Andy Reid: Chiefs TE Sean McGrath will retire

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
King Dog":3honc1cc said:
Wow, crazy. 26 years old. I liked his blue collar work ethic as a Hawk, and that beard was glorious.

Sean McGrath, who led all Chiefs tight ends in receptions in 2013, has elected to retire, coach Andy Reid said Saturday, according to the Kansas City Star.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ll-retire/
Wow, I wonder what's up? Maybe he just is burned out!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2vhincbg said:
King Dog":2vhincbg said:
Wow, crazy. 26 years old. I liked his blue collar work ethic as a Hawk, and that beard was glorious.

Sean McGrath, who led all Chiefs tight ends in receptions in 2013, has elected to retire, coach Andy Reid said Saturday, according to the Kansas City Star.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ll-retire/
Wow, I wonder what's up? Maybe he just is burned out!
That's about the only thing that makes any sense. :229031_shrug:

kearly

Reaction score
Maybe he's part of a weird religion or something like that San Diego State RB.

I never really thought McGrath was all that great. There are a lot of pass catchers on our team who would immediately look better on a different offense with thinner competition.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kearly":3rgj84p9 said:
Maybe he's part of a weird religion or something like that San Diego State RB.

I never really thought McGrath was all that great. There are a lot of pass catchers on our team who would immediately look better on a different offense with thinner competition.

You mean the Niners RB Glen Coffee?

sc85sis

Reaction score
I think he's referring to that kid earlier this year who said God told him to leave the Combine and that he'd be drafted by the Hawks. He follows some dude who claims he's the second coming of Christ, or something along those lines.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
According to his agent he no longer has the spark to play and doesn't want to be a determent.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
A lot of people were shocked when we cut McGrath last year. Maybe the lack of "spark" was something the coaches recognized back then. Similar to Moffitt. Hard to second-guess those decisions now.