Golden Tate is a bitter, bitter man

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Continues to go out of his way to bash the Hawks every chance he gets.

“I hated being tackled [last year] because I didn’t know when my next ball was going to come. I have a chance to catch more balls and make Pro Bowls,” Tate said, via MLive.com.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/14/golden-tate-the-skys-the-limit-in-detroit/

"I would definitely say Matt Stafford's balls get there way quicker (than Russell Wilson's). I like Stafford's touch," Tate said. "He can place a ball wherever he wants. ... There's going to be small windows and guys there ready to hit you."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...en-tate-plans-to-catch-a-ton-more-balls-in-14

It's not that he's wrong. Everything he is saying is most likely right. It just really seems like he goes out of his way to compare to the Seahawks and make backhanded jabs at the Hawks. It feels like there is a new article like this every couple weeks since he left.

And then there's this gem...

I think if I can stay healthy, God forbid, it’s going to be fun.

So, Golden...you want God to forbid you from staying healthy?

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1e4ifrwv said:

“I hated being tackled [last year] because I didn’t know when my next ball was going to come. I have a chance to catch more balls and make Pro Bowls,” Tate said, via MLive.com.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/14/golden-tate-the-skys-the-limit-in-detroit/

"I would definitely say Matt Stafford's balls get there way quicker (than Russell Wilson's). I like Stafford's touch," Tate said. "He can place a ball wherever he wants. ... There's going to be small windows and guys there ready to hit you."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...en-tate-plans-to-catch-a-ton-more-balls-in-14

It's not that he's wrong. Everything he is saying is most likely right. It just really seems like he goes out of his way to compare to the Seahawks and make backhanded jabs at the Hawks. It feels like there is a new article like this every couple weeks since he left.

He has only played for one other professional franchise. It stands to reason he would compare his new team to the Hawks. It's not like these are the only things he said, just what a journalist finds appealing and what quotes stand out. He's getting interviewed so he answers the questions as asked.

If his answers are most likely right then what is the problem? He doesn't need to get down on his knees and praise the Seahawks in every interview does he?

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":14xmtg3a said:
I'll be drafting Golden this year in the later rounds if I can.
yup. a solid WR4 imo
I think Golden is right about most of the things, but to say Stafford has better touch than Wilson and can place it better than Russ is ridonculous.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Basis4day":1rngd7wh said:
If his answers are most likely right then what is the problem? He doesn't need to get down on his knees and praise the Seahawks in every interview does he?

No he doesnt. But how many of the free agents we have brought in spend time talking about their old teams like this? How many of the guys that leave talk about the Seahawks like this?

He is going out of his way and doing it often. That's why it has gotten annoying to me. Especially since he praised everything about the Seahawks until they didn't offer him the amount of money he wanted. Then his tune changed.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
HawkFan72":330zi9ml said:

Dude hasn't played in a single game with Detroit or contact practice, and he's already making these claims?

I hope these comments come back to bite him.

Jville

Reaction score
Lions fans are the obvious audience for Tate's targeted comments. I would think they were well received in Detroit.

I hear no bitterness in Tate's comments.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Of course Tate's going to talk up his new QB.

Kevin Williams talked about how crappy Christian Ponder was, IIRC, when he talked about why he came here.

Eh, look, Tate is actually really hurt that Seattle didn't want him back that badly, but this stuff is the type of stuff most players say about their new teams. Also, Lions fans are generally cool, so if Tate helps them think that Stafford is definitely better with touch and accuracy than Russell Wilson, let 'em have that.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1kxwhtos said:

To be fair, whether his comments are backhanded jabs or not, the reason he was talking about the Hawks in this instance was because he was asked of them. He was on First Take this morning and they asked him the differences between Wilson & Stafford, why he picked Detroit,etc. I'm sure the way he said his comments have a bit to do with the questions he was asked. Also, the first thing he said when asked to compare Wilson & Stafford was "They both throw pretty balls" and then he went to go talk up his QB (and all he said was Stafford gets the ball there quicker) which obviously I don't blame him for.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Only having one team to compare to makes a lot of difference. He probably has only seen the earlier camp and has a TINY bit of experience there. He will learn how to approach his situation differently in the future. I would hope he has an agent that can "Coach" him up on his terminology. Roland, are you available??? :mrgreen:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's just business Golden, nothing less, nothing more. You were part of a championship team and we thank you for your contribution. Enjoy your ring.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3q2fpvhj said:
Pro Bowls over Super Bowls. Probably why he is gone. That and if you buy the rumors????
He got the ring. I don't fault him, or any player, that pursues money once they've got a ring.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3li9cd5l said:
Basis4day":3li9cd5l said:

No he doesnt. But how many of the free agents we have brought in spend time talking about their old teams like this? How many of the guys that leave talk about the Seahawks like this?

He is going out of his way and doing it often. That's why it has gotten annoying to me. Especially since he praised everything about the Seahawks until they didn't offer him the amount of money he wanted. Then his tune changed.
It's his guilt for being an adulterer and a prick. He ruined a marriage. Now his guilt makes him try to hate to rationalize what a crap person he is.

chris98251

Reaction score
Stafford isn't garbage, he takes risks with the ball, something Wilson is explicitly told not to do, a WR may have more touches with a slinger but they are also going to get clobbered more as well. Remember Farve was a dilemma, he would win you games with heroic efforts, but also would take risks that drove his coaches nuts and had some turnovers due to them. You want to look at a QB simular to Wilson I think of Bob Greise as far as ball control and taking chances, Wilson moves like Tarkenton but his head is a lot like Greise. Greise also had a ok running game behind him in Kiick, Morris and some buy with a funny spelt name Czonka that was beastmode before Skittles were invented I think.

Tate is a talker, has been since we picked him up, he is now on a team that talks a whole lot and has an attitude that has yet to back it up. They have put the team on Staffords and Johnsons back on offense, Tate is simply talking about what he thinks will happen, lets see if he can get open against real time contact, Stafford won't throw it somewhere thats going to get a pick when he has Johnson that has proven he can get open.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":224kvxas said:
Pro Bowls over Super Bowls. Probably why he is gone. That and if you buy the rumors????

He can play in the Pro Bowl next season...... :mrgreen:

jdblack

Reaction score
HawkFan72":29sugoeu said:
...Especially since he praised everything about the Seahawks until they didn't offer him the amount of money he wanted. Then his tune changed.

His tune changing also coincided with CHANGING TEAMS. Get off his nuts, he's supposed to be loyal to his new team.