Ray Rice suspended for 2 games

ManBunts

Reaction score
Amazing. A guy can beat a woman and get two games, or he can smoke pot and get banned for a season. Gotta love the NFL's priorities.

I wonder what Aldon Smith gets. SHOULD be half the season based on everything. Probably will be 2 games as well

Cartire

Reaction score
ManBunts":30nvjiri said:
Amazing. A guy can beat a woman and get two games, or he can smoke pot and get banned for a season. Gotta love the NFL's priorities.

I wonder what Aldon Smith gets. SHOULD be half the season based on everything. Probably will be 2 games as well

He'll get 1 game only. Bet on it. They'll site his "Voluntary" suspension and rehab for why its so low.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ManBunts":3lmc644v said:

What Aldon should or should not get is debatable...

...but I really don't get how PED and Weed gets you 4 games minimum and beating your girlfriend unconscious gets you 2.

Uh, wha?

youngchew

Reaction score
Oh Goodell, you're such an idiot. Josh tokes, misses the season. Rice chokes, misses two games.

#GoodellLogic :pukeface:

ManBunts

Reaction score
Cartire":s65xuec0 said:
ManBunts":s65xuec0 said:

He'll get 1 game only. Bet on it. They'll site his "Voluntary" suspension and rehab for why its so low.

Oh my god that killed me last season. He goes into voluntary rehab during the weakest part of his team's schedule and it's all hunky dory? And presumably that's what got Rice such a gentle slap on the wrist as well, meeting with Goodell ahead of time and going through a program. Basically what the NFL is saying is: "come clean, save us the work, and we're cool". Love it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ManBunts":3nc307tn said:
Cartire":3nc307tn said:
ManBunts":3nc307tn said:

Oh my god that killed me last season. He goes into voluntary rehab during the weakest part of his team's schedule and it's all hunky dory? And presumably that's what got Rice such a gentle slap on the wrist as well, meeting with Goodell ahead of time and going through a program. Basically what the NFL is saying is: "come clean, save us the work, and we're cool". Love it.

oi.

Such horsesh*t.

1) Aldon went into rehab when the team was 1-2.
2) Rams SWEPT the 49ers in 2012. They didn't view this as a "gimme".
3) Texans were one of the best teams in the NFL in 2012.
4) The Cards went 10-6 last year.
5) Titans...meh.
6) Jags...well yeah...they suck.

Peeps paint his time in rehab as "convenient". LOL. That's laughable. They were 1-2 and reeling...already 2 games behind Seattle. They won 5 in a row, but they didn't KNOW they were going to do that.

As for "Hunky Dory ", what exactly do you think players do when they are suspended? They sit around playing X-Box. Aldon was in a treatment facility. Going to rehab is HARDER than any suspension he would have faced, not easier.

As the commissioner put it, "the goal is to correct the behavior, not to punish". THAT is why rehab will be considered. It SHOULD be considered.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1dw11hms said:
ManBunts":1dw11hms said:

...but I really don't get how PED and Weed gets you 4 games minimum and beating your girlfriend unconscious gets you 2.

Uh, wha?
Not really.

5 misdemeanor convictions DUIx2 and Possession of banned firearm x3. The DUI's could be erased by 5 weeks voluntary, leaving the other 3.. So 1 game per offense on the light side? That is 3 games. Which means that Goodell will be doing some knob slobbing and talking about how it is not about discipline for Aldrool, giving him game checks back and no suspensions, but then have Browner miss the last 4 games of 2013 and the first 4 for 2014 when he didn't even do anything illegal.

Do the math and remember, this is about what is good for Aldumb. I'm sure he is learning his lesson right now.

Cartire

Reaction score
Marvin49":14k8toqz said:
ManBunts":14k8toqz said:
Cartire":14k8toqz said:
ManBunts":14k8toqz said:

As for "Hunky Dory ", what exactly do you think players do when they are suspended? They sit around playing X-Box. Aldon was in a treatment facility. Going to rehab is HARDER than any suspension he would have faced, not easier.

As the commissioner put it, "the goal is to correct the behavior, not to punish". THAT is why rehab will be considered. It SHOULD be considered.

hahahah. Wait, you think Star Athletes go to a hard rehab center? They basically go to a resort with no booze. Get credit for attending a rehab center, and then move on.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":24e2vddk said:
Marvin49":24e2vddk said:
ManBunts":24e2vddk said:

Uh, wha?
Not really.

5 misdemeanor convictions DUIx2 and Possession of banned firearm x3. The DUI's could be erased by 5 weeks voluntary, leaving the other 3.. So 1 game per offense on the light side? That is 3 games. Which means that Goodell will be doing some knob slobbing and talking about how it is not about discipline for Aldrool, giving him game checks back and no suspensions, but then have Browner miss the last 4 games of 2013 and the first 4 for 2014 when he didn't even do anything illegal.

Do the math and remember, this is about what is good for Aldumb. I'm sure he is learning his lesson right now.

I'm not sure what the suspension will be. I'm just saying I disagree with "it should be half the season".

Hell, if beating your girlfriend unconscious gets you 2 games...

Marvin49

Reaction score
Cartire":38r3l48v said:
Marvin49":38r3l48v said:
ManBunts":38r3l48v said:
Cartire":38r3l48v said:

hahahah. Wait, you think Star Athletes go to a hard rehab center? They basically go to a resort with no booze. Get credit for attending a rehab center, and then move on.

...and what would he have been doing had he been suspended? They key here is MISSING GAMES...which he already did. 5 of them.

Cartire

Reaction score
Marvin49":3de7s6jf said:
Cartire":3de7s6jf said:
Marvin49":3de7s6jf said:

...and what would he have been doing had he been suspended? They key here is MISSING GAMES...which he already did. 5 of them.

If he was suspended for the 5 games without rehab, he would have just gone to a resort with booze. Not much of a difference. Depends on how high-pri booze is for you.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The day a pro athlete checks into Schick Shadel in Seattle instead of one of a million swanky rehab facilities all around California, I'll believe that he or she truly wants to rehabilitate.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Cartire":2wu82u4v said:
Marvin49":2wu82u4v said:
Cartire":2wu82u4v said:
Marvin49":2wu82u4v said:

If he was suspended for the 5 games without rehab, he would have just gone to a resort with booze. Not much of a difference. Depends on how high-pri booze is for you.

OK...then why SHOULDN'T the 5 games count toward the suspension?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":1yyv3oot said:
If I steal a million dollars from Bank of America, get caught, then just hand the money back, I shouldn't be convicted of anything. Right?

You want to know why it shouldn't count? It's a false gesture of a move, if he cared about not being an alcoholic in the first place this never would have happened.

Cartire

Reaction score
Marvin49":3f28a6lo said:
Cartire":3f28a6lo said:
Marvin49":3f28a6lo said:
Cartire":3f28a6lo said:

Because it was not league mandated. Pretty simple really. When I was kid, I dont think I could get away with saying "No dad, you dont need to spank me, I already handle that myself"

Did he even lose money?

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3hllre7y said:
Marvin49":3hllre7y said:
If I steal a million dollars from Bank of America, get caught, then just hand the money back, I shouldn't be convicted of anything. Right?

You want to know why it shouldn't count? It's a false gesture of a move, if he cared about not being an alcoholic in the first place this never would have happened.

Sigh. I give up.

Peeps here just want to see Aldon and the Niners burn. Doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense.

He missed 5 games. Nope...that doesn't count...he must miss more because...um...well...because we want him to miss more.

Sigh.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":3melz4sg said:
Sigh. I give up.

Peeps here just want to see Aldon and the Niners burn. Doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense.

He missed 5 games. Nope...that doesn't count...he must miss more because...um...well...because we want him to miss more.

Sigh.
Of course we just want to see Aldon and the Niners burn. Just like 49ers fans want to see us burn and were giddy when we had that string of PED violations. I don't blame you guys for feeling that way, it simply makes sense.

I really don't see how you can think that was a completely altruistic move on Aldon Smith's part, though. Perhaps it's a bit rash of me to say it should count for NOTHING, but it should not count at "full value", for instance. Perhaps those five should count for two, or three.

If you think trying to mitigate future punishment wasn't a large part of why Aldon went to rehab, you are simply being naive, Marvin. You're not naive, are you?

Cartire

Reaction score
Marvin49":39qcvdsm said:
RolandDeschain":39qcvdsm said:
Marvin49":39qcvdsm said:

Sigh. I give up.

Sigh.

Well duh. Cmon man. Get with it. I think Aldon is a menace to society and made some stupid decisions, that any normal schmoe would have been put in legitimate prison for. For that, he's guilty.

Were talking about NFL punishment now. Which its only real premise for deterring occurrence is the harm it causes your team and the guilt he gets from that. The money stings, but for most these guys, its a pretty lame punishment when it comes to actually hurting their livelyhood.

As a member of a rival team, part of his punishment is our success (every teams success outside of the SF) when playing them in his absence. He can be held partially to blame for it and we all benefit. Of course we want as much suspensions as we can get.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Marvin49":3smaygdl said:
RolandDeschain":3smaygdl said:
Marvin49":3smaygdl said:

Sigh. I give up.

Sigh.

Nonsense. Let's put Fandom aside and talk about football. The integrity of the game. We hold these athletes up as idols, people to be respected, characters our youth should aspire to. I would love nothing more than to see the Niners be healthy and strong because I WANT that competition. Believe it or not the only person on that team I hold a severe dislike for is Harbaugh. I can't stand the man screaming on the sidelines, and then all his hypocritical "holier than thou" talk whenever the Seahawks get hit with an infraction. This isn't about sadistic homerism, it's about a total lack of accountability and continuity in the league's punishments. It's about young guys getting beat down for drugs, but not for literally beating down people.

If Smith needs help, then give it to him. I'm not against that at all. We give these guys enough money and popularity to be gods, so what do we expect? But what is his motivation to change without showing him what he hath been given, can be taken away? I don't know what he did during rehab. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say he did quality time. But guess what, it didn't work. Because no sooner is the season over, than he's using the word bomb at the airport, while allegedly drunk. So you tell me how well his voluntary rehab worked.

Oh, and about those 5 games he missed, don't quote me 2012 stats in 2014. It just seems ignorant of everything that had occurred up to that point in 2013. The Rams defense was a monster, yes, but their offense was impotent. The Texans were in a full fledged spiral. The Cardinals I'll give you were a strong team. The Titans were about as average as an NFL team can get. Jags, ha. Then he's back JUST in time for a stretch including the Panthers, Saints, Skins, Rams and Seahawks? Nope, sorry, getting one of the top defensive players back in time for that is a bit too convenient for me