Santa Clara 49ers trade 4th round pick for Stevie Johnson

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I remember Sherman had a tough time covering him a couple seasons ago. Good move by Whiner Nation, unfortunately.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah good move for them. Guy is a very solid receiver. WR core for them just got upgraded.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
This needs to be in the shack. Ugh.

Stevie Johnson is the ONLY receiver in the NFL to consistently get separation against both Darrelle Revis and Richard Sherman. Dude just has crazy route-running prowess.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
And it didn't even cost them a pick in this year's draft: it's a conditional pick in 2015.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
A 4th? That's it? I hate this move. Stevie Johnson is a baller -- will more than likely be better than a WR they would've taken in the 2nd, especially immediately. But can Kaep capitalize on his skill set?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
AND they keep their million picks this year? What the hell.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
DavidSeven":atbk3wjh said:
A 4th? That's it? I hate this move. Stevie Johnson is a baller -- will more than likely be better than a WR they would've taken in the 2nd, especially immediately. But can Kaep capitalize on his skill set?
He won't have to be as accurate throwing to him as he will be to his other receivers. This improves the 49ers offense. Stupid Bills, they trade away great players for peanuts. Marshawn to us and Stevie to San Francisco, both bad values for them and great for the recipients.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
WTF...do the niners have some blackmail on teams when it comes to trading for WRs...

how the hell do they get Johnson for a 4th NEXT year and Boldin for a 6th...are you kidding me? He was a 1000 yard WR from 2010 to 2012 for 3 seasons.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":pnwnani6 said:
DavidSeven":pnwnani6 said:
He won't have to be as accurate throwing to him as he will be to his other receivers. This improves the 49ers offense. Stupid Bills, they trade away great players for peanuts. Marshawn to us and Stevie to San Francisco, both bad values for them and great for the recipients.
Did the Bills really have any choice given his cap number? And drafting Watkins, Woods and trading for Williams.

Polaris

Reaction score
And the Bills get fleeced....again (as if getting fleeced last night wasn't enough)

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
49ers loading up this year.

Get Johnson. Keep all there picks from this year.

JZ#1

Reaction score
Wonder if this means Crabtree is gone. What do the 49ers do with 5 picks today and 5 picks tomorrow?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Um. Wow.

Didn't see that coming.

Takes some sting off missing out on Odell Beckham, that's for sure.

On the plus side for Seahawks fans, if you want a WR you are more likely to find one. I though the Niners might try to move up for one here high in the second, but now it might leave a Latimer or Lee for you.

HansGruber

Reaction score
God, the Bills incompetence is just mind-boggling. WTF is going on in Buffalo?

Further, I hate this deal. Great move by the Niners, giving up only a 3rd/4th next year. The only problem is that now they have to sign Kaepernick, and they just added another WR with an $8.5m cap this year, and $7m next year (according to the contract details I read online - not sure how accurate that is). That's not a ton for such a quality receiver, but it's going to make it harder to get Kaep signed. Overall though, he signed a team-friendly deal in Buffalo, and now SF gets to keep it.

Arrrr!! Seahawks should have been on the horn with Buffalo!

It is curious, though, that the Bills were so eager to dump him. Not only that, they basically gave away the farm for Watkins. Makes you wonder why they were so eager to move on. Probably just typical Bills' incompetence, that team appears to be run by the ghost of Al Davis speaking to a dyslexic guy via Ouja bouard.