Peyton Manning ready for 2014

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
..or "spanked" - spanked is a good word for what happened to Peyton and Co. in SB48

dunceface

Reaction score
Demoralized?
Demolished?
Destroyed?
Disparaged?
Dishesrtened?
Belittled?
Berated?
Beleaguered?
Bashed?
Buried?
Boinked?

Throwdown

Reaction score
I can't think of a word for it either, but I can describe it.

It was like an elbow drop from the top rope onto their throat, picking them up and then powerbombing them until we were tired of doing it, and when we set them down, we proceeded to kick them in the face until the bell rang.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Manning might be ready for 2014, but I doubt he finishes the year. He doesn't just get to play us, he plays our entire division. I honestly think Arizona has a better pass rush than we do.

Polaris

Reaction score
Peyton Manning: The word you are looking for is "punked". You and your offense were.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Rape Rally
Mugging

Denver sports radio called it a "bare bottom spanking".

wrenches59864

Reaction score
Throwdown":2mmw1rh3 said:
I can't think of a word for it either, but I can describe it.

It was like an elbow drop from the top rope onto their throat, picking them up and then powerbombing them until we were tired of doing it, and when we set them down, we proceeded to kick them in the face until the bell rang.
AND then walk off with their woman..... :moon.:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SO, Manning and Gase may have violated offseason league rules by together meeting with Nick Saban for some instruction.

Don't really care. Smart of them really, Saban will have some insights into the amount of press cover the Broncos will face this year, seeing as the Tide run press most of the time, including plenty of the cover 3 Seattle uses. I'm not going to say the Hawks got into Manning's head, but clearly he thinks it is important to be better prepared to face our style of D.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Seattle is literally the only team in the league that can get away with their scheme and truly be effective. It takes the combined talent and system for it to work as it does for the Hawks. Manning just had the worst possible matchup he could when the Super Bowl teams were presented. Denver felt that they could advance the ball as they normally did and take control of the clock, while putting the irons to Lynch and pretend that Wilson wasn't as good as he is. It was the single worst matchup the Donks could have drawn and it showed badly. Any other team, even the Niners would have been better because of the secondary skills. I still think SF beats Denver (not having Bowman would have presented an issue though) but just not as badly. The Donks were good enough offensively to beat most teams by a big margin, they just didn't realize what they were getting into until it was too late. I'm not so sure it would have mattered, nor am I sure that it will make a difference later.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
While I'm sure broncos fans are excited that he's ready for a year already through its first quarter surely they would have liked him to be ready for February 2014, which he clearly was not.