Stealers will NOT lose a draft pick.....

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
over the whole Tomlin on the field illegally on Thanksgiving night situation. This was mentioned at the end of NFL Live on ESPN today. Wow, I'm shocked. Knock me over with a feather. Naturally douchebag Merrill Hoge said "justice was served". Really doucheboy? If that were the case your precious team would've been docked at least a 4th rounder for this.

Screw the Stealers and screw Roger Goddell

mikeak

Reaction score
I am ok with it. It was properly handled considering it was the "first time" - anybody doing anything like this in the future will get slammed

Yeah it was Pittsburgh and I would be fine if they had lost all their draft picks but if I put on the objective glasses........... then I am fine with this

kearly

Reaction score
Well, Tomlin was fined $100,000.

Goodell has been too much of a hardass during his tenure and he knows it, I interpret this as him scaling back to lessen his Putin-esque image.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rog won't ever come down on the "legacy teams" hard. Much like the Lane hit OB's during the SF game, I told everyone they'd get a slap on the wrist and that's what happened. He's doing his best to get Dallas and pissburg back into the postseason by expanding the playoffs. Rog has a severe fondness for the "old guard".

Rog has a double standard that many are not willing to admit.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kearly":1vbwf21y said:

Goodell has been too much of a hardass during his tenure and he knows it, I interpret this as him scaling back to lessen his Putin-esque image.
Hurts the coach, not the team.

ivotuk

Reaction score
But they will lose lots of games, because they never protected Ben and now he's old and brittle. Hahahaha I love any pain that pittsburgh feels.

I wonder how it would have gone down if Rapistberger were a QB somewhere else than Pittsburgh? It's sure coming down hard on Sharper.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ivotuk":21yf0ot9 said:
But they will lose lots of games, because they never protected Ben and now he's old and brittle.
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but we're in the midst of basically doing the same thing to DangeRuss if we don't fix our O-line's pass protection in short order.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ep1ujqj said:
Rog won't ever come down on the "legacy teams" hard. Much like the Lane hit OB's during the SF game, I told everyone they'd get a slap on the wrist and that's what happened. He's doing his best to get Dallas and pissburg back into the postseason by expanding the playoffs. Rog has a severe fondness for the "old guard".

Rog has a double standard that many are not willing to admit.
Agree with this 100%

RolandDeschain":3ep1ujqj said:
ivotuk":3ep1ujqj said:
But they will lose lots of games, because they never protected Ben and now he's old and brittle.
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but we're in the midst of basically doing the same thing to DangeRuss if we don't fix our O-line's pass protection in short order.
And unfortunately, this too.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":18ugdr7v said:
kearly":18ugdr7v said:

Well it was a single action by one guy, and he lost 100k. I don't see why the entire organization should be docked a pick. He should have been flagged and probably suspended a week, but I don't think a draft pick was necessary.

If it's not the Steelers, I don't think we care about it.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Doesnt matter. With or without all their picks, that team is slipping into the dumpster.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
There should be a special place in hell for Tomlinson! That move blatantly jeopardized a players safety and influenced the final score if not the outcome of the game. In my opinion a ban of some sort should have been handed down. A hundred grand is nothing. Especially pertinent since the league is up to its ears in player safety litigation. You would think they would have done something to nip this sort of stuff in the bud and earn a little public opinion credibility.

Oh and I hope hell has a seat reserved right next to him for Sean Payton!

rigelian

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1shgh573 said:
kearly":1shgh573 said:

Then it makes some sense then since it was the coach, not the team that stepped on the field. The main problem is that the officials didn't call it on the field.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2n83hyr0 said:
ivotuk":2n83hyr0 said:

The Steelers losing games hasn't had anything to do with Roethlisberger's protection the last few years. He's taken a lower percentage of sacks the last two years than he did back when the Steelers were winning 12 games a year. I know it's going to gall a lot of folks here, but he's been playing pretty solid football for years now.

Several of the losses that have resulted in the Steelers missing the playoffs for two years straight now are due to defensive breakdowns. Pittsburgh's D got old and they haven't adequately replaced the pieces they needed to replace. They started slipping a bit in 2012 and then fell all the way to middle of the league last season.

253hawk

Reaction score
mikeak":3m4mcqjz said:
I am ok with it. It was properly handled considering it was the "first time" - anybody doing anything like this in the future will get slammed

Yeah it was Pittsburgh and I would be fine if they had lost all their draft picks but if I put on the objective glasses........... then I am fine with this

Except it wasn't the first time. A Jets coach did it in 2010 and immediately afterward, the league sent every team a notice about where players and coaches are allowed to stand in relation to the sideline.

And in '97, Cowher damn near punched a player during a blocked FG return. Nothing ever came from that. F the Stealers.

[youtube]nklpVIXIK9Q[/youtube]