Desean Jackson Released

Seaswab

Reaction score
Retweeted by Adam Schefter
Philadelphia Eagles ‏@Eagles 6m
After careful consideration this offseason, Eagles decide to part ways with DeSean Jackson. The team informed him of his release today.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
He'd be great in KC if they can work it out... How is his relationship with Reid?

GCrow

Reaction score
Given the whole dark Hernandez incident, this will be interesting to see what happens.

marko358

Reaction score
The Raiders seem to have a ton of cap space. Wouldn't be surprised if he wound up there.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
marko358":1y5x7bft said:
The Raiders seem to have a ton of cap space. Wouldn't be surprised if he wound up there.
he'd probably enjoy being closer to his homies

Brahn

Reaction score
marko358":2s3pd2sq said:

If it really has to do with gang ties a team in cali or close to home could be a bad idea. Why put him closer to the issue?

marko358

Reaction score
Brahn":1l0iw00c said:
marko358":1l0iw00c said:

If it really has to do with gang ties a team in cali or close to home could be a bad idea. Why put him closer to the issue?

If he can't be trusted all the way over in Philly then where can he play? That's about as far away from California as you can get in the NFL.

OP
OP
S

Seaswab

Reaction score
I'd only do it for a low risk deal where you could whack him easily with no penalties.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I have to think we have the a strong enough locker room/support system to carry a guy like Jackson. With Pete's past and Sherman's I'd imagine Seattle being his best chance at rehabilitation (you know what I mean), hope we take a chance on him defenses would have no idea what to do against Harvin, Jackson, Baldwin, Lynch, Wilson.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":6u9n2z5p said:
I have to think we have the a strong enough locker room/support system to carry a guy like Jackson. With Pete's past and Sherman's I'd imagine Seattle being his best chance at rehabilitation (you know what I mean), hope we take a chance on him defenses would have no idea what to do against Harvin, Jackson, Baldwin, Lynch, Wilson.
there's a lot of California transplants in Seattle. If he still has his gang ties in Cali, surely he'd have gang ties in Washington

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I will never understand these stupid kids and their need to cling on to the "thug" lifestyle. Especially when they have the funds and the means to get away from it. I would guess that Jackson does not/did not have a father figure in his life. Yet, some kids do manage to do OK without that influence. I just don't get it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1k3yk8b0 said:
I will never understand these stupid kids and their need to cling on to the "thug" lifestyle. Especially when they have the funds and the means to get away from it. I would guess that Jackson does not/did not have a father figure in his life. Yet, some kids do manage to do OK without that influence. I just don't get it.
that's the thing. He was a stupid kid and got involved with them at a young age. Now he owes them.

Some kids were lucky enough to have tough, respected parents that kept them out of that lifestyle (Sherman).

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Eliot Shorr-Parks ‏@EliotShorrParks
Exclusive: DeSean Jackson's gang connections troubling to #Eagles
Exclusive: LAPD tells http://NJ.com they have linked two murders since 2010 to gang associates of DeSean Jackson #Eagles
Jackson was also pulled over in 2009 for tinted windows at LAX, and turned over a bag of weed to police. Charges were dropped. #Eagles
it isn't my job to judge if Jackson is a good guy. He does a ton of charity work. But the #Eagles have concerns

https://twitter.com/EliotShorrParks

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3to2tl4d said:

really? maybe read the article?

Since joining the Eagles in 2008, Jackson -- a three-time Pro Bowl player -- has been an active member of the Philadelphia community and has been involved in several charities. He has been particularly active in campaigning against youth bullying.

Lara, his former high school coach who now is head coach at Warren High School in Downey, Calif., said Jackson has been nothing but friendly when the wide receiver has visited Poly High during NFL bye weeks. Lara added that Jackson has even been willing to bring his anti-bullying message to Warren.

"As a player, he was a great kid for me," Lara said. "I didn't have any issues. I loved his leadership. He had a chip on his shoulder and, as a coach, you like to see that in a great athlete. He had something to prove.

"I was a little worried about him after his father passed. I know his mother tried to get involved [in his life], but I haven't seen any indication [Jackson is involved with gangs] outside of him starting up his rap label. Athletes like to portray a tough image with gangsters and whatever else. Maybe he's playing into that. That's a part of him that I never really saw."

Lots of presumption here. I doubt Jackson is some saint but some seem quick to label

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Uncle Si":fulwixp2 said:
Seahwkgal":fulwixp2 said:

Since joining the Eagles in 2008, Jackson -- a three-time Pro Bowl player -- has been an active member of the Philadelphia community and has been involved in several charities. He has been particularly active in campaigning against youth bullying.

Lara, his former high school coach who now is head coach at Warren High School in Downey, Calif., said Jackson has been nothing but friendly when the wide receiver has visited Poly High during NFL bye weeks. Lara added that Jackson has even been willing to bring his anti-bullying message to Warren.

"As a player, he was a great kid for me," Lara said. "I didn't have any issues. I loved his leadership. He had a chip on his shoulder and, as a coach, you like to see that in a great athlete. He had something to prove.

"I was a little worried about him after his father passed. I know his mother tried to get involved [in his life], but I haven't seen any indication [Jackson is involved with gangs] outside of him starting up his rap label. Athletes like to portray a tough image with gangsters and whatever else. Maybe he's playing into that. That's a part of him that I never really saw."

Lots of presumption here. I doubt Jackson is some saint but some seem quick to label

And some are quick to defend

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
skater18000":1qgv3sio said:
Does he get more or less that 10.5 M per year now?

Less. He's still a very good player, so it's quite telling that the Eagles would be willing to let him go. I'm sure teams have been notified longer then we have of these circumstances regarding his personal life, so I'm sure there's a something close to the ball park in mind in terms of market value. We'll just have to wait and see what he's goona fetch.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1tigk36k said:
Seahwkgal":1tigk36k said:

No one thought Aaron Hernandez was about to shoot someone execution style either.

Lots of red flags with this story. You don't just out and out cut a talent like this without many reasons to do so.

Pick6

Reaction score
A lot of professional athletes have ties with gangs, not every athlete has parents like Sherman.