Yahoo's Overrated/Underrated

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...and-underrated--nfl-heartbreak-160859982.html

In the underrated category, they discuss the Cards loss to Pittsburgh. This got me thinking what a shame that Fitzgerald never won a SB. He is such a classy guy and that year he had the best WR playoff performance of all time. His 4 games look like this.

6 catches 101 yds TD
8 catches 166 yds TD
9 catches 152 yds 3 TD
7 catches 127 yds 2 TD

Also I hate Pittsburgh.

Brahn

Reaction score
Fitz has always been a great talent. I was upset when he reupped there because he would still be in the West but also because I always wondered how a guy like that would do with a Brees, Brady, Favre at QB.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Brahn":2zzrh8fl said:
Fitz has always been a great talent. I was upset when he reupped there because he would still be in the West but also because I always wondered how a guy like that would do with a Brees, Brady, Favre at QB.

I'd argue for a few years with Warner, we did see what he would look like with a top QB.

Sherminator

Reaction score
Great article, except for the fact that you can't convince me the 2007 Pats were overrated.
God I hated them but they were so good

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sherminator":2zbhu246 said:
Great article, except for the fact that you can't convince me the 2007 Pats were overrated.
God I hated them but they were so good

I agree...that helmet play is probably the biggest fluke I have ever seen and the probability of what happened is literally <1%. Manning somehow didnt get sacked which is a miracle in itself considering he had hands holding his jersey and on him. Than he chucks it up where the DB is allready looking fully back and its basically a jump ball for it with 3 other DBs within 5-10 yards all around it.

I think Eli is an average QB but somehow in both those superbowls he was able to pull off two drives at the very end to win. One because of the miracle catch and the most recent because of a great sideline throw deep.

kearly

Reaction score
Their two over-rated picks were terrible. The 2007 Pats are by DVOA the NFL best team to take the field since at least 1989, and as the article itself points out, the Pats dropped a gift interception that would have won the game and of course suffered the helmet catch by a terrible WR who would be out of the league two years later. And the tuck rule may have been the "correct call", but it still decided the game and is probably the worst rule the NFL has ever had. Not to mention, Oakland imploded just two seasons later and was never the same again.

I loved their under-rated picks though.