Melton to Dallas per his twitter - Update: confirmed

TheWalrus

Reaction score
@HenMel: Thank you chicago for the best 5 years of my life!.... I can't wait to begin the next chapter of my life... With a star on my helmet.

davidonmi

Reaction score
it's his lifelong dream allegedly. I wonder what the numbers are, is this just another classic jerry contract he can't afford

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawks46":2b2g0zp6 said:
I honestly wonder how Dallas can afford him.
that's what I'm wondering. Usually when you mortgage your future you're trying to win it all. I see another 8-8 for these Girls

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Whatever, if he is a Cowgirl he just sentenced himself to more mediocrity.

Wanted him to be a Seahawks player but knew when he got to Dallas he was as good as gone.

OP
OP
T

TheWalrus

Reaction score
Nice signing bonus + minimal base salary = minimal cap space......it's the Jerry Jones way of bad cap management.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TheWalrus":1edtdtmu said:
Nice signing bonus + minimal base salary = minimal cap space......it's the Jerry Jones way of bad cap management.
that just extends the money to hit on future years right?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jerrah has been getting his rep kicked around pretty bad this year. After he said they still had a chance to re-sign Ware, when they didn't, he had to make up for it, his ego told him so.

Or Melton wanted to be a 'Boy so bad he signed for peanuts. Or a heavily backloaded deal, so that Jerrah can stay in cap hell til he goes to the real one.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Allen would give them more versatility on passing downs with him at LEO and Avril/Bennett attacking the left side. I just don't know if they can make the numbers work with a short term deal.

JKent82

Reaction score
twelthmanfan":w7yvuaem said:
At least he didn't go to the Rams as was being reported earlier today.

My feelings as well. And as stated above, one less competitor in the market for lineman, had to know Dallas would get one of them.

I guess if he grew up wanting to play for the cowboys and all good for him and hopefully he got paid. Not too many reasons to want to play for Dallas at this point.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
norcalhawk":i1agzwrd said:
@fishsports BREAKING: DT Henry Melton is agreeing to a multi-yr deal w #Cowboys
And there it is. Multi year. Watch the details, big bonus, low first year salary...