Kaepernick struggling with accuracy in training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
THE NOT-SO-GOOD

1. Colin Kaepernick. He made one good throw during practice – a 20-yard completion to Michael Crabtree in the middle of the field during a seven-on-seven red zone drill. Other than that, Kaepernick was all over the place. He missed Anquan Boldin by five yards in the corner of the end zone during the same red zone drill. Later, Kaepernick rifled a pass over Bruce Miller’s head in the flat. Next, Kaepernick threw a pass five feet over David Reed’s head. Then, Kaepernick overthrew Michael Crabtree deep when he had a step on C.J. Spillman. And that wasn’t the worst of it. Kaepernick participated in an accuracy drill with the other quarterbacks – the coaches set up a net underneath one of the uprights and there were three holes in the net. The quarterbacks had to throw as many passes into the holes as they could. Kaepernick made one of six, and on his final attempt he hit the cross bar, missed the target by a few feet.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/training ... sses-mark/

It wasn't a great day for Colin Kaepernick on the practice field.
The 49ers quarterback struggled mightily with his accuracy, often missing open receivers high and wide.
http://sfo.scout.com/story/1426405-camp ... -struggles

Colin sexy story b original

:0190l:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2014":30ro8bx8 said:
THE NOT-SO-GOOD

1. Colin Kaepernick. He made one good throw during practice – a 20-yard completion to Michael Crabtree in the middle of the field during a seven-on-seven red zone drill. Other than that, Kaepernick was all over the place. He missed Anquan Boldin by five yards in the corner of the end zone during the same red zone drill. Later, Kaepernick rifled a pass over Bruce Miller’s head in the flat. Next, Kaepernick threw a pass five feet over David Reed’s head. Then, Kaepernick overthrew Michael Crabtree deep when he had a step on C.J. Spillman. And that wasn’t the worst of it. Kaepernick participated in an accuracy drill with the other quarterbacks – the coaches set up a net underneath one of the uprights and there were three holes in the net. The quarterbacks had to throw as many passes into the holes as they could. Kaepernick made one of six, and on his final attempt he hit the cross bar, missed the target by a few feet.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/training ... sses-mark/

It wasn't a great day for Colin Kaepernick on the practice field.
The 49ers quarterback struggled mightily with his accuracy, often missing open receivers high and wide.
http://sfo.scout.com/story/1426405-camp ... -struggles

Colin sexy story b original

:0190l:
Is that article written by a "NinaTrolls approved reporter's list"? If not their may be hell to pay! :x <---- faux outrage

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't think it is an issue at the beginning of camp. Especially if he is working on using a higher trajectory. He throws the fastball as good and better than most.

CK might like his first read, but he gets it to that guy pretty well. It would be something of significance if he just had surgery on his hand or throwing arm, but the guy can throw a football.

I bet a lot of dudes are having accuracy issues right now.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Not really an issue considering it's the beginning of camp. Fun to read about, though. ;)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2n8cqai5 said:
Not really an issue considering it's the beginning of camp. Fun to read about, though. ;)
I think it's funny that Kraeperchoke is struggling, and might shrink a few NinaTroll sphincters for a bit, but struggling the first day of camp isn't something I'd put much stock in.

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
...This dude is gonna "choke" this year, bank on it!

[youtube]RrcsSXawrxQ[/youtube]

rlkats

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1tqieh6i said:
I don't think it is an issue at the beginning of camp. Especially if he is working on using a higher trajectory. He throws the fastball as good and better than most.

CK might like his first read, but he gets it to that guy pretty well. It would be something of significance if he just had surgery on his hand or throwing arm, but the guy can throw a football.

I bet a lot of dudes are having accuracy issues right now.

The voice of reason. Love it loaf.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
GLOCKHAWK":3q5mso8q said:

Well you have to admit, choking against Seattle and in big games is the one thing he is REALLY GOOD at! 8)

chris98251

Reaction score
Practice, Pre Season it's expected, he may be working on a delivery or something, staying in the pocket so he is uncomfortable etc. Non Story, anyone could take a position in our camp and look at something and say they are not performing also doing something different.

He also has new receivers and things that he could be doing timing routes with and different patterns. Talk to me in like 6 weeks about struggles.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Word is that he was struggling during mini camps too, especially in red zone drills. 8)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm holding off on my guffaws until preseason. If he has blatant issues in the 49ers' first preseason game, then I'll gladly join in the fun. Short of that, however...Meh. Just some summer rust.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3no2kmui said:
I'm holding off on my guffaws until preseason. If he has blatant issues in the 49ers' first preseason game, then I'll gladly join in the fun. Short of that, however...Meh. Just some summer rust.
I wouldn't even worry then. If he is doing that when the games count, then it may turn into comedy central. Remember though, his last game was a turd. 8)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2vppm4y2 said:
RolandDeschain":2vppm4y2 said:
I wouldn't even worry then. If he is doing that when the games count, then it may turn into comedy central. Remember though, his last game was a turd. 8)
His last game wasn't a turd, though; that's the thing. He had what amounted to a decent day against the Seahawks defense; he fared far better than Peyton.

It wasn't a great game by any stretch of the imagination, but it was significantly better than any he played against us previously in Seattle.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1vg56w4q said:
GLOCKHAWK":1vg56w4q said:

Well you have to admit, choking against Seattle and in big games is the one thing he is REALLY GOOD at! 8)

That's not choking. That's playing against Seattle's secondary. I suppose Manning choked too? And virtually every QB that played the Seahawks last year?

Anyway Kaepernick is a one trick pony when it comes to passing. I'd expect him to struggle with anything other than bullets. From a 49er fan perspective, hopefully it means he's trying to expand his throw repertoire.

Status
Not open for further replies.