Chris Culliver arrested...

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
The worst part is that we'd been hearing all offseason how he'd "turned a corner". He just got an award from and animal rights group for his work in the community. He was working with LGBT groups after the SB incident...

...and now he hits a dude on a bike, drives away, and then pulls out the brass knuckles when they chase him down.

Sigh. No defending that one.

drdiags

Reaction score
He is coming off an ACL, right? With all those mid-round picks, the 9ers should be in good shape for bringing in competition for his spot. I can see his lawyer pleading the charges down but that is just my thoughts, not sure how close to reality they will become. Good thing no one was killed. I could see the eyewitness and cyclist pursuing a civil matter against him if they choose.

Youth can lead to a lot of head-ramming experiences. I know well, my head still hurts decades later.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
drdiags":1ybng951 said:
He is coming off an ACL, right? With all those mid-round picks, the 9ers should be in good shape for bringing in competition for his spot. I can see his lawyer pleading the charges down but that is just my thoughts, not sure how close to reality they will become. Good thing no one was killed. I could see the eyewitness and cyclist pursuing a civil matter against him if they choose.

Youth can lead to a lot of head-ramming experiences. I know well, my head still hurts decades later.

If this was isolated, I'd kinda agree....but with the comments he made at the Super Bowl he was already on thin ice in SF. This certainly doesn't help matters.

The only time I've ever seen Jed York truly pissed off in public was after Culliver made those comments.

NorCal

Reaction score
They may cut him. We may get a signal from what they do in the draft.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2lkv8553 said:
Would they just cut him after June 1st?

Depending on the details....

....but they may not wait till June.

Jville

Reaction score
So ..... the 49ers can realize a $1,431,000 cap savings by releasing Chris Culliver.

JZ#1

Reaction score
I don't think they can afford to cut him. He was expected to start next to Brock next year. I would expect them to draft a corner to start next year in his place or at least compete with him.

kearly

Reaction score
Marvin49":2el436y4 said:
SacHawk2.0":2el436y4 said:

Seriously? Wow.

Good that they caught him. Good that justice will be served. Good that, for at least a short period of time, there will be one fewer outspoken homophobe in an NFL locker room. Good that the 49ers are even more miserable in the secondary than before.

Good.

JZ#1

Reaction score
10015076_10152373618000719_1652158916_n.jpg

He posted this on twitter this morning. Hours before the incident.

Sac

Reaction score
kearly":38foiln1 said:
Marvin49":38foiln1 said:
SacHawk2.0":38foiln1 said:

Seriously? Wow.

Good that they caught him. Good that justice will be served. Good that, for at least a short period of time, there will be one fewer outspoken homophobe in an NFL locker room. Good that the 49ers are even more miserable in the secondary than before.

Good.

Yes. Like I said. Good.

bryantology79

Reaction score
seems harmless compared to what aldon did. culliver will be in pads on kickoff sunday.