Walter Thurmond: I'm the best slot corner in league

Jville

Reaction score
I'm the best slot corner in league - Walter Thurmond
After taking an informal poll among the other Around The League writers, Thurmond might be right. Other contenders for the title include Tyrann Mathieu (Cardinals), Brandon Boykin (Eagles), Chris Harris (Broncos) and Captain Munnerlyn (Vikings). Giants general manager Jerry Reese deserves a congratulatory pat on the back for landing Thurmond on a one-year, $3 million contract.
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000342911/article/walter-thurmond-im-the-best-slot-corner-in-league[/urltargetblank]

JZ#1

Reaction score
In order to be the best, don't you have to stay on the field? And lets see how he does without the LOB behind him.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I thought Thurmond did a great job whenever he played. He was good enough to start in season 2 before he was hurt and Sherman took over.

He wasn't the impact guy like Browner and Sherman, he was right there though. He is taking a page from the Sherman book and getting some coverage and people talking about him. He just doesn't have the stats yet to back it

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Walt need to put down the bong. Giants secondary the best in the league? :laugh:

OrFan

Reaction score
Thurman was a decent corner for us. I would rank him as our 4th best corner last year behind Sherman, Browner and Maxwell. Considering he was only our 4th best, where would that put him overall in the NFL? Not just slot, but overall.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He should concentrate on getting through a season without getting injured or suspended before proclaiming he's the best at anything.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I won't say anything bad about T3. I thought he was phenomenal in the slot and from what I saw (which was a lot of Seahawks games and not a lot of anyone else) I agree with his claim. Love the bravado. I think he's still on drugs with his claim that the NY Lady Parts have the best secondary though. They've got some good parts and lots of potential, but him and Amukamara will both actually need to stay on the field for a full season to have a chance at being the best...

I wish him well though. always liked Walter.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
When you play along side the best it makes you look good. He'll get burned plenty in NY.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
He probably is the best slot guy in the game but that doesn't change his injury history or his ignorance to get busted multiple times for substance abuse to the tune that one more time nets him a full year suspension.

I do think he was kind of made an example of here though. I think Pete is done with the idiots that can't stay clean. They made no attempt whatsoever to resign him or Browner and both could still contribute if they are on the field and those contracts if on the field for a full season are steals. But good riddance to bad rubbish. Hopefully their departures send a strong message through the locker room.

KK84

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":304y12dn said:
Brandon Boykin and Patrick Chung clowning on Thurmond on Twitter is hilarious.

Patrick Chung doesn't have room to clown on anyone. Truly awful player.