NFL.com projects a rookie to start at center for Niners

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
Marcus Martin is gonna be "detroyed" by our "Angry Senior" Kevin Williams! Get your "gangly ass" running style ready Colin!! BTW hawknation2014 how do I post "gifs" like that?

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
GLOCKHAWK":31vp26as said:
Marcus Martin is gonna be "detroyed" by our "Angry Senior" Kevin Williams! Get your "gangly ass" running style ready Colin!! BTW hawknation2014 how do I post "gifs" like that?

I just hit the "Img" button (3rd from the top right) when creating a post. :th2thumbs:

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
...just add this to Tony McDaniel AND Jesse Williams and our "crew"! Our HAWKS are SOLID!

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
hawknation2014":yw40rejr said:
GLOCKHAWK":yw40rejr said:

I just hit the "Img" button (3rd from the top right) when creating a post. :th2thumbs:

THANK YOU HAWKNATION2014! I am still "learning!"

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
No way... didn't Moffitt get that same conviction? Or was that for pissing?

I do not underestimate the Niners OLine anyways. They are so good at run blocking and even if it is true the kid is going to get a TON of work. They will have him ready.

But yeah, Bane would have a great time with this. Heh... Williams. HehHeh.. a monsterized Scruggs.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
And wasn't Kilgore used kind of as an additional line player for situation protection?

I didn't know he was playing a lot at center.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
GLOCKHAWK":17dxncvr said:

Get a gif and post it like any other picture. You can make a gif out of any video clip, but watch the size.

kearly

Reaction score
FWIW, I was crossing my fingers for Martin to Seattle at #32, I think the 49ers getting him in the 3rd was one of the bigger steals in the draft.

But yeah, rookie struggles and all that.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
kearly":o2ntced5 said:
FWIW, I was crossing my fingers for Martin to Seattle at #32, I think the 49ers getting him in the 3rd was one of the bigger steals in the draft.

I know I've had this disagreement with you Kearly over the last few months. I think Martin is going to be a terrible bust for the Niners. Niners could be in serious trouble if they're forced to rely on this rookie at center. :stirthepot:

sc85sis

Reaction score
kearly":2deqwf3j said:

Marcus didn't get decent coaching until last season when USC brought in a second OL coach. The first guy didn't do much teaching of technique, preferring film study. Now, film study is good, but college kids need to learn technique.

I don't think he's anywhere near his ceiling yet, especially since he's only played center for one year.

I was really bummed the '9ers got him.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
sc85sis":o4zisi37 said:

I dont get bummed about anyone that SF drafts as long as KaeperSpaz is the guy Martin is snapping the ball to. I will save the details for later, but I get the feeling that it comes down to coachabilty, maturity and ego.

Martin can potentially be able to help maintain that great line play the Niners have enjoyed for 3-4 years now, but I don't think he is going to provide a noticeable improvement to what is already a good unit.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1ax713ry said:
And wasn't Kilgore used kind of as an additional line player for situation protection?

I didn't know he was playing a lot at center.

Yes.

He was used a lot when they went with 6 and 7 linemen, He even lined up at WR once. LOL.

He has been groomed though since he was a rookie to eventually take that Center spot from Goodwin. I was mildly surprised when they took Martin, but it was likely a "value is too good to pass up" kinda move there. I'm not as convinced that Martin will start as the author is. I still kinda think it'll be Kilgore unless Martin has a great camp.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1msz5x4g said:
kearly":1msz5x4g said:

I know I've had this disagreement with you Kearly over the last few months. I think Martin is going to be a terrible bust for the Niners. Niners could be in serious trouble if they're forced to rely on this rookie at center. :stirthepot:

Not sure you can ever label a 3rd round pick a "terrible bust". Lol. 3rd rounders are fairly hit and miss.

If he sucks, they still have Kilgore, so not all that concerned. Was simply a good value pick in that spot.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3q78tbt8 said:
In "before" Roland freaks "out" over the absurd "overuse" of "quotation marks!"
CALIHAWK1":3q78tbt8 said:
Rowlend kneed two stop tripin on spelling & grahmer all da thyme.

A fire of seething hatred for the both of you burns in me that is brighter than a thousand suns.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I love Martin as a center, or a guard, and wanted him for the Hawks.

I also craved Iupati. So far, I am far better at projecting Niner linemen than Seahawks.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1do45z4u said:
sc85sis":1do45z4u said:

I dont get bummed about anyone that SF drafts as long as KaeperSpaz is the guy Martin is snapping the ball to. I will save the details for later, but I get the feeling that it comes down to coachabilty, maturity and ego.

Martin can potentially be able to help maintain that great line play the Niners have enjoyed for 3-4 years now, but I don't think he is going to provide a noticeable improvement to what is already a good unit.

You could be right, but I will say that center has kinda been the weakest link of that line. It will be interesting to see if he's markedly better than Goodwin. Its not that Goody was bad....he was just very average with superior linemen all around him.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Spoiled 49ers fans...Ugh..

O-line has been such a problematic issue for Seattle to fix for getting close to a decade now.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":19ogxxc4 said:
I love Martin as a center, or a guard, and wanted him for the Hawks.

I also craved Iupati. So far, I am far better at projecting Niner linemen than Seahawks.

Well, you just might get a shot at Iupati as a free agent next year. Kinda starting to think they will let him walk and was part of the reason they selected Martin and Brandon Thomas. I don't think they want to spend that much money on a guard.