Kendall Hunter tears ACL

mikeak

Reaction score
Per Schefter

@AdamSchefter: 49ers RB Kendall Hunter tore his ACL in yesterday's practice, per official familiar with injury.

These injuries are just more and more common and I think some are from not starting up right / not working out in the offseason. Jason Garrett changed things this year and got rid of conditioning test and started mandatory yoga

Marvin49

Reaction score
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN · 6m
49ers confirm Kendall Hunter tore his ACL in yesterday's practice.

Well that sucks. I guess James makes the team now and Hyde and Lattimore play a more prominent role.

Had duplicate post...deleted and copied it here so we only have one thread.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I feel awful for Hunter. The knee injury is bad enough, but he is in the last year of his deal, and this pretty much kills his chances of getting anything but a prove you are healthy deal in 2015.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":y3u4bcdz said:
I feel awful for Hunter. The knee injury is bad enough, but he is in the last year of his deal, and this pretty much kills his chances of getting anything but a prove you are healthy deal in 2015.

Yeah...especially since he just came back last year from a torn Achilles. Now he's a RB (devalued already), and has had 2 season ending injuries in 4 years.

Good kid and good player when he's healthy.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Really disappointed. So many fans were not even mentioning him when talking about this years stable of backs. I was hoping he would have the shot of showing everyone he is still on the roster and #2 behind Gore. Looks like Hyde is gonna have a much larger roll than any of us thought this year. Wish Hunter a speedy recovery. :(

drdiags

Reaction score
With the beginning of football season comes the trickle of season/career ending injuries. Hate to see any player go through this. Hope he has successful recovery.

Seems like James may be spared what seemed like an inevitable cut. Depends on Lattimore and Hyde(?) I guess?

rlkats

Reaction score
I love hunter. He is a different runner than Gore. Sad. I had high hopes for him this year.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Happening in freaking practice just adds insult too. That blows.

Marvin49

Reaction score
drdiags":vu5u0s22 said:
With the beginning of football season comes the trickle of season/career ending injuries. Hate to see any player go through this. Hope he has successful recovery.

Seems like James may be spared what seemed like an inevitable cut. Depends on Lattimore and Hyde(?) I guess?

Probably would have been traded, but yeah...he's probably on the roster now.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
You hate to see anybody go down with an injury like that. I hope he can recover and get his career back on track next year.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think it is a good thing that the Niners have the backs they do. Guys are going to get opportunities but Hunter was the most tenured guy behind Gore that saw time.

Those of us who may or may not have a strong affiliation with Oregon football know what LMJ is capable of so there is that. I think that it will just simply put Hyde and Lattimore into more carries.

Just watch Baalke and JS go out and get drunk one night. The next day Lynch could be a Niner and Davis could be a Seahawk. Disgruntled salary dudes. Yikes.

ctrcat

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1hb4x3gw said:
I think it is a good thing that the Niners have the backs they do. Guys are going to get opportunities but Hunter was the most tenured guy behind Gore that saw time.

Those of us who may or may not have a strong affiliation with Oregon football know what LMJ is capable of so there is that. I think that it will just simply put Hyde and Lattimore into more carries.

Just watch Baalke and JS go out and get drunk one night. The next day Lynch could be a Niner and Davis could be a Seahawk. Disgruntled salary dudes. Yikes.

Speaking of Duck RBs, Lacey native Jonathan Stewart is out for a month (again), continuing to sabotage the Panthers salary cap from the sideline. Kenjon Barner is still around but provided little promise as a rookie.

Giedi

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2gixu7jl said:

Heh, if that happens then I can finally say I saw hell freeze over. :mrgreen: I can see both fan bases getting the pitchforks out and looking for their garrotes.