Offensive and Defensive rookie of the year prediction.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Defense, CJ Mosely, Ravens.
Offense, Bishop Sankey, Titans.

Your guesses?

Subzero717

Reaction score
Manziel. I know. Easy. Heres why. The north isnt what it was on defense. Watkins and Evans would be my other choices but Bills have no qb and Tampa has a career back up with V-Jax and other weapons. Im rooting for Teddy.

Clowney. They have studs in Houston and you cant double every one. If he plays with any passion its on like Kong.

kearly

Reaction score
Clowney.

Manziel.

Also, it will be Denver and Seattle in the Super Bowl again.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Mack and Benjamin. Both will put up the stats. Mack in tackles and Benjamin in TDs as a #1 option/red zone machine.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
kearly":2n9ju312 said:
Clowney.

Manziel.

Denver's gotta be a long shot. First, they have to bounce back from that drubbing. Second, they face the NFCW this year and that's going to beat the crap outta Manning. They're not securing HFA this season.

Then again, maybe not so long odds. Afterall, other than New England, who is there in the AFC? I think we face the Pats this time around. Passing of the guard, one dynasty to the next.

Subzero717

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2rqg796u said:
kearly":2rqg796u said:
Clowney.

Manziel.

Denver's gotta be a long shot. First, they have to bounce back from that drubbing. Second, they face the NFCW this year and that's going to beat the crap outta Manning. They're not securing HFA this season.

Then again, maybe not so long odds. Afterall, other than New England, who is there in the AFC? I think we face the Pats this time around. Passing of the guard, one dynasty to the next.

Denver also made a bunch of FA signings to help. Pats added but their offense is still Brady and ..........

Galen96

Reaction score
kearly":ku35bk7k said:
Clowney.

Manziel.

I don't understand the Manziel love... The kid throws up prayers and had guys to go up and get them... I think there is way too much speed on NFL defenses to let him get away with that. I see a LOT of interceptions in his future. I totally agree on Clowney. There is just way too much talent to not be a star.

so
Clowney
Bridgewater

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":pmwbkg6k said:
Bridgewater on offense.
Agree. His TD to Int ratio was as awesome as Wilson's was his senior year. Tells me he sees the field and makes good decisions on where and when to throw the ball. Norv will design his offense to be a nearly pure West Coast type to offset Teddy's marginal deep ball arm strength.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Some of you may be right, but this class of QBs is a big fat zero IMO. I wonder if any will even start from day 1.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Galen96":gp6s5rm6 said:
kearly":gp6s5rm6 said:
Clowney.

Manziel.

I don't understand the Manziel love... The kid throws up prayers and had guys to go up and get them... I think there is way too much speed on NFL defenses to let him get away with that. I see a LOT of interceptions in his future. I totally agree on Clowney. There is just way too much talent to not be a star.

so
Clowney
Bridgewater

Watch some Manziel tape outside of the Bama highlights.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Whomever the stupid media darlings are of this year's draft. As with Luck and Kuechly, their names got them in.

ctrcat

Reaction score
^ Luck wasn't rookie of the year. Right or wrong RG3 was. Luck has never won an award or championship of any worth to my knowledge.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Bridgewater and Clowney

If Manziel was in Minn. I'd take him but I am hesitant to pick the sadness factory of the NFL.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ctrcat":3di4u16a said:
^ Luck wasn't rookie of the year. Right or wrong RG3 was. Luck has never won an award or championship of any worth to my knowledge.
Whoops, you're right. My bad. The philosophy still holds true, though; the other media golden boy won it.

Subzero717

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":mk1opryr said:
ctrcat":mk1opryr said:
Whoops, you're right. My bad. The philosophy still holds true, though; the other media golden boy won it.

It was actually a fairly close vote between them. I dont see rg3 being the media darling. They crushed him last year. Kuechly winning DPOY last year, that was a joke and a half.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3i18wijw said:
It was actually a fairly close vote between them. I dont see rg3 being the media darling. They crushed him last year. Kuechly winning DPOY last year, that was a joke and a half.
They crushed RGKnee last year, but not his rookie year, that's for sure. Media love for Luck in 2012: 9.9/10. Media love for RGKnee in 2012: 9.2/10. Media love for Wilson in 2012: Who?

kearly

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2ky37wfh said:

I think Denver goes 3-1 vs. the NFC West. Seattle is the only team with the secondary to give Manning issues. If all you have is pass rush, it doesn't matter how good it is, Manning will erase it with his quick reads.

With the additions made this offseason, this is going to be the best team Denver has ever had. And the AFC outside of Denver is nothing but a bunch uninspiring pretenders, barring a shocking and sudden breakout by a team like the Browns or Bengals.

The Broncos are going to be rooting so hard against the Seahawks all season long, especially in the playoffs. I suspect the Seahawks are the only team in the league that can dominate the Broncos at will.

kearly

Reaction score
Galen96":1034irbp said:

You should ask Pete Carroll. He gushes about Manziel every chance he gets.

My take, he will throw more picks in the pros, and if asked to be something he's not he will fail. But I don't see a guy who throws up prayers, I see a guy that trusts his WRs and who generally uses his legs to buy time. Like Wilson his lack of stature and scrambling will make him miss open reads for big plays. But he'll make so many big plays regardless that nobody will really care.

His speed isn't on the same level as Wilson/Kaepernick/RG3, but he's decently close to Newton/Luck for speed, and he might the best player I've ever seen at any position for making a guy miss when he runs directly at him. It's as if he's some kind of hypnotist or illusionist when he's running the football.

His leadership and innate QB talents are rare good. Even when he has a bad game, which is rare, I've never seen him doubt himself. I know this sounds cliche, but the ability to never doubt is a very rare quality and is a common trait among the best QBs of all time. There are so many QBs in the league right now who could be more than they are, but are held back by self-doubt. Having that "never doubt" trait is pretty big in my book, especially when you can pair that with off the charts innate talent.

Also, if Manziel does succeed in the NFL he will succeed quickly, like Wilson did. He's a pass / fail prospect, not a developmental guy. Sure, he needs to learn the playbook and all that, but he's had the finer points of the game down since high school. So if he does pan out in the NFL, I'd say his chances of RoY are extremely high.

I like Bridgewater but the way he lacks presence reminds me of Geno Smith. I think Bridgewater is a pass / fail guy too and a decent pick for RoY, but I feel better about Manziel passing due to his elite on-field intangibles and feel for the game.