Stay classy, 49ers fans **Update & official response**

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
***UPDATE***

So, I was contacted earlier by an admin on their forum. This is what I received:

A 49ers Forum Admin":1j2wqj9b said:
First off I did my research on the matter, and ABT has been removed as a moderator. As an admin here I would like to say how truly sorry I am for what one of my moderators did. This is not a reflection of the moderating team, and how we run things here.

Should any issues arise please know you can reach out to me or another admin here or moderator and we will handle it with a professional demeanor.

We value other fans from different NFL teams here, and welcome you with open arms. Please accept our sincere apology on this matter, and please understand we do take any type of attack, posting of personal information serious.

ABT has, indeed, been stripped of being a mod. Well, even though they're a bitter rival's fans, I have to admit that I'm impressed with how the real power over there handled the situation. I feel obligated to give credit where it's due, so thank you to those really running the joint over there and also thanks to those 49ers fans here on .NET that agreed that it was out of line.

The only downside now (considering the satisfactory end result/outcome) is that I can't hold the incident over the entire 49ers fan base unilaterally. Damn!

*end update*

Or should I say, mods. So, I posted that Vernon Davis MMQB article on the official 49ers forum for some light trolling. What does their lead admin, a guy named ABT, do? He makes a meme of my Facebook profile photo and posts my real-life first & last name on it, and sends me a PM to boot.

Very classy, indeed. I wonder if any of the resident 49ers fans on .NET approve of this?

(Yes, that is my pic, though it's like 8-9 years old at this point, pretty outdated, I should update it anyways; and I'm James Barr, nice to meet you all.)

49ers_mod.png

-The Glove-

Reaction score
That's a forum no-no everywhere except Niners land I guess. Pretty messed up if you ask me.

And Roland... You look just as douchey as I expected. JK man

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
That's crap! It would be crap if our mods did that to them. Another reason to not be on Facebook. I hope you are scheming for some revenge.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hrmm....

Yeah....that's messed up. I don't approve of that.

...I would be curious exactly what you said tho. Not that it would be justified. Just curious what would set him off.

Largent80

Reaction score
Just creepy in the highest order. Seriously if that is all this person has to do then they are a sad, sad lot over there. I would go so far as to say butthurt to the extreme.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":21rms57l said:
Hrmm....

...I would be curious exactly what you said tho. Not that it would be justified. Just curious what would set him off.
I see some mod there hid the thread; they moved it to a private forum, (presumably the mod forum) so I can't see it anymore to quote it. It was just some light trolling, though. Wish I had a screenshot of the original post, at this point. I literally just posted the link to it, Vernon's quote about Wilson, and said I figured I'd post it here since a 49er said it, with a smiley. I mean, nothing remotely close to warranting a mod doing that. If I could go get a screenshot of the original post, I would, Marvin; I guess you only have my word on it that I didn't step out of line in some big way to earn it, but... *shrug*

I can tell you it was nearly verbatim to the one I made on the Donkeys forum, which you can view here: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... the-league

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
First of all, this is complete and total bullshit.
Last of all, this is complete and total bullshit.

God this fanbase is pathetic, just sadly pathetic.
I doubt you'll get any of their fans that frequent our boards saying it's OK, but if it was one of their actual players you'd no doubt get a bunch of them.

HansGruber

Reaction score
*** OK I had to edit my message after the update. Good on the mods over there for doing the right thing. ***

What exactly did you expect?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HansGruber":2rhjk3re said:
What exactly did you expect?
I expected to see something happen that would confirm my moral superiority over them, and I received exactly what I expected. ;)

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":s8730mnc said:
Marvin49":s8730mnc said:
Hrmm....

I see some mod there hid the thread; they moved it to a private forum, (presumably the mod forum) so I can't see it anymore to quote it. It was just some light trolling, though. Wish I had a screenshot of the original post, at this point. I literally just posted the link to it, Vernon's quote about Wilson, and said I figured I'd post it here since a 49er said it, with a smiley. I mean, nothing remotely close to warranting a mod doing that. If I could go get a screenshot of the original post, I would, Marvin; I guess you only have my word on it that I didn't step out of line in some big way to earn it, but... *shrug*

I can tell you it was nearly verbatim to the one I made on the Donkeys forum, which you can view here: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... the-league

Nah...I wasn't suggesting you were out of line. I was just curious what would get a guy to do that much work just to post something like that. LOL.

Looks like some of the other mods realized he was out of bounds tho.

Right or wrong, the guy had to do some research to do that. Not sure why someone would bother.

NorCal

Reaction score
I'm on that site. I've never seen a mod do that before. That is way out of bounds. That should never happen on any forum, anywhere.

I sent a message to who I think is the main mod on that site. ABT should not be a mod anymore.

Sorry that happened to you.

Marvin49

Reaction score
NorCal":122oejw2 said:
I'm on that site. I've never seen a mod do that before. That is way out of bounds. That should never happen on any forum, anywhere.

I sent a message to who I think is the main mod on that site. ABT should not be a mod anymore.

Sorry that happened to you.

Yeah...we joke and take jabs at each other all the time. That's the nature of a rivalry....but no need to get personal.

OrFan

Reaction score
That is beyond jabbing back and forth. That is a complete breech of what is right and wrong. Posting people's personal info on the internet can end up with all kinds of bad things happening.

Wow, what a piece of shit that guy is. That is not fan rivalry at all. The lead person for that site should not only take mod powers away from him, he should be banned from the board.