R.I.P Ralph Wilson Buffalo Bills owner

drdiags

Reaction score
I hope Buffalo is able to keep the team in the estate planning done for Wilson's estate. This wasn't unexpected. Figured it would just be a matter of time.

R.I.P Ralph Wilson

NFL ‏@nfl · 3m
A very sad day for the NFL: @buffalobills owner Ralph Wilson has passed away at the age of 95: http://on.nfl.com/1m4glNU pic.twitter.com/OIiSl0qV57

I see Doug has written a piece on Wilson, so adding the link here

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/25/ralph-wilson-dead-at-95/

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Remember hearing about this when the NFLN did that AFL special a few years back. Helped guide the AFL during their early days.

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar · 4m
Best Ralph Wilson story: In the early 1960s, he loaned the Raiders $400,000 so they could stay solvent and the AFL could survive.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The last of the original 8 AFL owners. The AFL was awesome. RIP Ralph.

Got a bad feeling this is the beginning of the end for the team being located in upstate New York.

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
I know some of our fans didn't have a pleasant visit when they went to Buffalo a few years back, but still would hate to see a city that has such a long history with a team lose it because their champion passed away.

We will see how all this finishes up. Still, no matter what, I have a ton of respect for Ralph Wilson. I am sure the city is mourning his passing with a heavy heart and concerns about their beloved Bills floating in the back of their minds.

Largent80

Reaction score
RIP...History shows that money is more important than history, so I am thinking Buff. will lose the team.

Hell, after 75 years of operation Hollywood Park closed for racing because of greedy land owners thought we need more condos and shopping instead of an institution in racing.

Greenhell

Reaction score
RIP Mr. Wilson. Can you believe they went to 4 consecutive Super Bowls? It's too bad they couldn't have won at least one but I mean, who does that? 4 consecutive Super Bowls. Even for the 90s, making back to back Super Bowls is a feat in itself but 4? That alone, deserves respect.

Fingers crossed we're the team to be the first to three-peat Super Bowl wins.

Donk70

Reaction score
All the old guard are gone now. One of the classiest owners who ever graced Pro Football. His eloquence and grace will be missed.

Really feeling terrible for Bills fans. 1st Jim Kelly is fighting for his life and now losing Mr. Wilson. Just terrible. :(