Would somebody tell Michael Vick!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Randall was the real deal. There is an argument for Elway and potentially Tark. Elway used to cause heartburn on 3rd and long.

That guy would take off under pressure, ran in designed plays and at times would be on the move when he found little Vance Johnson all alone in the end zone with a 60 yard bomb.

But Cunningham was amazing. He was the human slinky with a Cannon arm. Loved watching him play. Man he could throw.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bobby Layne could probably argue that he was first as well, not sure if he is still alive though, I think there were a few more going back even farther. Then you have Fran and Roger Greg Landry, and some others. Vick has the most rushing yards granted, but he was far from the first.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Vick is the pioneer with that style in that he didn't bother to read the playbook or watch film. The other guys actually put the time in.

He pioneered starting in the position with the ability to run but completely half-assing it.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
[youtube]1iQQ0hJoto0[/youtube]

I grew up watching Cunningham as a five or six-year-old. He was BANANAS. The difference between Cunningham and Vick is that Cunningham became a deadly pocket passer as he got older and Vick has not as of yet.

Cunningham, in 1998 or whatever year it was the Vikes somehow didn't get to the Super Bowl, throwing to Moss and Carter was just a devastating attack.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
A young Fran Tarkington was a great running qb(you can see him on YouTube highlights) he would go all over the place but he was also a great passer..I remember seeing the Seahawks hurting the older Fran and that was it for him I believe..Steve Young was another version of Tarkington in my opinion..Cunningham was a great runner early and I can remember him throwing a 85yrd pass in air during the old qb comps on tv but he wasn't a good passer till older..Donkeyface ran a lot early blah blah..All these guys are just some who were long before there was ever a Vick and I would take them before him..

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Yeah, how could I forget Steve Young. He was a total stud of a mobile QB that had not just a great arm, but could process a play and execute.

The Niners were certainly spoiled with Young and Montana in succession. Combined they had the Niners in serious competition for a championship over a 15 year period. That is ridiculous.