Packers expected to sign TE Colt Lyerla

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport

#Packers sleeping on the decision. Barring a bad night sleep, it appears they will sign Lyerla, according to source.

According to two sources, Lyerla looked good at the Packers’ rookie orientation camp, which wrapped up on Saturday.

“We did a lot of work on Colt,” general manager Ted Thompson said during a Saturday news conference. “He’s a very talented athlete. We interviewed him at the Combine, we went through all those procedures, talked to a lot of people. He’s a young man that made some mistakes and we feel like he was worth bringing in and taking a look at.”
http://gnb.scout.com/2/1403575.html

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1k1et8q7 said:

#Packers sleeping on the decision. Barring a bad night sleep, it appears they will sign Lyerla, according to source.

According to two sources, Lyerla looked good at the Packers’ rookie orientation camp, which wrapped up on Saturday.

“We did a lot of work on Colt,” general manager Ted Thompson said during a Saturday news conference. “He’s a very talented athlete. We interviewed him at the Combine, we went through all those procedures, talked to a lot of people. He’s a young man that made some mistakes and we feel like he was worth bringing in and taking a look at.”
Hope they have fun with that nut........ Not a risk I'd want my team taking.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Sports Hernia":x7gs9gam said:
dontbelikethat":x7gs9gam said:

Hope they have fun with that nut........ Not a risk I'd want my team taking.

He's so talented, but this dude is a mess. I guess it's worth taking a chance on him from a financial/pick standpoint, though. It's not like you're burning a first-rounder or second-rounder on this guy like Justin Blackmon (a guy who had alcohol problems in college, IIRC) or Josh Gordon (kicked out of school for smoking weed, IIRC). It's just a cheap UDFA contract with no pick given up. If he starts doing coke again, you just cut him.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Maybe he and Jolley can hang together. Snort snort.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Well they are in a dire need of TE. For Colt, it would be a good opportunity for both sides. Lyerla is very talented and could be a good surprise if he's got his off-field stuff in order.

CPHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3uo368kl said:
He's going to be a very good player.

Right up to the moment he walks out on them, or holds out because he has 10 catches and wants to be paid top TE money.