49ers stadium share, please happen

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Better yet, the Raiders should build a stadium in San Francisco to become the real SF team.

Marvin49

Reaction score
MB12":1z7qetrm said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/17/goodell-suggests-levis-stadium-as-option-for-raiders/

Imagine if they had to share :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :49ersmall:

?

You realize that if that happens the 49ers would just get richer, right? The Raiders would be tenants and would have to pay the stadium authority for the right to play there. Who's the stadium Authority? The 49ers and the city of Santa Clara. Why do you think Mark Davis doesn't want to go there?

Hell, the stadium was built with 2 home locker rooms for this exact purpose (3 locker rooms total).

If the Raiders end up playing at Levis, the 49ers will start printing money.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3jaasw0o said:
Better yet, the Raiders should build a stadium in San Francisco to become the real SF team.

Well that will never happen.

No place to build it. If that were an option the Niners never would have moved.

OP
OP
M

MB12

Reaction score
Marvin49":2bebk8b5 said:
MB12":2bebk8b5 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/17/goodell-suggests-levis-stadium-as-option-for-raiders/

Imagine if they had to share :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :49ersmall:

?

You realize that if that happens the 49ers would just get richer, right? The Raiders would be tenants and would have to pay the stadium authority for the right to play there. Who's the stadium Authority? The 49ers and the city of Santa Clara. Why do you think Mark Davis doesn't want to go there?

Hell, the stadium was built with 2 home locker rooms for this exact purpose (3 locker rooms total).

Yes, It would just amuse me to see Raiders V Niners in a shared stadium :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
MB12":2worx06f said:
Marvin49":2worx06f said:
MB12":2worx06f said:

?

You have fun with that.

I'd enjoy the 49ers become one of the richest teams in the NFL (and right now, even without a second team, they are set to profit about 100 mil more PER YEAR than they were before).

I'd crack up watching Raider fans sit in red seats that have molded SF logos on them.

LOL.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So when they left the stadium, there would be an S on one buttcheek and a F on the other???? I dont understand. :twisted: :stirthepot:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Why would Seahawk fans care how much the Niners make, Marvin? As long as there is a salary cap, and the Niners aren't doing a little bidness under the table. Again.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2zctt75a said:
Why would Seahawk fans care how much the Niners make, Marvin? As long as there is a salary cap, and the Niners aren't doing a little bidness under the table. Again.

Just sayin....Not sure why it would be a bad thing.

A team with tons of cash is a good thing...just ask Paul Allen. Private jets for Free Agent visits, Tons of money for coaches, GMs, etc. With that much money, you can have the most expensive assistant coaches as well. Player salaries aren't the only thing you can spend money on.

I would welcome Raider fans just because it would be funny as hell to see them play home games in a stadium with a huge SF logo made of brick and concrete in Gate A. LOL.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin,

Why aren't they giving Harbaugh an extension yet, with all that expected revenue.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2tw5mm7w said:
Marvin,

Why aren't they giving Harbaugh an extension yet, with all that expected revenue.

To quote Jed York on the radio yesterday...

In a nutshell, he said the thing he likes most about Jim is that he is willing to bet on himself. He doesn't get nervous because things aren't settled.

They could sign him to an extension tomorrow for more money than he's making now, but Harbaugh doesn't have a prob trying to win a ring to secure an even larger contract.

My guess is it gets done next year. He still has 2 full years left on the contract.

chris98251

Reaction score
Are their plans to use the current Site of Candlestick for something else? If not rebuild a Stadium there and the Raiders stay in Oakland for a couple years more.

Also this would trigger a partnership with one of the groups that want a LA stadium I would assume, at least discussions, Marc Davis may continue his Fathers legacy of bucking the NFL to get his own venue and Market, I can't see them wanting to be beholding to the S.C. 49ers for anything and watch them brag up the bay area while the Raiders pay to play.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":286qm8xi said:
hawknation2014":286qm8xi said:

Never say never. The Warriors recently found a space to build their new arena in SF. One idea for the Raiders might be to convince Lennar Corp. to demolish Candlestick and build a new stadium there. That would be a win-win for them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MB12":2s288jwp said:
Marvin49":2s288jwp said:
MB12":2s288jwp said:

?

Same fans, niner fans would just have to wash their raider jerseys more often! 8)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":3tijiac1 said:
?

What are you getting at, Marvin? I don't care how rich the 49ers get, they won't be within a thousand miles of Paul Allen's checkbook. As long as the 49ers don't cheat the salary cap to get another Super Bowl win like they did in 1994, I could not care less how much money they accrue.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":x2xeo63p said:
Marvin49":x2xeo63p said:
?

What are you getting at, Marvin? I don't care how rich the 49ers get, they won't be within a thousand miles of Paul Allen's checkbook. As long as the 49ers don't cheat the salary cap to get another Super Bowl win like they did in 1994, I could not care less how much money they accrue.
THIS!

Subzero717

Reaction score
How is leasing a stadium they dont soley own going to give them the ability to print money? Its not microsoft stock.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":14u33049 said:
Are their plans to use the current Site of Candlestick for something else? If not rebuild a Stadium there and the Raiders stay in Oakland for a couple years more.

Also this would trigger a partnership with one of the groups that want a LA stadium I would assume, at least discussions, Marc Davis may continue his Fathers legacy of bucking the NFL to get his own venue and Market, I can't see them wanting to be beholding to the S.C. 49ers for anything and watch them brag up the bay area while the Raiders pay to play.

It's going to be demolished and replaced with a big housing project. If the Niners had stated there, they would have worked the stadium into the project. The problem is that the plan would have required construction of the worlds largest parking garage and would have put fans in a construction zone for the better part of a decade. The city then tried to push the naval shipyard, but it has ZERO freeway access and required construction of a bridge

The site isn't viable. That's the reason the 49ers moved to SC to begin with.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":290mpxqj said:
Marvin49":290mpxqj said:
hawknation2014":290mpxqj said:

Never say never. The Warriors recently found a space to build their new arena in SF. One idea for the Raiders might be to convince Lennar Corp. to demolish Candlestick and build a new stadium there. That would be a win-win for them.

Warriors require much, much, much less space.

As for the Candlestick site, Lennar already tried that with the 49ers. If it were viable, the 49ers would still be there. The current site of the Coliseum is a far better option with much more space. What to do with the As and how to fund the construction are the problem there.

No way are the Raiders moving to SF...unless they move into Candlestick temporarily

Latest posts