Should see Hawks trade for Andre Johnson?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't see us being able to afford him.

Honestly, I think these guys are so confused by what Pete and John do that they just figure they'll be a possible landing spot for anyone and everyone

Steve2222

Reaction score
Carolina would be absolutely stupid not to be the highest bidders for his services. They have no playmakers at all surrounding Cam.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
kidhawk":1t76zvpe said:
I don't see us being able to afford him.

Honestly, I think these guys are so confused by what Pete and John do that they just figure they'll be a possible landing spot for anyone and everyone

I think its just that we're top of the heap, so any links to us is going to generate the most interest.

its a good thing.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I would be stunned if Seattle was an actual player in this situation. A) They already spent a fortune on Percy and locked up Doug. I think they like the flexibility the rookies provide and Kearse, Lockette are making minimal salaries.

I just don't see any way that they'd go for that. They seem much more interested in developing their younger players and rewarding those who've performed for the team.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I don't even think WR is a weakness on this team. I'm thrilled with what we have.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Absent a restructure i don't see it happening. Johnson is due a 10-11 million base the next three years plus a 1 million roster bonus.

Hawks have an estimated $7,932,706 in cap space next year. Johnson on the roster would instantly be the 2nd or third highest cap charge on the team.

OP
OP
Birdfinger

Birdfinger

Reaction score
Johnson has always been a player that I've admired and respected both on and off the field. I would love to have him here. That said, his contract would most likely need to be re negotiated to be more Seahawks friendly.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I love AJ as a player.
Him and JJ are both great guys in my book.

I say no, to your ?
He is due a lot of $$, and I don't think we gain enough to justify the expenditure.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I assume Houston would want multiple 1st rounders, so no. Johnson is 31 and entering his often injured phase.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He's not a necessary piece for this offense. And with the tighter budget this year, I don't see us springing for an expensive luxury like this.

I think the Hawks are just happy to be adding Percy Harvin. They see him as basically a new addition to the offense this year.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vbvo5x5 said:
I assume Houston would want multiple 1st rounders, so no. Johnson is 31 and entering his often injured phase.

Entering? His health has always been a question mark. Considering how people here treat Harvin and Ricw, I can only hope Seattle passes.

A

Anonymous

Largent80":toowsu8x said:
We had a thread on this s while back. My answer was no then and still is.

I agree, on both counts.

:thcoffee:

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3foqwmtk said:

There's no way in hell at his age he'd net multiple 1st...........though there are a lot of dumb teams out there.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
How about we trade Harvin and a spare OL to Cleveland for Joe Thomas and then sign AJ?