Update on departed Chris Harper-4th round pick of 2013 draft

Jville

Reaction score
28007144_CHRISHARPER.jpg

........ Harper does face an uphill climb at a crowded position, but he's off to a fast start.

On Tuesday, Harper had multiple catches during 11-on-11 periods. He boasts the frame necessary to box out cornerbacks.

A former high school quarterback, Harper caught 58 passes for 857 yards and three touchdowns his final season at Kansas State.

"Chris has really improved," McCarthy said. "I think you saw the first snap there in the team period, he runs a great post and Aaron hits him right in stride. That’s the kind of explosiveness that he has. I still go back to his K-State film. You talk about a very talented, powerful, young player. He looks more and more comfortable with what we’re asking him to do, and I don’t think that was the case last year when he came here. So he’s having a very good offseason."

[urltargetblank]http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/262237961.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed[/urltargetblank]

kigenzun

Reaction score
I hope he gets beat out by Janis & Abbredaris.
:th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
Don't forget Davante Adams. Harper won't last as a "project" in that WR group.

My guess is that he ends end up back with SF, or possibly Seattle if our team has a rash or WR injuries later on.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Davante is a lock for sure. And IMO both Jeff Janis & Jared Abbredaris are better than Harper.

I wonder if he might end up in Carolina, as they seem to be desperate for receivers these days.