Want to cure these late and illegal hits???

The Radish

Reaction score
Make the player that does the hitting be out the same length of time the injured player is.

:roll:

lucky49

Reaction score
wouldnt kam have had to sit out for like the whole game against us a year ago lol when he hit VD (even though imo the hit probably shouldnt have been flagged)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ive thought that for awhile now Les. As to Lucky's point it would have to be forced after the game by league review. The league said that Kamtrak's hit on VD was legal, the zebras blew the call on the field.

Problem is the league blew the ruling when Golden Tate decleated Sean Lee of Dallas on a perfectly legal hit. Crazy uncle Jerry cried enough to Rog and Tate was fined. So "politics" would probably be the downfall of such plan.

lucky49

Reaction score
BHF":192iv4ho said:
Probably? Name one illegal thing about that hit.

i just find it funny that you're actually mad about how i worded that, and no, im not going to defend my use of the word probably

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I take the probably as acknowledging violent hits draw flags and even though legal, that hit was as violant as they come. At least the league acted correctly in clearing Jam. Definitely not how they handled Rates hit on Lee that was legal and if not for Lee's head dipping forward and down the helmets never make any contact at all. Maybe they should have fined Lee for the helmet to helmet since it was his helmet that caused the impact. Lol.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
lucky49":yrwflrvk said:
BHF":yrwflrvk said:

i just find it funny that you're actually mad about how i worded that, and no, im not going to defend my use of the word probably

Well the word "probably" stuck out for me too. Just because someone comments on it, doesn't mean they are mad.

That was a text book tackle. 100% clean. Head up, didn't launch, and shoulder to chest.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
lucky49":1hwzoac5 said:
BHF":1hwzoac5 said:

You should defend how terrible the grammar was in that post...wow.

I've always kind of had this thought in my head, but there is simply too much grey area for refs to take into consideration. Refs can barely do the job they have, I think he would be problematic if you allow them to make even more judgment calls. Imagine if a player gets taken down hard by a good clean hit, fakes an injury, and now the defender has to come out too? No thanks. Especially if the player getting taken out is nothing more than an average at best player and the defender is Pro bowl caliber. This rule could be taken advantage of if the opportunity strikes.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Radish":3u9dy4b6 said:
Make the player that does the hitting be out the same length of time the injured player is.

:roll:
Keep that lame crap in the NCAA. Seriously nothing good will come from it. You could have some non important player benched for 15 games while you watch Chancellor sitting on the bench for 15 games for what's likely a legal hit anyway. This is not even factoring in the politics that the Cowboys, Packers, Pittsburgh, San Francisco among others would be pulling. Not a good idea.

JMR

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":31rxv4ka said:
Make them play without facemasks. That will stop all the "leading with the head" type hits.
You're on track. The more protective gear you put on the players, the more invincible they will feel and the more aggressive and vicious they will play. I haven't heard of a big concussion problem in Rugby. Want to make the NFL less violent? Take some pads off.

skater18000

Reaction score
If a player is flagged for an hit of another player to the head, he should have to sit out until that player is cleared from his concussion. Head injuries are serious. I'm obviously biased in saying this because we don't get flagged for illegal hits to the head very often. So it wouldn't really affect us much.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
lucky49":1fl3502t said:
wouldnt kam have had to sit out for like the whole game against us a year ago lol when he hit VD (even though imo the hit probably shouldnt have been flagged)
It wasn't illegal which is why he wasn't fined for the hit later.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Hell, let's get rid of the helmets.

What player is going to lead with the crown of his head?