If by some miracle Super Bowl 49 does not feature the Hawks

kearly

Reaction score
Is there any non-Seahawks SB matchup you'd like to see?

For me, I'd really like to see a Manning vs. Manning match. Once Peyton retires we probably won't see a plausible brother vs. brother QB battle in the Super Bowl for many decades.

And since this is purely hypothetical, Carolina v. Cleveland could be fun too as neither of those QBs have anybody at WR to throw to and it could be the ultimate "sandlot" championship game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kearly":y2ayon2u said:
Is there any non-Seahawks SB matchup you'd like to see?

For me, I'd really like to see a Manning vs. Manning match. Once Peyton retires we probably won't see a plausible brother vs. brother QB battle in the Super Bowl for many decades.

And since this is purely hypothetical, Carolina v. Cleveland could be fun too as neither of those QBs have anybody at WR to throw to and it could be the ultimate "sandlot" championship game.

Cleveland vs Atlanta

Houston vs Philly

Detroit vs Jacksonville

or mix and match...

I don't hate any of those teams and none of them are on Rog's legacy franchise list (and yes I know Cleveland dominated in the 1940's-1950's)

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'd say Detroit vs Jacksonville....that would insure lots of ex Seahawks on the field, plus the bonus that neither has ever won a super bowl before.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":t96bckhl said:
I'd say Detroit vs Jacksonville....that would insure lots of ex Seahawks on the field, plus the bonus that neither has ever won a super bowl before.
Yep. While I didn't like Gus Bradley as a defensive play caller I liked him as a coach. .....and I think he'll end up being a pretty good HC if they give him enough time, plus as you said, the Jags are Seattle East. :)

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
I would like to see Detroit vs. Cincinnati Super Bowl. Seems like it would be a good matchup while showcasing some great receivers.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Arizona vs Jacksonville

Jacks for obvious. Cards cuz I like Arians and even though they are a division rival I dont hate them like SF and St L. Louis is trashy/classless and SF os SF. Az we seem to play hard and respect.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Two weeks of Rex Ryan would make me want to see the Jets in a SB, but 2 weeks of Geno Smith cancels that out.

I want Kansas City to make it because that would really grate on Niner fans. So, KC vs...Tampa, Chicago, N.O. That would be interesting.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2m322jhw said:
Arizona vs Jacksonville

Jacks for obvious. Cards cuz I like Arians and even though they are a division rival I dont hate them like SF and St L. Louis is trashy/classless and SF os SF. Az we seem to play hard and respect.

I am with this completely. Totally respect the Cards for their fire. I don't really believe they are going to be any better, because Palmer is their QB.

Jax would be AWESOME!

My realistic pick if the Hawks don't make it? Niners or Giants against NE or maybe Baltimore.

I actually like the Giants, if I wasn't a Seahawks fan I would be a Giants fan. Love the History and the way they have won a SB in each of the last 4 decades. I think Coughlin has a little more left and that Eli could go from stink to sweet in a blink.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Throwdown":1hq98oxj said:
Would love to See Cam Newton knock off Brady...

I'm sure Brady would handle that well, especially if the game ended on a bad call.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I'd like to see Philly win their first championship some time in this life...
so I'll pair them with Denver, because I just love watching Peyton Manning get all that hype, and then...
LOSE THE BIG GAME...AGAIN!

(And of course the look on Horseface after losing the Super Bowl never gets old for me either....
i.e. Revenge for the old AFC West days.)

chris98251

Reaction score
Jags and Panthers would be cool for me, both teams came into the league the same year. Although the Jags have a way to go at this point.

Otherwise, and I am putting on my rain suit now, 49ers and Broncos, reason being we would see how the 49ers do against a opponent we played in the big game. I would hate to see the 49ers get another ring as a rival, but I know that given good health with both teams we are the two toughest teams in the league right now. I have always thought the toughness of your conference is what conditions you to play outside of it. NFC and the NFC West is a much tougher conference and division then anything I think the AFC can throw out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":1gmww7y0 said:
Jags and Panthers would be cool for me, both teams came into the league the same year. Although the Jags have a way to go at this point.

Otherwise, and I am putting on my rain suit now, 49ers and Broncos, reason being we would see how the 49ers do against a opponent we played in the big game. I would hate to see the 49ers get another ring as a rival, but I know that given good health with both teams we are the two toughest teams in the league right now. I have always thought the toughness of your conference is what conditions you to play outside of it. NFC and the NFC West is a much tougher conference and division then anything I think the AFC can throw out.
For that last comment you deserve this. :141847_bnono:

;)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3n7nrr05 said:
chris98251":3n7nrr05 said:

For that last comment you deserve this. :141847_bnono:

;)

Throw the Bill Cosby mushy snowball at him. You know the one...the one that was put in the freezer from winter so he could get back at his archrival in snowball fights. he he he...(he did say he has his raincoat on). :mrgreen: :twisted:

:stirthepot:

253hawk

Reaction score
I'd be alright with the Chiefs, Chargers, Bears and Vikings.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Manning vs. Manning SB = The media will annoy the hell out of me so I don't want to see that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3kscmbl6 said:
Two weeks of Rex Ryan would make me want to see the Jets in a SB, but 2 weeks of Geno Smith cancels that out.

I want Kansas City to make it because that would really grate on Niner fans. So, KC vs...Tampa, Chicago, N.O. That would be interesting.
But that can't happen because I have money to win!!!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Manning vs Manning would be overly hyped and annoying. People don't like to admit it but Peyton Manning choked on the big stage. On SoundFX you get glimpses of how lost he appeared in front of his coaches and teammates. After throwing short on that 4th down pass that nearly got intercepted he asks a coach 'where did that guy come from' and 'I had him'. The coach simply ignores him. Not once do you see him gather his team together to instill confidence or project poise. I get that our defense is great but that was the worse showing of PManning I'd ever seen and yet after the game the media raved about his passing stats while minimizing RW'S accomplishments. RW goes at this defense on a regular basis folks.