Tate not happy with us

Anthony!

Reaction score
"I'm just appalled at the attitude I've received on Twitter from people I thought were Golden Tate fans," Tate said Tuesday on 710 ESPN Seattle. "People are starting to show their true colors. I think the world of the 12s [Seahawks fans], but there is a large group who very quickly turned on me. It kind of bothered me because I felt like I gave everything I possibly could to the city of Seattle."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10630 ... -laughable

-The Glove-

Reaction score
There has been a lot of people, such as myself, standing up for him on Twitter and other forms of social media as well. The ones tripping are the usual suspects: the unknowledgeable, the bandwagon, the emo, and the haters

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I've noticed that players are getting rankled by the .01% of fans who engage on twitter. If I were an athlete I would just NOT do twitter.

MVP53

Reaction score
Anthony!":5l4607c0 said:
"I'm just appalled at the attitude I've received on Twitter from people I thought were Golden Tate fans," Tate said Tuesday on 710 ESPN Seattle. "People are starting to show their true colors. I think the world of the 12s [Seahawks fans], but there is a large group who very quickly turned on me. It kind of bothered me because I felt like I gave everything I possibly could to the city of Seattle."

It's not a "large group" Golden.

Again, I just don't understand how this kind of thing is surprising to professional athletes.

Jville

Reaction score
Anthony!":2quf694q said:

You should read more carefully before you ''paint all of us'. I can't speak for you. But, I'm certain Golden Tate is not unhappy with me.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Yep. Can't see the upside of Twitter for athletes, unless they have a great sense of humour and very thick skin.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Any player worth his salt "gives everything they possibly can". He wanted to get paid. He got paid. Tate's a good player but he is still a bit immature. I hope he's happy in Detroit. He'll likely get more targets and yardage there, which will (hypothetically) give him the fame and adoration he so clearly desires.

MVP53

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1dfesk7m said:
I've noticed that players are getting rankled by the .01% of fans who engage on twitter. If I were an athlete I would just NOT do twitter.

Or just act like a freakin professional athlete and ignore the few idiots who are badgering you.

Jeez, does he go in the stands and argue with every fan who is pissed when he drops a pass too?

And .01% is generous. .001? .0001 maybe?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Boo Hoo!!!

He's a Lions player now, I don't care. It sounds like whining to me.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This is nothing, Golden.

A-Rod and Hutch think your amount of fans that have turned on you is "laughable".

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
That's why social media (esp twitter, and Facebook) sucks. Too many keyboard warriors living the good life out of moms basement when they are 32 years old.

davidonmi

Reaction score
this is exactly how it always works when a player moves team
Player signs with someone else
Player complains about the contract offer he got from his prior team
player gets attacked by the idiots/bandwagoners on twitter (every fanbase has them)
player whines about how his former fanbase isn't thankful for what he's done.
Tate is no different, then it'll be lather rinse repeat with the next guy

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Not that I blame him for taking significantly more money, but he kind of brought these reactions on himself by saying he'd take less money to stay, then leaving for more money. Its pretty simple, don't say things like that.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Between the apparently pretty low contract offer and the idiot 12's spewing vitriol at him for leaving I can't blame him for feeling unappreciated and hurt.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
There seems to be some discontent among the skills players about things that are said on twitter. Doug Baldwin going off about unappreciative tweeters. Richard Sherman engaging in constant twitter wars because he doesn't think he's getting enough respect. Now Tate complaining about the tweeters?

Do they not realize the internet is littered with off the cuff, moronic statements from mostly anonymous individuals?

I think Tate is just using this as an excuse to make a psychological break from his former allegiance to Seattle. It contrasts sharply with Clemons/Red's quiet dignity or Steve Smith's ode to his love for Carolina and its fans even after being cut.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think Baldwin & Sherman are just bored.

Tate needs to move on, you aren't a Hawk anymore, go be a Lion.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The people ripping him are misinformed and ignorant.

And Golden himself needs to stop reading Twitter for a bit.

End of story.

vonstout

Reaction score
He said he was willing to take less and I believe him. But apparently we offered about half of what he got from Detroit. I would have been glad too have him back, but not for the money he got.