"You don't rebuild with Tony Romo" -Jerry Jones

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1gdfm0j1 said:
RolandDeschain":1gdfm0j1 said:
Browns would win their division and be in the playoffs every year if they did.

I know. That's why I said it.
Then consider it merely an agreeing reply. You troll 99% of the time, sometimes the 1% can be hard to identify. ;)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jerrah is doing his level best to make sure Romo joins the Fouts and Marino club.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2vb1jl9t said:
Jerrah is doing his level best to make sure Romo joins the Fouts and Marino club.
If only he was half as good of a GM as he was at that, Romo would have a couple of rings already.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
LOL, I totally mis-understood the quote. My first thought was "wow, Romo getting slammed by his owner." After all, I sure would not use Tony Romo to rebuild with either.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Four playoff appearances for Romo. Five for Wilson. I'm not sure the 'never rebuild with Romo' plan is working.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wilson has won 4 times the number of playoff games that Romo has, and in only 2 years! I love busting arrogant cowboys fans balls with that fact. 8)
(Relax Ro,'I know it's a team game)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm relaxed, Sports; no worries. I just feel the need to chime in once in a while when people claim that Romo's not a good quarterback when in fact, (yes, fact) he is.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Romo is a damn good (regular season) QB. With help around him, I have no doubt he could win 80% of his games with regularity. But do I believe he is deserving of the choke rep? I sincerely do. He has proven time after time that he des not have the head for the post season. Just as I could see him winning 80% of his 16...I can see him going just 50% in the playoffs. If that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkWow, I think it's primarily just Peyton Manning Syndrome®. You face stiffer competition in the playoffs where the QB can't carry the team on his back as easily.

HawkWow

Reaction score
That's an excellent point, Ro..but the ridiculously dumb turnovers (and the fumbled snap against us) for the most part, seem to be consistent with Tony's head just not in the game. Manning has lost more post than he's won (barely) but it's infrequent that I feel the loss was because of him. With Romo (and again I think he is VERY good) you can almost feel it coming....and then it does.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
He has choked in the playoffs, no doubt about it. The Cowboys could definitely win a Super Bowl with Tony Romo is all I'm saying, and they don't need a 2000 Ravens or 2013 Seahawks defense to do it, either.