Bucs trade WR Mike Williams to Bills for 6th rounder

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Williams has had a run of bad headlines associated with his name over the last few months and it appears he’ll be heading home to Buffalo to see if he can put his career back on the right track.

James Walker of ESPN.com reports that the Bills have sent a sixth-round pick to the Buccaneers in exchange for Williams’ services. PFT has confirmed the trade pending Williams’ physical with the Bills.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ound-pick/

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Damn.. I would have loved to add Williams for a 6th. Oh well.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Reunited with his college coach, don't know if we could have convienced him to come here.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":s51duvh9 said:

Would you have loved to get Mike Williams for a 6th and his $8 million annual salary? Because that's what Buffalo just traded for.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
kearly":18vozx9j said:
Hasselbeck":18vozx9j said:

Would you have loved to get Mike Williams for a 6th and his $8 million annual salary? Because that's what Buffalo just traded for.

Ha! I would't trade for him but his contract isn't that bad. Only a 1.8 Cap hit this year, 6.8 cap hit next year with 5.2 dead money and then three more seasons with a cap hit around 7-8 million with zero dead money those years.

I like the pickup for the Bills quite a bit.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Dang, not a bad pick up for the Bills. Buffalo has probably one of the youngest and most talented receiving corps in the league now with Steve Johnson, Robert Woods, Mike Williams, and Marquise Goodwin.

chris98251

Reaction score
This may be a real lousy move by the Bucs towards Williams, Williams played for Morrone true, but quit on him after seven games from an article I read on PFT, we will see how this works out.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":oaph1a1j said:
Hasselbeck":oaph1a1j said:

I stand corrected. :mrgreen:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Odd .. NFL network (I think it was Albert Breer) sust reported that the Bucs are taking a serious look at Bridgewater. I thought Glennon aquited himself well last season?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2cvslx6e said:
Odd .. NFL network (I think it was Albert Breer) sust reported that the Bucs are taking a serious look at Bridgewater. I thought Glennon aquited himself well last season?

And they signed Josh McCown.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":33ct0iq9 said:
Dang, not a bad pick up for the Bills. Buffalo has probably one of the youngest and most talented receiving corps in the league now with Steve Johnson, Robert Woods, Mike Williams, and Marquise Goodwin.

I dont disagree with that but they really need a quarterback. Im sure the Bills have already given up on last years EJ Manuel.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
We don't want Williams....too much baggage. I can't believe that Marrone took him after his escapades at Syracuse.