Adrian and the possibilities of being a hawk

RynoHawk

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ikings-would-take-a-heavy-hit-by-cutting-him/

So just read the article and had a thought. With Marshawn bring unhappy with his situation and wanting more money.. What are the odds we do a swop-a-roo? Now I believe that 24 is the identity and love what BeastMode has done but this could be an amazing option for the hawks . If there was a chance for him to come here , his position wouldn't be guaranteed but having him compete would be amazing. I heard he can't catch the ball to save his life and I see that being a big problem here but it's fun to speculate.

Please discuss..

kidhawk

Reaction score
$25 million for AP over the next 2 years

$14.3 million for Lynch/Michael over the next 2 years

I love me some AP, but we have half of Russell Wilson's contract sitting there. If we aren't going to pay Lynch, why in the world would we go that much for AP?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Even more strange IMO is the supposition that if Peterson was traded to the Hawks his position wouldn't be guaranteed. The best -- and highest paid -- back in the league isn't traded for to just compete. In any case, I'd firmly wager that there's absolutely zero chance of this happening.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Schneider should just email AP's agent and say we'll give him $5m/year guaranteed with no escalators/incentives if he wants a ring. :)

The agent would probably delete the email because he doesn't want to make a lot less off of AP, but hey; might as well! :lol:

OP
OP
RynoHawk

RynoHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":btq272r9 said:
Even more strange IMO is the supposition that if Peterson was traded to the Hawks his position wouldn't be guaranteed. The best -- and highest paid -- back in the league isn't traded for to just compete. In any case, I'd firmly wager that there's absolutely zero chance of this happening.

I'll take that wager.. First.. No one is gaurenteed a position, including Russell Wilson. Second , it's natural spot for ex vikings that actually want to win a championship - sans Mr. Allen. Third, it's a natural
Progression for him in Bevells mindset and gameplan .. So your supposition on Zero chance is misguided and trollish....

kidhawk

Reaction score
RynoHawk":29n1ehjv said:
Popeyejones":29n1ehjv said:

I'll take that wager.. First.. No one is gaurenteed a position, including Russell Wilson. Second , it's natural spot for ex vikings that actually want to win a championship - sans Mr. Allen. Third, it's a natural
Progression for him in Bevells mindset and gameplan .. So your supposition on Zero chance is misguided and trollish....

You are wrong on this. Yes there is a compete mantra that flows through every person at every position, but barring injury, guys like Sherman, Wilson, Thomas....they are guaranteed a position. Look at Harvin. We traded for him and paid him a large sum of money and he sat out most of the year unable to play. If he wasn't guaranteed a position, they would have cut him. You don't make blockbuster trades like you would need to acquire a guy of AP's stature without guaranteeing them a position. I'm going to be honest with you, although there is the slimmest of chances that your scenario would play out, it's so close to zero that it's not even worth debating. It is a nice fantasy though

OP
OP
RynoHawk

RynoHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":37tfvbho said:
RynoHawk":37tfvbho said:
Popeyejones":37tfvbho said:

You are wrong on this. Yes there is a compete mantra that flows through every person at every position, but barring injury, guys like Sherman, Wilson, Thomas....they are guaranteed a position. Look at Harvin. We traded for him and paid him a large sum of money and he sat out most of the year unable to play. If he wasn't guaranteed a position, they would have cut him. You don't make blockbuster trades like you would need to acquire a guy of AP's stature without guaranteeing them a position. I'm going to be honest with you, although there is the slimmest of chances that your scenario would play out, it's so close to zero that it's not even worth debating. It is a nice fantasy though

I'm sorry but if someone was to play better then Richard, Wilson or Thomas... they wouldn't hesitate to replace them - even with guaranteed money - ala Tavaris Jackson. You still have to earn your place regardless of contract. SO, back to my OP... He wouldn't be guaranteed a job until he won it...

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":21by5pwe said:
RynoHawk":21by5pwe said:
Popeyejones":21by5pwe said:

RynoHawk":21by5pwe said:
I'm sorry but if someone was to play better then Richard, Wilson or Thomas... they wouldn't hesitate to replace them - even with guaranteed money - ala Tavaris Jackson. You still have to earn your place regardless of contract. SO, back to my OP... He wouldn't be guaranteed a job until he won it...

You can keep repeating it but that doesn't make you correct. On this you are wrong. ANYONE who trades for AP will be guaranteeing him a roster spot. It is absolutely LUDICROUS to believe anything other than that because it's not happening.

HawkWow

Reaction score
We don't need AP. Love the guy, but his pay is absurd. We need improved O-line play, not a new back, imo. IF Ponder / Bridgewater was our QB, I may feel differently, but we are not the 1 trick pony that got AP all those yards.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RynoHawk":4e8pqzro said:
Popeyejones":4e8pqzro said:

Thinking that there's zero chance that A) the Vikings and Hawks trade Lynch and Peterson straight up and B) after that happens Peterson rides the pine at 15 million per year because he was outperformed in training camp makes me a troll? There's a statistically insignificant probability of either of these things happening, let alone both of them happening. C'mon, man. :lol:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Popeyejones":300c7b27 said:
RynoHawk":300c7b27 said:
Popeyejones":300c7b27 said:

Thinking that there's zero chance that A) the Vikings and Hawks trade Lynch and Peterson straight up and B) after that happens Peterson rides the pine at 15 million per year because he was outperformed in training camp makes me a troll? There's a statistically insignificant probability of either of these things happening, let alone both of them happening. C'mon, man. :lol:
Popey is a great deal of things that I can't say outside the shack, but he is no troll.

Besides... remember guys, he is holding in the hurt. He still has to apply ointment to his rectum after that dark day in January. Then to enhance the inflammation the Hawks took away the one thing they held highest two weeks later.

But he is no troll.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":39dmm7dj said:
Popeyejones":39dmm7dj said:
RynoHawk":39dmm7dj said:
Popeyejones":39dmm7dj said:

Popey is a great deal of things that I can't say outside the shack, but he is no troll.

Besides... remember guys, he is holding in the hurt. He still has to apply ointment to his rectum after that dark day in January. Then to enhance the inflammation the Hawks took away the one thing they held highest two weeks later.

But he is no troll.
That's debatable. 8) He is just more "clever" about it... though it pains me to say I agree with him in this thread.

Oh snap! The world must be coming to an end, I've agreed with Marvin and Popeye in the same day! :shock:

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
It's always fun to play what if!! I mean who wouldn't want a talent like AP on their team? Shoot, let's get Calvin too! Lol

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":h3vxbak6 said:
It's always fun to play what if!! I mean who wouldn't want a talent like AP on their team? Shoot, let's get Calvin too! Lol

Didin't you hear, Baalke worked a deal with the Lions for a 2015 2nd round pick and they are covering his salary too! :stirthepot:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":2jlh7ae3 said:
JaiSeaSea":2jlh7ae3 said:

Didin't you hear, Baalke worked a deal with the Lions for a 2015 2nd round pick and they are covering his salary too! :stirthepot:

And they would still choke in the Clink.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Ain't nothing wrong with Popeye 'cept for the team he roots for, folks.

And he's 100% correct on this. No way does Seattle even try to trade for Peterson except with the understanding that they're bringing him in to be the man at RB. If Harvin hadn't been hurt, he'd have been a starter for us every game, because that's how the FO valued him.

But it's all just rosterbation because there's zero chance this trade happens.

kearly

Reaction score
I could see it next season if both Lynch and Peterson are cap casualties and the opportunity presents itself. I'd give it maybe a 1% chance of happening.

If it does, the reaction of Vikings fans would be priceless.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind AD as a hawk but I can't see the Vikings trading for Marshawn knowing he's likely past his prime and contemplated retirement last year. Vikings were burned big time by the Herschel Walker trade so they will be gun shy. Also Adrian Peterson has been the face of the franchise whose talent and popularity will be irreplaceable. Trading him may be very unpopular in Minny.
If by chance this 1% probability does occur and we acquire AD he would NOT be riding the pine unless injured for 3 reasons: 1. He is an athletic freak who out works everyone and actually loves practice (unlike Lynch). 2. He'd be a highly paid veteran whose popularity among players and fans would dictate he play as a hawk for the few years he has left. 3. He understands Bevell's offense but more importantly PC and Bevell would do their best to make him comfortable in our offense.