The Highlight Thread

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Alright guys, had an interesting idea. We're all deep in the off-season's cruel clutches and missing football, so I though we could try get a thread going full of sweet highlights from the previous season. Its just about appreciating great football; the best game in the world being played at the highest level. I enjoy watching any Football (nearly) as much as just watching the Hawks, so thought I'd see if we could get something started.

And to keep it interesting, no Hawks players allowed, I stuck it in the NFL Nation so we can enjoy great players league-wide, not just our own sons of the C Link ;)

I'll start with some highlights of one of my favourite players, LeSean McCoy

[youtube]FG0FZLDQBXw[/youtube]

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Can we put a ban on Seahawks highlights in this thread? Man, that sounds bad to say or type, but I mean we have that in the main forum, I just think this NFL Nation one would be more intriguing if we tried to focus on players who are not Seahawks.

OP
OP
HawksSoc

HawksSoc

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":cgks7wib said:
Can we put a ban on Seahawks highlights in this thread? Man, that sounds bad to say or type, but I mean we have that in the main forum, I just think this NFL Nation one would be more intriguing if we tried to focus on players who are not Seahawks.

I actually was thinking something similar, that's why I put it in the NFL Nation Forum. I'll change the OP. Its always good to appreciate great players league wide.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":3kuregtt said:
I suck at technology ... How do you embed youtube videos?
Take the "code" part in the address bar of the YouTube video, which is the string of letters and numbers (about a dozen characters long) after the equals sign, and simply put it between youtube tags, so this YouTube video:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOJudY39V0g

Would look like this:

Code:
[youtube]ZOJudY39V0g[/youtube]

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3jvyqhbu said:
Ziggyy108":3jvyqhbu said:
I suck at technology ... How do you embed youtube videos?
Take the "code" part in the address bar of the YouTube video, which is the string of letters and numbers (about a dozen characters long) after the equals sign, and simply put it between youtube tags, so this YouTube video:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOJudY39V0g

Would look like this:

Code:
[youtube]ZOJudY39V0g[/youtube]

Thats awesome. Much much much appreciated!!

OP
OP
HawksSoc

HawksSoc

Reaction score
SeatownJay":268k0ofv said:
The one, the only, Barry Sanders.

[youtube]6x1dmJAZYTY[/youtube]

That was sick. Some of those spin moves were awesome.

Here's a young player who broke out in a big way this year.

[youtube]DKc9Jx1cU7o[/youtube]

And here's another young stud pass catcher.

[youtube]Oj7AM7vGPqc[/youtube]
Did anyone else steal their fantasy game that week because of the first catch in this vid? lol.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Highlights of the greatest football player to ever lace up the cleats (sit back down Jerry Rice, it ain't you) set to the music of White Zombie. Only RB to ever average over 100 yds per game and one of only 2 to average over 5 yds per carry (Barry Sanders) and his 5.2 is number one all-time (Sanders 5.0). Oh, and he never missed a single game despite being the focus of every defense he played against, despite having very average QBs behind center for those Browns teams and despite playing at a time when the game was much more violent.

[youtube]b6cCXNBeVfc[/youtube]

OP
OP
HawksSoc

HawksSoc

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":y9uxn31a said:
Highlights of the greatest football player to ever lace up the cleats (sit back down Jerry Rice, it ain't you) set to the music of White Zombie. Only RB to ever average over 100 yds per game and one of only 2 to average over 5 yds per carry (Barry Sanders) and his 5.2 is number one all-time (Sanders 5.0). Oh, and he never missed a single game despite being the focus of every defense he played against, despite having very average QBs behind center for those Browns teams and despite playing at a time when the game was much more violent.

[youtube]b6cCXNBeVfc[/youtube]

That was sweet man, thanks for sharing, I hadn't got to see alot of Jim Brown before, only knew the name and the reputation. He reminds me of Adrian Peterson and Beast in that one player is never enough to bring him down.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The only RB I've seen since Brown who had such an incredible combination of speed AND power was Bo. Had he dedicated himself only to football and stayed healthy I think he's right in the conversation as best football player ever. He preferred baseball and that's cool cuz it was his life. But still.....

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Here's some highlights of the great Larry Brown, one of those forgotten greats who deserves to be in the HOF. He was the first player I idolized as a boy. That 73 Skins team was my favorite nonSeahawks team of all time.

[youtube]KbP6aBXmuEU[/youtube]

sc85sis

Reaction score
He will always be my favorite player of all time. He had amazing balance and vision, his toughness is legendary, and he could run, block, catch, pass and punt. He also was known for his work off the field.

Miss you, Walter. Your style of running around, over and through guys wasn't actually very sweet, but watching you surely was.

[youtube]-W8T7Dn5Aqw[/youtube]

Happy

Reaction score
We gotta keep going with the power backs.

Earl Campbell was the man. My favorite RB of all time.

[youtube]Ui844C3TQVI[/youtube]

Edit: if you don't want to sit through the whole thing, skip to 2:45. That run is so freaking epic!

uncle fester

Reaction score
Gale Sayers. 6 seasons, Hall Of Fame.

22 TDs as a rookie in 1965, including 6 in one game.

[youtube]mzo-enTMdzc[/youtube]

OP
OP
HawksSoc

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Wow, that Manziel run at .45 or so. Electric player. Can't wait to see where he'll end up. Perhaps Cleveland? The Factory of Sadness needs a face for its franchise.

Happy

Reaction score
Deacon Jones, the secretary of defense. Had the evil head slap.

[youtube]xTPuBCm4PTg[/youtube]