Carroll says Jared Allen deal still pending - ALLEN TO BEARS

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... ll-pending

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Monday that things are still pending on the possibility of signing free-agent defensive end Jared Allen.

“It’s a big business decision for him,” Carroll said in an interview on SiriusXM radio at the NFL owners meetings in Orlando. “We’re very restricted on what we can do. We have a lot of concerns and can’t move as swiftly as everyone would like. We have a lot of work to get done. We’re excited about extending and stuff like that.”

Carroll probably is referring to free safety Earl Thomas and cornerback Richard Sherman, both of whom would be free agents at the end of the 2014 if the team doesn’t work out contract extensions for them.

Thomas will count $5.5 million against the salary cap this year and Sherman will count $1.5 million. Both players probably are looking for deals worth more than $10 million per season.

The Seahawks are believed to have offered Allen a two-year deal at more $6 million per season.

dunceface

Reaction score
Well this IS an update...I'm glad Pete mentioned the extensions as a priority meaning they may be working on all 3 deals at once(Allen, Thomas, and Sherm)...BEAUTIFUL

HansGruber

Reaction score
$6 million per, and he's gotta think about it? No wonder the guy is unemployed.

General Manager

Reaction score
Six mill a year for two years and he hasn't signed what the hell. I'm not sure he's worth that kind of investment so at this point I really don't care if the deal falls through.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I still don't care, and d the longer he waits the less I care. We are the TEAM anyone should want to play for... sorry, I AM biased!!

nyc-seahawk

Reaction score
Hurry up Jared. Less money=superbowl. More money=cowboys=8-8. Make a decision.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HansGruber":22jpy7tz said:
This time you're spot on if that's true. I don't get why money would be such a huge priority to him at this point it makes me think other factors must be in play.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
$6 million a year represents an $11 million dollar annual pay-cut. I admit I have not closely followed the salaries of aging pro-bowlers joining new teams for a last hoorah- but when does this happen? I think players signing with more competitive teams for that kind of discount is wishful thinking at best.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Drop the offer to 5 million...The longer you wait the less you are worth..I don't think we need him that badly.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HansGruber":14naezp2 said:
This time you're spot on if that's true. I don't get why money would be such a huge priority to him at this point it makes me think other factors must be in play.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
IndyHawk":827m1qv4 said:
Drop the offer to 5 million...The longer you wait the less you are worth..I don't think we need him that badly.
I thought it WAS 5 million. This is the first time I heard it may be 6 million.

HansGruber

Reaction score
John Clayton was saying 6, but numbers never come out until deals are signed.

One thing's for sure, it's not about money. When you get to a certain point, it's about ego. I think Clayton ifs probably right about that. I wouldn't take a 50% pay cut in my prime. Or even past my prime. Nor would most of us.

But I'd rather have the cap rolled forward for Sherman, Thomas or Wilson

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1otupzhg said:
In this case? Please do already. Those extension talks should be the priority anyway.

Who is to say they're not?