Philly Eagles

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Philly Eagles sign an Army Capt.
The comment got me.....

Eagles sign 6-foot-9 Villanueva

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10885 ... rmy-ranger

Comment……article says he signed as a DE, but sounds like they could easily use him as a tight end. who is covering a 6'9" tight end in the NFL today? i'd like to see him square off against richard sherman, sometime, and teach that young man about respect. here's hoping he plays well, no matter what position he settles in at. definitely a positive move by the Eagles, too.

I hope I did this correctly. :mrgreen:

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":42m76u0d said:
Philly Eagles sign an Army Capt.
The comment got me.....

Eagles sign 6-foot-9 Villanueva

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10885 ... rmy-ranger

Comment……article says he signed as a DE, but sounds like they could easily use him as a tight end. who is covering a 6'9" tight end in the NFL today? i'd like to see him square off against richard sherman, sometime, and teach that young man about respect. here's hoping he plays well, no matter what position he settles in at. definitely a positive move by the Eagles, too.

I hope I did this correctly. :mrgreen:

That's not much bigger than Jimmy Graham. Our solution to that was stick a linebacker on him. Didn't need to move Sherman and mess with the scheme. Not sure why he would need to learn about respect. Who was he disrespectful towards?

Kellen Davis is right up there in size. I'll worry if this guy makes the team and produces, and then only when he produced against the hawks. No one player on any team worries me.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Maybe he can get some advice from Graham on how to announce who he is.

Villanueva: "I'm Alejandro."
Graham: "No, no; you need more disdain and arrogance. Practice it with me. 'I'm Jimmy.'"

ASuperForce

Reaction score
I remember watching this guy play at Army and he was just bad. His height at WR made him interesting to watch, but that's the only thing he had working for him. James Carpenter is more agile. Maybe if increases his vertical and learns to high point the ball then he could possibly make it as a third TE goal line receiving threat.