Navarro Bowman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
His rehab is going well and even though he has made significant progress, he still may miss the entire season. I really think this might sink the Niners. I am in no way happy he is gone, I am just reporting the story. Our chances of repeating just got a whole lot better. I really hope that his recovery goes well given the gruesome nature of his injury.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2009 ... ire-season

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
It is a massive loss for them.

They are still a deep team with a chance to really catapult themselves even further with 6 of the first 100 picks in the upcoming draft

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":32ud1fio said:
His rehab is going well and even though he has made significant progress, he still may miss the entire season. I really think this might sink the Niners. I am in no way happy he is gone, I am just reporting the story. Our chances of repeating just got a whole lot better. I really hope that his recovery goes well given the gruesome nature of his injury.

That would suck.

That's the first I've heard of that though.

All the reports I've read so far say they expect sometime around midseason for his return and that's because they will be careful with him. That would be a 10 month recovery.

I don't think it would sink them though. That's wishful thinking. They still have a number of good players on Defense...including the other 3 LBs.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":1oejsxay said:
seahawk12thman":1oejsxay said:

That would suck.

All the reports I've read so far say they expect sometime around midseason for his return and that's because they will be careful with him. That would be a 10 month recovery.

I don't think it would sink them though. That's wishful thinking. They still have a number of good players on Defense...including the other 3 LBs.

I wouldn't worry too much at this point. There is a lot of time left. I don't think these sort of things get reported in a negative light like this so it is probably just speculation. Man that was a bad injury though.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Speculation is right.

Hopefully, he'll continue to make progress with his recovery; all the best to him. If Wagner or Wright was potentially out for the season, I know I'd feel the same way.

sutz

Reaction score
That was one of those injuries that it hurts just to watch.

Best wishes for the guy going forward. Probably take til next year to get back to 100% in any event, even if he does play this year.

Tough break for him and for the Niners. Not the way I want to beat them, at all.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully he can make a quick recovery.

Outside of that, no one really cares what those geezers in SC do.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Marvin49":3dcsyox3 said:
seahawk12thman":3dcsyox3 said:

That would suck.

Look at the starting age of your defense and make the compelling case that losing Bowman wouldn't crush your team. Eddie Debartalo has already said he is concerned about the Niners "getting old around him" (Colin Kaepernick). Now you lost who is arguably the best middle linebacker (2x pro bowl and 3 time all pro) in the league. Look at your best players around him and their ages and tell me how this isn't devastating. Wagner to me is up there with Bowman but it took him a couple years to come into his own, even if his replacement is a future star, he is going to take time to develop.

Laloosh

Reaction score
"I'm really excited about my new Spy vs Spy video game which will be coming out in late 2014."

Colin_Kaepernick_Discusses_Super_Bowl__and_More.jpg

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I sincerely hope Bowman recovers fully and is able to play as soon as possible. Never wish injury on another player that plays the game the right way (clean but hard). And not a chance the Whiners aren't good without him. I can't stand Hardouche or Krapperdink but it's a very talented team that will challenge us for the chance to go back to the Owl for sure.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":38a4bndi said:
Marvin49":38a4bndi said:
seahawk12thman":38a4bndi said:

That would suck.

Look at the starting age of your defense and make the compelling case that losing Bowman wouldn't crush your team. Eddie Debartalo has already said he is concerned about the Niners "getting old around him" (Colin Kaepernick). Now you lost who is arguably the best middle linebacker (2x pro bowl and 3 time all pro) in the league. Look at your best players around him and their ages and tell me how this isn't devastating. Wagner to me is up there with Bowman but it took him a couple years to come into his own, even if his replacement is a future star, he is going to take time to develop.

Keep telling yourself this if it makes you feel better about your chances next season. Yes no Bowman would be a bad thing but devastating no, our D is deeper than that.

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":12qaeyrq said:
Marvin49":12qaeyrq said:
seahawk12thman":12qaeyrq said:

That would suck.

OI.

OK, lets do that. Willis, Brooks, McDonald, Bethea and Dorsey are all under 30. Brock and Aldon are in their first few years in the league. Reid was a rookie last year.

The only defensive starter over 30 is Justin Smith. That's why they drafter Tank Carradine last year.

Nick Moody looked pretty good in preseason last year and Wilhoite played very well spelling Willis last year when he was out for a few games.

Bowman is a great player. Of that there is no doubt. he is not the only good player on the team though. To say that losing him would "crush your team" is pure hyperbole.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I hope the best for Bowman. The guy is a truly great player and I hope that he is able to ball exactly like he did prior. Outstanding player. Hated seeing him on the ground in pain.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1bfne0rv said:
Keep telling yourself this if it makes you feel better about your chances next season. Yes no Bowman would be a bad thing but devastating no, our D is deeper than that.

Why in the hell would Bowman have anything to do with the Seahawks chances next season? The guy is a great player, but he doesn't keep the Hawks from doing anything.

His availability only impacts the Niners. And for being such a young and upcoming group, with loads of young players, they sure have some key players at 30 or better, some knocking on the door.

Brooks
Boldin
VD
J Smith
Gore

All 30 or older. Heck, even PWilly is nearing 30.

Boldin, VD and Gore make up like 70 percent of the offense. We all know Cowboy is unmatched. Brooks? Whatever. The master of late hit and uncalled offsides penalties might lose a step, Wilson already embarrasses him frequently.

I think the Niners drop a notch without Bowman, they certainly lose that awesome tackling made from lateral pursuit. PWilly can't do it all.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I like Nvarro Bowman, who doesn't that's a fan of great football.

And he made a great football play stripping that ball from Kearse but his injury was kind of self-produced and definitely in the realm of 49er defensive logic of holding players up so a teammate can make a devastating hit. If Bowman just tackles Kearse normally, he's uninjured.

So its unfortunate he suffered that injury but I only feel a little sorry for him in retrospect.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":13uay375 said:
I like Nvarro Bowman, who doesn't that's a fan of great football.

And he made a great football play stripping that ball from Kearse but his injury was kind of self-produced and definitely in the realm of 49er defensive logic of holding players up so a teammate can make a devastating hit. If Bowman just tackles Kearse normally, he's uninjured.

So its unfortunate he suffered that injury but I only feel a little sorry for him in retrospect.

There is some accuracy to that. They do it all the time to Lynch and take a lot of late shots in the process.

You are right about Bowman though, awesome player, have to admire the guy. I was in the corner of the stadium when he went down. We got pretty mellow at that point because you just felt so bad for the guy.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Bowman is an absolute stud and it sucks that he has to potentially miss a season.

Grammar Police

Reaction score
He should be back mid-season,
I will say its refreshing reading stuff like this. I live in Oregon, mostly compromised of Hawk fans and for the past couple weeks I've had to listen to some hawk fans talk about how awesome it was they could deliver a blow like that to us.

I think he will be back week 5, stronger and faster than ever.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":25ye6bus said:
lvnginhwktwn":25ye6bus said:

Why in the hell would Bowman have anything to do with the Seahawks chances next season? The guy is a great player, but he doesn't keep the Hawks from doing anything.

His availability only impacts the Niners. And for being such a young and upcoming group, with loads of young players, they sure have some key players at 30 or better, some knocking on the door.

Brooks
Boldin
VD
J Smith
Gore

All 30 or older. Heck, even PWilly is nearing 30.

Boldin, VD and Gore make up like 70 percent of the offense. We all know Cowboy is unmatched. Brooks? Whatever. The master of late hit and uncalled offsides penalties might lose a step, Wilson already embarrasses him frequently.

I think the Niners drop a notch without Bowman, they certainly lose that awesome tackling made from lateral pursuit. PWilly can't do it all.

Just addressing the OP's original comment which included this " Our chances of repeating just got a whole lot better." Why don't you ask him.