Joe Staley Extended....

Marvin49

Reaction score
Only mention it because it surprised me with Boone and Vernon looking for new contracts...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 1m
49ers announced they have signed T Joe Staley to a two-year contract extension through the 2019 season.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3intnkn3 said:
Marvin49":3intnkn3 said:
Only mention it because it surprised me with Boone and Vernon looking for new contracts...

49ers announced they have signed T Joe Staley to a two-year contract extension through the 2019 season.

Yeah, not sure what message they're trying to send here. Without Boone, that line takes a step back for sure. Vernon has sort of pussied-out on his hold out, but man, this is a tumultuous off season for the niners, is it not? Aldon, Bowman, secondary questions, Crabtree is a bitch, Kaep and his crazy woman stuff down in Florida, Boone, Vernon, Harbaugh not getting extended, Seahawks won the bowl, we're a much better team top to bottom than the you guys......the list is almost endless.

I'll just leave a lot of that alone...

...but yeah...I'm ready for this offseason to end. :D

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":12agx1x7 said:
This is a message to Boone. "Get into camp like Staley will, and we might do this for you too."

Exactly. Boone deserves more money though. Can't blame him.

Vernon? Not so much.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
At least Vernon still tries to make catches and achieve forward progress with the Kamtrak bearing down on him, which is more than I can say for I'm Jimmy® and Demaryius Thomas.

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":2swsk3lh said:
peachesenregalia":2swsk3lh said:
Marvin49":2swsk3lh said:

Yeah, not sure what message they're trying to send here. Without Boone, that line takes a step back for sure. Vernon has sort of pussied-out on his hold out, but man, this is a tumultuous off season for the niners, is it not? Aldon, Bowman, secondary questions, Crabtree is a bitch, Kaep and his crazy woman stuff down in Florida, Boone, Vernon, Harbaugh not getting extended, Seahawks won the bowl, we're a much better team top to bottom than the you guys......the list is almost endless.

I'll just leave a lot of that alone...

...but yeah...I'm ready for this offseason to end. :D

Ya but I won't. It's been a hell of an off season. And I also am extremely ready to just get to football. I usually don't argue or cause waves. But the above points while valid were presented as classless and attacking. It lacked intelligence or any bit of maturity. To call a player that does a job that NONE of us could handle a "bitch" is completely acting like some of the Niner fans you are always complaining about.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rlkats":3ehbvpmg said:
Ya but I won't. It's been a hell of an off season. And I also am extremely ready to just get to football. I usually don't argue or cause waves. But the above points while valid were presented as classless and attacking. It lacked intelligence or any bit of maturity. To call a player that does a job that NONE of us could handle a "bitch" is completely acting like some of the Niner fans you are always complaining about.

Besides, it really isn't Crabtree that is the bitch. It is Papaki. :mrgreen:

The Niners stuff isn't as bad as all that and Boone+VD will be in camp and playing. The only thing Papaki was doing wrong im the hotel room was hitting the bong (and why haven't Lock, Papaki and Patton been tested yet? )

The Aldon stuff is bad, but it is getting buried anyways by the Bay Area courts. It will have an impact on the field if Smith misses any games but only because Bowman is out. That doesn't help the fresh secondary. Staley is the anchor, extending him was important, more than giving Boone money and they know VD will report.

rlkats

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":38redq36 said:
rlkats":38redq36 said:

Besides, it really isn't Crabtree that is the bitch. It is Papaki. :mrgreen:

The Niners stuff isn't as bad as all that and Boone+VD will be in camp and playing. The only thing Papaki was doing wrong im the hotel room was hitting the bong (and why haven't Lock, Papaki and Patton been tested yet? )

The Aldon stuff is bad, but it is getting buried anyways by the Bay Area courts. It will have an impact on the field if Smith misses any games but only because Bowman is out. That doesn't help the fresh secondary. Staley is the anchor, extending him was important, more than giving Boone money and they know VD will report.

I'm actually not really finding myself what adults that act like idiots as all that have been listed are and have done. Next man up. Ya there will be growing pains and a few loses. But at the end of the day football is what I love to watch not a bunch of dip shits act up in the off season. The media is way to much into causing scandal. I understand that it sells.

rlkats

Reaction score
Also I think Aldon is finished for a while I just don't see any other way.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rlkats":2rhwhagu said:
I want to see him go to the pokey and kick some ass. How'd you like to see some prison idiot Raider freak try to corner Smith? All someone would have to do is say "HUT-HUT" really loud and Smith would run him over.

rlkats

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":soyazr6v said:
rlkats":soyazr6v said:
I want to see him go to the pokey and kick some ass. How'd you like to see some prison idiot Raider freak try to corner Smith? All someone would have to do is say "HUT-HUT" really loud and Smith would run him over.

Lol funny as hell

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Good move on the Niners part. Staley is a stud workhorse. His contract was really bad from the player perspective. It is the kind of contract I can see Seattle generating for a player who vastly outperforms what was a 6 year 'show me' kind of contract.

Taking care of the players that produce. That's a winning formula. SF is doing it the right way.

jdblack

Reaction score
rlkats":3ttc05lx said:
I'm actually not really finding myself what adults that act like idiots as all that have been listed are and have done.

Anyone else read this sentence 5+ times?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
jdblack":3krykec4 said:
rlkats":3krykec4 said:
I'm actually not really finding myself what adults that act like idiots as all that have been listed are and have done.

Anyone else read this sentence 5+ times?

....and understand what it means????? :mrgreen: