Giants Cut Josh Freeman

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 28s
I admit I haven't watched Freeman closely, but I wonder if the Seahawks would be intrigued with his skillset (as a backup)

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 45s
(also assuming he clears waivers and then wants to sign for something very low)

:stirthepot:

mikeak

Reaction score
Giants must have realized they already have a QB that can throw interceptions........

m0ng0

Reaction score
What has happened to Freeman? At one point he was Tampa's franchise QB in the making, now he can't hold a backup job :?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Freeman threw for 3400 at just over a 61% completion rate with 25 TDs and 6 INTs his second year.

So was that a mirage? Was he bad, but lucky then? Did he just utterly regress from that second year? His footwork is terrible, I know, but it wasn't always that way, right? I wonder if any tape jockeys have any thoughts about this.

I am absolutely interested in him at a low price to come in and comPETE.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If the Seahawks bring in Josh Freeman, then it would mean the end for Pryor or BJ Daniels as a Seahawk. I highly doubt he comes here. There a plenty of teams looking for QBs - backup or starting. For example, the Packers were looking at Vince Young recently. Titans, Browns, and Texans are others who don't have a solid QB in place.

razor150

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":y36o42yx said:
Freeman threw for 3400 at just over a 61% completion rate with 25 TDs and 6 INTs his second year.

So was that a mirage? Was he bad, but lucky then? Did he just utterly regress from that second year? His footwork is terrible, I know, but it wasn't always that way, right? I wonder if any tape jockeys have any thoughts about this.

Derek Anderson had 1 good year. So did Rick Mirer. One good year doesn't mean much.

OrFan

Reaction score
So, should we bring him in? Why not? It seems we have become the island of misfit qb's. Let's build an entire team of qb misfits who cannot even hold a job as a backup on bad teams.

Do I really need the sarcasm thing here?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
razor150":2h3p80bu said:
Smelly McUgly":2h3p80bu said:

Derek Anderson had 1 good year. So did Rick Mirer. One good year doesn't mean much.

Anderson didn't have a year that good, throwing for about 56% completion and having a hot streak of about seven games to make up the bulk of his positive stats. He was also four years into his career, not a two-year starter that improved from year to year. Freeman falling off is more like if Russell Wilson turned to dust from here on out.

Mirer's best year, he had a 12/17 TD/INT ratio and only completed 56% of his passes. I think people perceive Mirer as having had a "good year" because, you know, those numbers look great when compared to Dan Mc-FRIGGIN-Gwire.

Freeman looked like a progressing QB with some serious ability, not a one-year-wonder. Apples and oranges.

Happy

Reaction score
m0ng0":2q7i6j9f said:
What has happened to Freeman? At one point he was Tampa's franchise QB in the making, now he can't hold a backup job :?

Substance abuse or mental health issues? Either would answer all the questions.

garrylt4

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2ys0yx4h said:
those numbers look great when compared to Dan Mc-FRIGGIN-Gwire.

Uhg please never speak of the greatest failed pick in Seahawks history. It ruined the 90, got Knox fired, and we could have had Favre.

Sac

Reaction score
Freeman may still be redeemable though. Texans would be foolish not to give him a shot. QB is their one real weakness, and it's a huge one.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I dunno. Did you guys see him in that Monday Night game he played for the Vikings? Granted, he was in a brand new offense, but that was some of the most inept QB play I've seen in my life. Remember Whitehurst versus Cleveland? This was worse. The Vikings had one of the worst QB situations in the league and didn't even give him a second look. Tampa Bay couldn't wait to ship him out. I think he's done, which is a shame.

Unbelievable fall from grace. This is a dude that had Russell Wilson type upside early in his career. He looks absolutely nothing like that version of Josh Freeman right now.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":393u42wm said:
His first two years in Tampa were great though. Kid needs a real chance.
He's had multi chances...He is done..Cannot read defenses or his teams playbook...Don't feel sorry for the guy-He made his millions..Go to CFL or hang out with Tim Tebow..

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He needs a chance???? The Bucs canned him because he failed to put in the work required. The Vikings canned him because he didn't learn enough of their play book to make them believe he was putting in the effort they needed from a quarterback. The giants actually pulled him from a work out and told him to hit the bricks because it was obvious that he hadn't studied his play book. Why would you even consider bringing him here? Even if we didn't already have five freaking QBs on the roster I wouldn't want him. Look feel sorry for him if you want to. I don't know if he is on drugs or just won't take his Ritalin but we don't need him or his problems right now.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2455z8hm said:
Freeman may still be redeemable though. Texans would be foolish not to give him a shot. QB is their one real weakness, and it's a huge one.

Agreed, they really are going in light at QB for 2014. Freeman has experience and had some level of success at one point. Sometimes a change in coaching can bring out the best in a player. Certainly worth it solid shot at backup there.