No charges for Aldon Smith over bomb threat

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Basis4day":10claci7 said:
It worked out for Lynch.
Yeah, blowing exactly the legal limit driving home is the same as crashing your SUV into some guy's tree and passing out behind the wheel, and making cracks about bombs in an airport. :roll: Are you for real? (Also, I'm not saying Marshawn should just be let off the hook for that, but these situations are not remotely comparable.)

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":144knri4 said:
Jesus Christ, this dude must have nine legal lives. I'm starting to wonder if authorities in the Bay area ever go after ANY celebrities/athletes.

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/p ... 5868615723

LOL. Yeah, because peeps in LA just LOVE SF sports.

This was in LA dude, not in the Bay Area. Aldon told the team that he never said bomb and it would appear by the lack of charges that there is no evidence otherwise.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Whoops, I forgot that this happened in L.A. My mistake. Well, with Hollywood there, I guess I'm not surprised that nothing will happen; but it's still annoying that he seems to be getting away with EVERYTHING he has done, damnit.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Marvin49":vvqt7zgq said:
RolandDeschain":vvqt7zgq said:
Jesus Christ, this dude must have nine legal lives. I'm starting to wonder if authorities in the Bay area ever go after ANY celebrities/athletes.

This was in LA dude, not in the Bay Area. Aldon told the team that he never said bomb and it would appear by the lack of charges that there is no evidence otherwise.

Now that the Niners are decent they are on the wagon.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
So if we're the Seadderal Cheathawks does that make them the SF 49-lifers?

Marvin49

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":9x1tfv4p said:
Marvin49":9x1tfv4p said:
RolandDeschain":9x1tfv4p said:

Now that the Niners are decent they are on the wagon.

Clearly you don't know about the hatred between no cal and so cal.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":qwjl2j7l said:
Whoops, I forgot that this happened in L.A. My mistake. Well, with Hollywood there, I guess I'm not surprised that nothing will happen; but it's still annoying that he seems to be getting away with EVERYTHING he has done, damnit.

Well, I wouldn't call pleading no contest to 4 felonies "nothing".

He probably won't serve jail time though and will serve some sort of a suspension.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":33hglcy9 said:

He probably won't serve jail time though and will serve some sort of a suspension.
It's nothing until it's something. I'm waiting to see what's actually going to be done to him.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Did anyone actually believe that the guy would be charged? I am shocked that it took them more than a day to figure it out.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":17220j4e said:
Marvin49":17220j4e said:

It's nothing until it's something. I'm waiting to see what's actually going to be done to him.

It was 3 felonies and 2 misdemeanors and I still think the guy sees some minimal time. Max 30 days. It was 3 felonies, textbook violations. No deal? No conversations. There is no clause for stupidity or playing the "I didn't know it was illegal" card.

Yes, we all know that it is Aldon Smith, super hero of the public eye, he will get nothing remotely resembling a normal sentencing.

Any normal person that does the same and pleads no contest gets no less than a year, at least 3 months per firearm and that is for first timers with a clean record. For Smith to simply plead no contest and get nothing but probation would be a kick in face to those serving right now for having a high capacity mag. The judge already found Smith guilty on all counts, will consider the rehab a wash for the DUIs, but has to address the felonies with something. There are no special circumstances. Suspended sentence? Likely. I get it, the judge doesn't want the Niners missing out on Smith's availability.

Of course it is the local magistrate and the same system that didn't charge Brooks for smashing a beer bottle over someone's head.

Of course, if Smith doesn't receive any time, Goodell will likely enforce a greater suspension. 3 felonies? Just remember what Roethlisgroper got after not even being charged.

Brahn

Reaction score
Guilty until proven innocent.. followed by guilty even tho found innocent. Thus the World we live in today.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Explain something guys.... Browner gets indefinite suspension for not taking the drug tests and maybe guilty once. Things that will not effect others. Alden is caught with illegal guns, may have called out bomb in an airport and a few other things and he gets nothing? I am having trouble with Goodell and the rest of the "higher ups" in the NFL on stuff like this.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Kixkahn":ah8otiid said:
Explain something guys.... Browner gets indefinite suspension for not taking the drug tests and maybe guilty once. Things that will not effect others. Alden is caught with illegal guns, may have called out bomb in an airport and a few other things and he gets nothing? I am having trouble with Goodell and the rest of the "higher ups" in the NFL on stuff like this.

That's just the legal system. Aldon hasn't faced the Goodell music yet. Actually he hasn't faced the legal music either. Most think that he won't get any time at all, but I'm a little different that way. Because I am a guns guy that goes to gun forums I know how Cali treats guys with just ONE possession charge. Of course Aldon will get nothing comparable, but I think he gets something.

I hate the Cali laws, it shouldn't even be a law, but it is. In any case I am positive that Goodell is just waiting to see if Aldon Smith's suspension is handled by the court by incarceration. If not, Rog will lay it down.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Kixkahn":3kcc57tx said:

Well, as Loaf pointed out, Aldon hasn't faced the commish yet.

Also, PED tests (or not taking the test) is expressly addressed in the CBA. IE, there's no debate. You do it, you do the time.

With legal issues its much more grey. There is no "You did that, you get this" expressly written out.

That doesn't mean there is no punishment coming, it just means its not cut and dry and will be up to the commish.

My guess he'll be more lenient because PED rules are written into the CBA because it's addressing the issue of cheating within the sport. IE, the entire process is a league matter and something they govern. Legal issues outside the lines reflect badly on the team and will prompt "protect the shield" type behavior, but there is a separate body to govern the players actions off the field. Its called the legal system. It also isn't cheating.

I want to be clear...I'm not making any accusations of cheating or saying that cheating is somehow worse than Aldons offenses. I'm simply addressing the difference in how things may be viewed by the league office and the punishments doled out.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Brahn":1n74hv34 said:
Guilty until proven innocent.. followed by guilty even tho found innocent. Thus the World we live in today.
Finding someone innocent is WORLDS apart from not convicting them. Plus, let's get real, here; we KNOW Aldon Smith crashed his damn SUV into a tree while drunk as hell. :roll: