Walter Thurmond learning more in NY than he did in Seattle

Jville

Reaction score
15268755-mmmain.jpg

....... said the Giants defensive scheme is more intricate and precise than Seattle's.

"I'm learning a little more stuff than we did in Seattle," said Thurmond, who missed most of the 2011 and 2012 seasons due to injuries. "We were very simple.

"Here, we're mixing coverages and having exotic defenses. I like it, because it gives me a lot more freedom."

....... "I still have a lot to prove," Thurmond said. "I want to be an elite cornerback in this league and I'm looking forward to that challenge."

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/index.ssf/2014/06/walter_thurmond_says_hes_learn.html[/urltargetblank]

Largent80

Reaction score
Seattle can have a "simpler" defense because of it's athletes. Thurmond is going to get burned in NY.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
You have to do all of that extra stuff when your talent is mediocre. Here, the secondary will show you its hand and still beat you

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Pete keeps his defense simple because he would rather his guys play fast as opposed to thinking. We are not out to confuse offenses, just beat them up with speed and physicality.

Giedi

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":dtcyl5sc said:
Pete keeps his defense simple because he would rather his guys play fast as opposed to thinking. We are not out to confuse offenses, just beat them up with speed and physicality.
I have to agree. He is a top notch defensive coach.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3fgrqdna said:

It also dovetails nicely with the 4 year cycle and a "forever young" theme. Accommodating for new players to integrate quickly into the team. And, very cap friendly.

Subzero717

Reaction score
The funny part about our defense is Aaron Curry thought it was too complex and he had no freedom. There are obvious differences due to positions but interesting none the less.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I don't doubt that Thurmond is correct. I seem to remember the media wondering how Seattle would stop Peyton Manning, and being shocked when the answer was to simplify the defense even more than it's usual self.

I like the Giants D overall, but they gave up 41 to the Donkeys in week 2 last year. On the same field we gave up 8. It isn't a perfect comparison, and in no way is more than circumstantial evidence that a complicated D is worse, but it is all we have to go on.

Still, I don't blame Thurmond for liking a D where he gets to do a lot more.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, if he makes it thru an entire season, that will be a miracle. I wish him luck out there, but I seriously doubt he's learning more from that D than he did from the coaches of the #1 Defense in football.

Largent80

Reaction score
"We have so many great pieces to this team. Nobody has to go out there and try to do something they’re not capable of, because I can count on my guys, and they can count on me.”.....Earl Thomas.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2y2f592h said:
CALIHAWK1":2y2f592h said:
The funny part about our defense is Aaron Curry thought it was too complex and he had no freedom. There are obvious differences due to positions but interesting none the less.

To be fair, Aaron Curry probably finds microwaving a burrito to be a complex activity.

Uh oh.....they dont have the automatic microwave the burrito button set up??? Like the Popcorn one?? :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

seedhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":238d6qs7 said:
I don't doubt that Thurmond is correct. I seem to remember the media wondering how Seattle would stop Peyton Manning, and being shocked when the answer was to simplify the defense even more than it's usual self.

I like the Giants D overall, but they gave up 41 to the Donkeys in week 2 last year. On the same field we gave up 8. It isn't a perfect comparison, and in no way is more than circumstantial evidence that a complicated D is worse, but it is all we have to go on.

I bet he likes the money they gave him more than he likes their D. :mrgreen:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2h9nfvrr said:
CALIHAWK1":2h9nfvrr said:

To be fair, Aaron Curry probably finds microwaving a burrito to be a complex activity.

"Foil or no foil? Foil, right? Oh dammit, not again!"

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seedhawk":2u39nes1 said:
Scottemojo":2u39nes1 said:

I bet he likes the money they gave him more than he likes their D. :mrgreen:
Walter has been drinking the bong water again. No Sherm, No Earl, No Kamtak to bail him out. He has won his last ring. Youre only as good as your last game, and Walt your last game (the Super Bowl) really wasn't that good. For him to compare the Gints secondary to Seattle's is just plain stupid. Best of luck, when you play Seattle, have a feeling RW will make WTIII look like a fool.

TAB420

Reaction score
He learned just as much if not more in Seattle. He was just to high to remember any of it. :177692:

OrFan

Reaction score
Where is the friggin "like" button at? There are so many deserving posts in this thread!

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
....... said the Giants defensive scheme is more intricate and precise than Seattle's.

"I'm learning a little more stuff than we did in Seattle," said Thurmond, who missed most of the 2011 and 2012 seasons due to injuries. "We were very simple.

"Here, we're mixing coverages and having exotic defenses. I like it, because it gives me a lot more freedom."

....... "I still have a lot to prove," Thurmond said. "I want to be an elite cornerback in this league and I'm looking forward to that challenge."

Dear Mr. Thurmond,
In response to your recent comments regarding the Seahawks defensive scheme, I submit a comment of my own:
"Sometimes the richest soil can produce the the sourest grapes sir." Enjoy your season Walter.
Sincerely The 12th Man.