Hilarious 49er post "robbed glory" and "pain of this era"

Tokadub

Reaction score
This post makes me giggle I hope someone would like to join in their conversation about how much pain this era has brought them and tell them about their chances regarding "the hope of tomorrow and of that elusive sixth championship."

In my opinion the 49ers will begin to rapidly decline in 2014, many of their key players are old now, Bowman is injured, and Kaepernick is a proven failure in important games. I think last year was their best chance to win it all one last time...

It is now time for the Hawks in NFC, I really like our chances to lock down the NFC this season. I think we'll do it even easier than last season and retain our home field advantage once again... Looking at our schedule I think 14-2 is possible if everyone stays healthy.

Funny to read something like this about how desperate they are to win again... they haven't won it all since the salary cap era right???...

Here's a quote from their OP in this post:

"I am not saying to stop caring; though, I bet we have all had that moment, arrest, stupid decision, horrid loss, that has shaken our faith to the point of ostracizing ourselves from the team. That honestly says a great deal more about ourselves than it does about the organization's woes. The sad truth, we are, in some ways, masochistic. Some of us break down plays, over and over, to seek the truth behind the defeat. As if we must know it. We cannot exist without it. It is so damn important we spend time, long periods to be certain, over it. We will justify criminal action and do out of poorly constructed rationale of personal rights of the accused. Even when it is clear that some wrong has been committed. For we, the court of public opinion, are the judge, jury, and executioner here. Not the NFL, not society, not anybody else. Others convince themselves this is some sort of ruse or insidious game that the world is playing against the 49ers. Whatever the cause, it robbed us of the glory of another championship, and instead caused us pain.

The truth, as far as I can see it, no one championship, no ten championships will make up for the pain of this era. We have gotten so damn close that it is beyond frustrating. We may never in our lifetimes get back to where we are right now. There is, however, the hope of tomorrow and of that elusive sixth championship. "the Quest for Six" is a catchy ad-driven idea. How about, though, we strive for the next. Or better yet, in our era, "the one ring that will rule them all". That is, at least, until we go after the next one."

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... T2OTxqx.99

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LOL. Pretty sure 10 championships would make up for a little pain.

NorCal

Reaction score
Hey look, another annual prediction of the rapid decline of the Niners.

Oh, and Webzone...nuff said

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NorCal":2x9v4acy said:

But it did make me giggle. You might let the season start and maybe play 4-6 games before you lose all hope.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I still honestly believe that the SF/SEA thing will be a deal for a while just because of the nature of each team.

In the case of both teams, any drop off in defensive strength can be be countered by improving their respective offenses. I do think that SF has a higher likelihood of defensive drop off in 2014 because of Bowman's injury, the age of some players and some early adjustment to their secondary. As fun as it is to rip on Kaeperchoke, he and Wilson are both very young and have had big opportunities to learn from experience.

I'm not saying that it is guaranteed for the Niners, but CK can improve if he adopts more touch to his passing and improves decision making.

That said, I would be fully entertained by the drop off the Niners could experience. The bottom line is that there is no way I can honestly picture the Hawks going through a period where they can't beat the Niners in Seattle. In fact IMHO it is more likely that SEA gets a win in SF than it is the other way around.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
NorCal":2833y6cj said:

Is that anything like the annual predictions of Seattle failure that have never stopped taking place since 2003?

Heh.. Webzone. Yeah. You are right.

JZ#1

Reaction score
So many people predicted the downfall of the 49ers last year with the loss of Crabtree and they still won what 12 games. We need to realize that they are probably here to stay just like us and stop with all the wishful thinking.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
JZ#1":28sxaqse said:
So many people predicted the downfall of the 49ers last year with the loss of Crabtree and they still won what 12 games. We need to realize that they are probably here to stay just like us and stop with all the wishful thinking.
Don't look at me to say something that silly. They may fall off a bit because of Bowman but I see them as a solid 10-12 win team for years to come. I mean as much as I trash Keapernick the guy is young and is nowhere near his ceiling so they are here to annoy us for a long time coming.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
NorCal":2v31em00 said:

Kaepernick showed drastic improvement in the NFCCG. Both other times in Seattle he was like a deer in the headlights. But that improvement still didn't prevent his crucial turnovers in the clutch.

Gore is old. Last year he began to seriously decline. His replacement is not his clone. That right there makes the Niners window smaller than it has been in years.

The defense, which was already aging, is one year older. A. Smith? Bowman? This is a defense that is not as good as it was in the past, but still elite. So again, that window is smaller for that alone.

The Niners are an elite team, but they've got their best years behind them and the window IS closing. Fortunately for them, this season they have the easiest schedule in the division and their road schedule is not as tough as the other teams. That alone could vault them into the division title. Whether they can ride that into a SB, let alone a ring, will have to be seen.

Sherminator

Reaction score
I would rather have aging players with a deep roster, than a lot of young superstars with upcoming salary cap issues.
To sit here and claim the niners are declining because of age is somewhat true.
You mean to tell me the hawks will be able to sign Sherman, Wilson, Thomas, Wagner, Wright, and still keep their depth?

Truth is we won't be able to tell until the season starts, I think the niners are going to surprise a lot of you. Especially with the amount of draft picks for them in this years draft.
The only two players I can think of whom this thread is referring to would be Gore and J. Smith...
That's it right?

edited for language attacking posters

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JZ#1":30sym2qu said:
Hmmm, trolldar going off. Seen lots of posts from above poster with over usage of "we" and "us"....

Sherminator

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":nhni7tvs said:
JZ#1":nhni7tvs said:
Hmmm, trolldar going off. Seen lots of posts from above poster with over usage of "we" and "us"....

You think I'm JZ#1?

Lol

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sherminator":1uc37ka2 said:
Sports Hernia":1uc37ka2 said:
JZ#1":1uc37ka2 said:

You think I'm JZ#1?

Lol
No, I think you might root for the same team though.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3e17dkkm said:
Sherminator":3e17dkkm said:
Sports Hernia":3e17dkkm said:
JZ#1":3e17dkkm said:

You think I'm JZ#1?

Lol
No, I think you might root for the same team though.
^^^ :13:

Sherminator

Reaction score
So because I'm a niner fan I'm automatically trolling? Lol
Yes, I would hope the fact that I am a niner fan was somewhat obvious to you in that post.
You should already know that thought? Loaf and Sac rip on me allllll the time in the shack lol

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sherminator":2iuo3vy7 said:
Yes, I would hope the fact that I am a niner fan was somewhat obvious to you in that post.
You should already know that thought? Loaf and Sac rip on me allllll the time in the shack lol
Automatically no. Rlkats, and Box are both niner fans and DON'T troll in the slightest. My original statement was NOT about you, but the other guy possibly being a niner fan masquerading as a Hawks fan, which seems to come in waves. Jury is still out if you are a troll, but if you are you seem harmless when compared to most others.

Sherminator

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2qhyjhza said:
Sherminator":2qhyjhza said:
Automatically no. Rlkats, and Box are both niner fans and DON'T troll in the slightest. My original statement was NOT about you, but the other guy possibly being a niner fan masquerading as a Hawks fan, which seems to come in waves. Jury is still out if you are a troll, but if you are you seem harmless when compared to most others.

Gotcha, I am going to agree with you on that, I've seen a couple of his posts that are somewhat ambiguous in which NFC west team he prefers (I've seen Rams also)

Not a troll, I'm above reproach ;) hahah