Matt Flynn

BlueBlood

Reaction score
With as bad as some teams have it at QB Im amazed at how this guy cannot get a steady job. I know hes no longer a Seahawk but am I the only one rooting for this guy to get a real chance?

Oakland and Buffalo havent had decent quarterbacks in years and he couldnt even really get on the field. Then he goes back to Green Bay and wins a couple of big games icluding one in which he throws for 300 yards and 4 tds..

Whats the issue?

TruHammer07

Reaction score
Hes been given as much opportunity as any able QB can be expected. I'd guess hes just not capable,

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Get a real chance? How many real chances does the guy need?

His job here was his to lose, and he lost out in camp to a 3rd round draft pick. He then went to Oakland and was announced the starter before the season even began, and couldn't stay healthy nor productive enough..........and lost THAT job to a 3rd round Supplemental draft pick.

btw, I don't feel sorry for Flynn at all. Dude's barely played and has made almost $15,000,000 in two years. Now he's back to where he belongs, holding a clipboard.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Erratic play last season. The Pittsburgh and Detroit games were not good showings by Flynn while GB was fighting for a playoff spot. 10 sacks and three lost fumbles in those two games.

There doesn't appear to be much interest in him, except from GB. I would compare him to Tarvaris Jackson. He has play making ability, but is not the consistent presence you would want from a starter.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Not everyone is good enough to be a starting QB. I have no reason to dislike the guy, but he just isn't a great QB.

randomation

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3rmv4gdq said:

His job here was his to lose, and he lost out in camp to a 3rd round draft pick. He then went to Oakland and was announced the starter before the season even began, and couldn't stay healthy nor productive enough..........and lost THAT job to a 3rd round Supplemental draft pick.

btw, I don't feel sorry for Flynn at all. Dude's barely played and has made almost $15,000,000 in two years. Now he's back to where he belongs, holding a clipboard.

Lets be fair here RW is not a typical third round draft pick if not for height he would have been a high first rounder. Also yeah I would take 15 mil to sit on a bench for two years and be quite happy.

mikeak

Reaction score
Yes I just don't understand why team after team doesn't realize that he should be a starting qb in this league.........

:sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
randomation":2miku56d said:
Sgt. Largent":2miku56d said:

Lets be fair here RW is not a typical third round draft pick if not for height he would have been a high first rounder. Also yeah I would take 15 mil to sit on a bench for two years and be quite happy.

Thanks, you took the words out of my mouth.

So um, 341 pass attempts is a fair shot at starting? Hes completed over 60% of his passes, has 17 TDs to 10 ints and an 88 rating. There are plenty of teams in the league with absolutely horrific quarterback play and Im supposed to believe that Matt Flynn isnt worth a good look?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1737c4a6 said:
With as bad as some teams have it at QB Im amazed at how this guy cannot get a steady job. I know hes no longer a Seahawk but am I the only one rooting for this guy to get a real chance?

Oakland and Buffalo havent had decent quarterbacks in years and he couldnt even really get on the field. Then he goes back to Green Bay and wins a couple of big games icluding one in which he throws for 300 yards and 4 tds..

Whats the issue?
If Whitehurst can get a job Flynn can. It's all about the hair and their hot girlfriends.

dunceface

Reaction score
The sniveling he did when he left Seattle probably didn't help his case...probably not a major factor but it likely didn't help

That said I think he can and will start somewhere.......eventually

hawknation2014

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3ltlmm1y said:

So um, 341 pass attempts is a fair shot at starting? Hes completed over 60% of his passes, has 17 TDs to 10 ints and an 88 rating. There are plenty of teams in the league with absolutely horrific quarterback play and Im supposed to believe that Matt Flynn isnt worth a good look?

It's his consistently inconsistent play that troubles teams. He's capable of great play, i.e. the 2011 season finale for GB that briefly catapulted him into FA acclaim. And he has had some putrid games.

Just like Tarvaris Jackson, his best bet is to sign as a long-term backup with the team he is most comfortable with.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
mikeak":2zpaghgb said:
Yes I just don't understand why team after team doesn't realize that he should be a starting qb in this league.........

I didnt say team after team but Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Oakland, Jacksonville, Houston, St Louis and Buffalo are nowhere near close at quarterback and Matt Flynn in limited time has shown competency.

Guys like Joe Flacco ride their defense and get 9 trillion dollars a year to throw 19 tds and 22 ints and Matt Flynn is 1 year away from being an amway distributer.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2fk5r8ck said:
mikeak":2fk5r8ck said:

I didnt say team after team but Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Oakland, Jacksonville, Houston, St Louis and Buffalo are nowhere near close at quarterback and Matt Flynn in limited time has shown competency.

Guys like Joe Flacco ride their defense and get 9 trillion dollars a year to throw 19 tds and 22 ints and Matt Flynn is 1 year away from being an amway distributer.
Life is not fair don't ya know? Not that he cares...multimillionaire for doing NOTHING and has the girl? PLUEEEZE.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1nnw22s8 said:
BlueBlood":1nnw22s8 said:

It's his consistently inconsistent play that troubles teams.

He has consistently played at any point in his career. He may have some off games but they arent even that bad. Very few quarterbacks on the teams I mentioned above can say their guy is capable of playing at the level Flynns had in limited time.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
There are only 32 available starting NFL QB jobs. He's just not good enough to claim one of them. nothing personal.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
BlueBlood":15wc3z7i said:
Well, I know Rams fans would disagree with that.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
BlueTalon":22alciyp said:
BlueBlood":22alciyp said:
Well, I know Rams fans would disagree with that.

Really? Based on what? Bradford is hurt every year and hasnt been good in any regard.

mikeak

Reaction score
I do find it funny when people think that them watching a player a few times in TV makes them better at judging the skillsets of a player than people that do this for a living

Are you right sometimes on college players - sure. Are you right sometimes in play calling in a game - sure

Are you right on players that the team worked out and that had time in the field - most likely not

Matt Flynn was beat out in OAKLAND. Do you think that is because someone didn't like how he dressed or because when it actually matters he just isn't very good?

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
mikeak":2fhlz4hl said:
I do find it funny when people think that them watching a player a few times in TV makes them better at judging the skillsets of a player than people that do this for a living

Are you right sometimes on college players - sure. Are you right sometimes in play calling in a game - sure

Are you right on players that the team worked out and that had time in the field - most likely not

Matt Flynn was beat out in OAKLAND. Do you think that is because someone didn't like how he dressed or because when it actually matters he just isn't very good?

I think it had to do with them having a brutally ineffective offensive line and going with the more mobile quarterback. Im not saying Im a better judge of anything. Just that his game play "appears" to be better than some starters in the league.

Latest posts