 3 years 30 mil because he's already gotten the signing bonus and that counts against the Eagles Cap regardless. Even if they trade him and take on the dead money, the Eagles save 6 mil on the cap.

I honestly don't think it'll happen either, but it does make some sense.

drrew

Reaction score
If traded, his cap numbers the next three seasons are $10.5m, $9.75m, and $9.75m. Seahawks definitely can't fit that, and not many other contenders can either.

If it's just a 3rd round pick they're after, Oakland should do it. They need all the talent they can get and the cap means nothing to them right now.

kearly

Reaction score
We can't afford it, but it would be fun watching Harvin and Jackson on the field. You could put both of them on kickoffs too and make teams seriously consider kicking out of bounds if it's too windy for a touchback.

Marvin49

Reaction score
drrew":3m6hsvc1 said:
If traded, his cap numbers the next three seasons are $10.5m, $9.75m, and $9.75m. Seahawks definitely can't fit that, and not many other contenders can either.

If it's just a 3rd round pick they're after, Oakland should do it. They need all the talent they can get and the cap means nothing to them right now.

Right...you'd have to convert a large portion of the 1st years salary to a bonus to push the $$$ against the cap to future years when the cap is expanding.

The Eagles take on the prorated portion of his bonus that he's already been paid.

I'm not saying it'll happen here for the Niners or for the Seahawks...but its more plausible than you might think.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Obviously, we can't afford two $12-13 million receivers.

He is whiney poison, which makes him a perfect fit for the Niners.