Thurnond overated

scakfan

Reaction score
and I am not disappointed at all that he has moved on for more pay. Welker made Walter Thurmond look absolutely pedestrian in the SB. At times Thurmond looked lost on the field and didn't know which direction to cut. Yes I know he is talented but all that time on IR and his suspension took a toll on his actual skill level.

chris98251

Reaction score
The point of this thread is bash Thurmond after the fact, Welker did what in the Super Bowl? How many receptions did he have, how many yds ? How many Touchdowns? How many First Downs? How many plays was he Thurmonds responsibilty when he made a catch?

Seafan

Reaction score
Thurnond? jk

WTIII has a lot of talent but put it together only a few times in Seattle. But at this point it's pointless to talk about it. Imagine the kind of contracts BB and Walt could have commanded if they hadn't smoked weed.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Why are we talking about a New York Giant? He will do good if he controls his issues and doesn't get injured. If so they will love him. Have a bit of faith for others.

chris98251

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1wwfbmhn said:
Why are we talking about a New York Giant? He will do good if he controls his issues and doesn't get injured. If so they will love him. Have a bit of faith for others.

Good point!

Sac

Reaction score
chris98251":1w2xdxvt said:
The point of this thread is bash Thurmond after the fact, Welker did what in the Super Bowl? How many receptions did he have, how many yds ? How many Touchdowns? How many First Downs? How many plays was he Thurmonds responsibilty when he made a catch?

This. Exactly. X2. The OP is INCORRECT.

Just because Therm isn't a Hawk anymore doesn't mean you should diminish what he did while he was here.

He took Winfield's job the season after he had an all time high rating with the Vikings.

Thurm was/is a stud.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I just rewatched the NFCC and the Super Bowl and Thurmond was our worst defensive back out there. He was the only guy getting beat regularly and was called for PI too.

I feel a lot better about the Hawks letting him walk, and I can see why they did after watching his performance in the playoffs. He's replaceable.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I have to agree with the OP. WTIII played poorly. I swear I thought i was watching Kelly Jennings out there sometimes the way he would allow the receiver to make a catch, then tackle him. If WTII would have played up to his potential, we probably would have shut out Denver.

It was scary sometimes in close games, or in the ones we lost, watching him out there getting beat like a drum. I am so glad that someone else signed him, but I'm sure that was Pete's plan all along anyway. He saw what Thurmond could do, on and off the field, and said 'no thanks.'

I wonder if his injury has caused him permanent problems, or if he just wasn't putting in the time to know the routes and be able to jump them. He was always trailing, always.

The cool thing though? We will be better at defensive back in 2014! BMax a full time starter, the Speed Demon (4.3) Jeremy Lane at nickel, Humble Thug filling in here and there, getting his reps, DeShawn Shead being on the squad full time, and then whoever else they pick up off the scrap heap.

Go Hawks!

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not going to miss Thurmond much. He missed so many games, and when he did play he was inconsistent. He had games where he looked as good as Richard Sherman and other games when he looked like our worst corner. I think that even if he had been a total stud all the time and never missed games, he's still be signed up by a different team right now. We just don't have the budget to pay big for four defensive backs. We might have gotten a shinier comp pick from him leaving though.

getnasty

Reaction score
If Russell Wilson left this team tomorrow people say he was trash. WT3 was a very good and versatile player for us, its a shame he so many injury problems early in his career.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
getnasty":r2ef3uta said:
If Russell Wilson left this team tomorrow people say he was trash. WT3 was a very good and versatile player for us, its a shame he so many injury problems early in his career.
true!!! Thurmond is good. Right now, were just rolling with better. Don't need to knock him down to build those guys up.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
All the talent in the world means nothing if you can't get on the field. Injuries kept him off the field his first three seasons, marijuana did it for him last year. I wish him nothing but the best of luck in New York, but I am glad he is no longer a Seahawk.

CANHawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":26gnmkop said:
Pick6":26gnmkop said:
I will miss that Ric Flair celebration.

Not after he gave a pep talk the 9ers. The Nature boy is dead to me.

And to a helluva lot of Panther fans too. Apparently he got a few death threats. Surprising a guy who is so connected to Charlotte would get all chummy with the 9'ers like that. Must've paid a lot to get him to come in...

mikeak

Reaction score
They re-sign then they are great players

They are cut - they sucked lets go on twitter and online forums and burn the stakes to the ground

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
mikeak":2urqjs4s said:

They are cut - they sucked lets go on twitter and online forums and burn the stakes to the ground
Exactly how it plays out unfortunately. I liked Thurmond and I thought he played the Nickel back position pretty well. I don't blame him for going after more money. I also don't blame Tate for leaving and saying how he felt about the Seahawks' offer. I wish both of them the best and I appreciate what they did for us when they were here.

mikeak

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":2fwv785l said:
mikeak":2fwv785l said:

Exactly how it plays out unfortunately. I liked Thurmond and I thought he played the Nickel back position pretty well. I don't blame him for going after more money. I also don't blame Tate for leaving and saying how he felt about the Seahawks' offer. I wish both of them the best and I appreciate what they did for us when they were here.

Agreed

Now if one of them gets cut / released and plays great for another team I see value in discussing that (Bennet for Tampa), if one of them goes somewhere else and plays bad and people wanted to keep him I see value in discussing that.

To make a bunch of comments like enjoy crappy Detroit etc etc I see no value in. It is his livelihood and it is our teams cap philosophy and constraints that makes these decision happen. Move on

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
47423443.jpg